Forums

Topic: FAST Racing Neo General Discussion OUT NOW!

Posts 161 to 180 of 247

JoyBoy

Ok, it feels pretty good to finish the first 2 cups 1st on my first attempt.

1st cup: 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd

2nd cup : 3rd, 2nd, 3rd, 1st.

This game looks and feels really good. But I can't believe this is still the slowest speed...

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

yokokazuo

@Mahemoth Just wait till you go back to subsonic after hypersonic and it will feel so slow haha.

@BulkSlash I don't mind it too much, plus in F-Zero X the A button was also used to accelerate. You can use X to switch phases so you don't have to switch between the triggers. I personally prefer to use L though and sometimes use my index and middle finger for the triggers.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Mister_Wu

yokokazuo wrote:

I personally prefer to use L though and sometimes use my index and middle finger for the triggers.

I think this is the right way of pressing the shoulder buttons on the GamePad, as there's even the rest for the other fingers on the back of it.

Mister_Wu

Freeon-Leon

@Mister_Wu: I think that's the best way to play when you activate your boost, though it still feels a little awkward. Sometimes I'd wish the Gamepad had some buttons in the part where your fingers rest, below ZR/ZL

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

JoyBoy

@yokokazuo: @Freeon-Leon: Yeah I can imagine. Atm i'm playing online for a while, it works really smooth.
I can't do that transition from sub to hyper in 1 day lol

Btw, how annoying is it when you bump into someone at the start of the race...

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

yokokazuo

@Mister_Wu on PS3/4, it feels more comfortable for me to have a finger on each trigger (it seems I'm the only one of my friends who does that), but with the game pad and pro controller I don't really play like that normally.

yokokazuo

Mister_Wu

I think it doesn't seem that natural at first, but then I just discovered that many games are meant to be played with a finger on each trigger.

Mister_Wu

yokokazuo

Just got first in all cups! I've really enjoyed this game a lot so far, I don't play online a whole lot though. I wish that Hypersonic was available for it, but I suspect it has to do with reducing lag.

I did have a match recently where I got ahead of someone and near the end, I was suddenly put into second place and the countdown timer had begun... Aside from that though, there hasn't been much lag.

yokokazuo

LadyCharlie

I was really sad to see the online player pool for this game die out after just one weekend.

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

jariw

CharlieSmile wrote:

I was really sad to see the online player pool for this game die out after just one weekend.

Since it freezes for so many players, I think a patch is needed before any sustainable online would appear.

jariw

Dezzy

Ok this game really surprised me. I'm really not a racing game person, beyond Mario Kart but this is incredibly well made and also one of the best looking games in existence right now.
It's fairly hard to come first on the regular difficulty though. I dread to think how it is on the higher difficulty.
Best game Shinen have made so far though!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JoyBoy

^ It's really not that hard to end 1st in the thougher leagues. I once placed 10th in one of the cups of the hypersonic league and I still ended up getting gold. It's usually your own fault for not knowing the stage well enough. And also some of the racing vehicles can only get you so far. Having said that, how does Sunahara desert work in hypersonic mode!? I can't seem to nail it. It seems you have to press the break button constantly on every turn. Maybe I should try a lighter car first.

SW-7849-9887-2074

andreoni79

A question for those who unlocked Hero mode: one can race on mirrored tracks only at Hero speed, right? Wouldn't be great to race on them even on Sub and Hyper?

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

LadyCharlie

jariw wrote:

Since it freezes for so many players, I think a patch is needed before any sustainable online would appear.

I mean, on the day the game came out, I was able to get in online races in just a few seconds.
I tried playing on Sunday, and I was stuck in empty lobbies for nearly an hour.

LadyCharlie

yokokazuo

@CharlieSmile I've played a few online matches, but for the most part I've been working on completing all the cups, time trials and hero mode.

yokokazuo

jariw

Shin'en has tweeted about an update arriving in January. Minimap, online tags, stability fixes, and more.

jariw

LadyCharlie

@jariw: OOOH. I like this news.
Hopefully this'll get more players back online too!

LadyCharlie

Dezzy

Cool. Minimap is something I'd noticed the absence of.
Still loving this game. Finally finished the first difficulty level.

I have to say, this game feels like it was slightly underpriced. Though saying that, it's not normally my genre so I probably wouldn't have even tried it for a higher price.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

chardir

jariw wrote:

Shin'en has tweeted about an update arriving in January. Minimap, online tags, stability fixes, and more.

I wonder if they'll fix the glitchy shortcuts.

Friend Code: SW-1014-2011-3950 (Switch name: Dii)
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: LMR-JBK-RWG

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.