Forums

Topic: FAST Racing Neo General Discussion OUT NOW!

Posts 141 to 160 of 247

jariw

shani wrote:

• The same goes for obstacles (also for the meteoroids in midair): dodge them by drifting around them. As with boost pads, the advantage of drifting over steering is that you immediately continue to drive in a straight line (or during a turn: on the racing line), while steering with the left stick can align you the wrong way.

For the sections with obstacles (ice and rocks), I save some boost and boost through them instead.

shani wrote:

2. Why does the Gamepad always look like it's turned off?

It save lots of battery time.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Freeon-Leon

Wow, Supersonic league is just so much fun and hard as nails too. Can't wait to race in Hypersonic league

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

OorWullie

@shani: Some good advice for newcomers there.I would add that pressing ZR/ZL at the same time makes you drift even sharper.At least it seems like it does.

@yokokazuo: Nice one.i would expect no less from such a skilled Splatoon player as yourself.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Freeon-Leon

Is there a way to play hypersonic league online? After playing some tracks in that league I felt online play a bit sluggish

OorWullie

I just unlocked Supersonic and man is it fast.I can't imagine what Hypersonic is going to be like.Surely this has to be the fastest racer ever?

Just got myself a Pro controller,well I've to go pick it up in the store as they just called me to say it's come in.I will feel better equipped now to take on the faster leagues.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

OorWullie

@Freeon-Leon: It shouldn't take me too long to unlock it hopefully.For my first attempt at Supersonic I didn't do too badly so I'll take it on tonight with my new Pro controller.The game really isn't as hard as some have made it out to be.The fact you don't need to finish first in the cups to progress or that no racer dominates the leaderboard definitely helps but even with crashes or a really bad lap it's still possible to come back and finish in a decent position.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Freeon-Leon

@OorWullie: Oh, I should get a Wii U Pro controller too, I bet this game plays beautiful with one of those.

And I agree with you, even though this game is hard, it's never unfair. In order to beat the cups I just had to practice until I was good enough, so people just have to "git gud" and that's it. Btw, I already beat the first cup in Hypersonic in my first try and it was awwsome, tomorrow I'll try to beat the other 3 cups. Then to Hero Mode!

Lycidas

@yokokazuo: Same here, Sunahara Desert on Hypersonic is giving me a lot of trouble, because everytime I run wide, I crash. It'll take lots of practice but the fact that even little pebbles destroy the car makes it really hard. This track, and Kamagori City, with that Robot.

otherwise the feeling of speed is excellent, and after playing Hypersonic, Subsonic feels really slow.

3DS Friend Code: 0662 - 2569 - 8444 Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion
Pocket football club: Hebel 05 FC ID: 6788BCBD4

Super Mario Maker Levels

Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion

yokokazuo

@Lycidas ya that robot was also a pain haha.
I played an online match afterwards and it felt so slow which seems kind of weird to say haha.

@OorWullie For me, I don't know for sure since a glitch happened when I went back to beat it on Subsonic so the current time is from Supersonic, but I'm guessing it was around 10 or 11 minutes. In Hypersonic I made a bunch of mistakes so I know it is possible to finish it at least a minute or two faster, but I still managed to place first with a time of 07:42.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

yokokazuo

I got second instead of third on the titanium cup for hypersonic, but it still shows the bronze trophy for some reason. My only guess is that it goes by best time maybe? (I used a slower, lighter vehicle because of the Sunahara desert.)

Actually I believe it has to do with the glitch when playing the same cup in a row on a different league. I had just gotten first in the supersonic league on the Titanium Cup then went to try it on Hypersonic.

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

yokokazuo

So just a PSA for all FRN owners

If playing between leagues, I would advise against playing the same cup twice in a row through different leagues. I have confirmed with another user that if you complete a cup in one league and then do the same in another in the same cup, a glitch may occur. If the time is faster then the new time will show for that cup in that league (which is how some people got the world record times), but if you do something like complete a cup in first then do the same in a separate league, then it appears that it won't save your results. (at least if you've played through it once before, not sure about first time)

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

RobNYC1977

Straight up, be 100% honest.. how difficult is this game to unlock at least the first cup? I picked up a 10 dollar eshop card today and had about 5 and change in my nintendo eshop wallet and was so excited to play this game but was about 40 cents short after taxes, GRRRR. (seriously though... how hard is this game?)

RobNYC1977

RobNYC1977

I saw one of the direct videos when I was going to buy it today and the creators of the game kept coming in 9th and 10th place :/

RobNYC1977

OorWullie

@RobNYC1977: The game is challenging for sure but it's a fair challenge,never frustrating.I am in no way an expert player and wen't straight into the 1st cup without any practise but I managed to beat it on my 3rd attempt,the next 2 I beat on my 1st attempt and the 4th on my 3rd.I'm now on Supersonic league and the speed is absolutely insane but I know I can beat it.Whether I can beat Hypersonic is another thing but it won't be for lack of trying if I don't.

The game is fantastic!Get it,you won't regret it

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Freeon-Leon

Hero Mode is insanely fun and extremely difficult, in a good way. Though I beat Chuoku City on my second attempt

BulkSlash

Am I the only one that really hates the button mappings in this game? Why do all Nintendo racing games these days map accelerate to A? I'd much prefer to use the B button like F-Zero, then boost could be mapped to A, phase change to Y and brake to X (has anyone actually used the brake yet?)

I'd be able to keep my fingers on the drift buttons then instead of having to double time between L/R and ZL/ZR which is really uncomfortable. If only Shinen had included a button mapping screen...

BulkSlash

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.