Forums

Topic: FAST Racing Neo General Discussion OUT NOW!

Posts 121 to 140 of 247

yokokazuo

Octane wrote:

I just noticed the Online Ranking in Championship mode, how is it possible to beat the Cobalt Cup in 04:21.433? That's a little over 1 minute for each 3-lap course.

I just found out a glitch which would explain it. After I beat the Cobalt Cup in the Supersonic League, I went back to it in the Subsonic to see if the car on the trophy would change and if there was anything else. Later I noticed that my times for the Cobalt Cup in both Leagues were the exact same (which would be rather fast for the Subsonic League).

I also just tested it again with the Xenon Cup and confirmed that the time that shows up will show your fastest time from all Leagues for some reason.

It doesn't look like your ranking changes though.

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Octane

@yokokazuo: I haven't played the hypersonic(?) mode yet, but I doubt its possible to beat all four tracks in a little over a minute, that's less than 22 seconds per lap on average. Hypersonic mode can't be that much faster, right?

Octane

yokokazuo

@Octane just unlocked it so I'll give it a shot haha

Edit: just beat the cobalt cup with a time of 7:42. I did make a bunch of mistakes though (no clue how I got first haha, it was a tie though). Without any mistakes I think I could shave off a minute or two. Even then that would be over a minute longer than the best time. But idk, maybe some people are just really good at this already and know what to do to get some insane times.

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

shani

Lol, why doesn't this thread show up on page one if the game was released only yesterday? ^^ Sorry for creating a second thread.
Anyway, great game so far, I love it!

@manfred: I found a critical bug yesterday: I played a cup and after every race, the game put me one position higher in the list than I actually finished. I also got more points because of that. So when I finished 2nd, it made me 1st, when I finished 3rd, it made me 2nd etc.
Did anyone of you also have this bug?

And then I wanted to point out that I'd like to organize a little tournament soon.

That is, as soon as everyone familiarized themselves with the game, I myself still have to unlock everything.

bluedogrulez wrote:

The trigger buttons aren't a true slide like in MK8, so holding one down will likely send you into a wall.

I love that about it, because it's more similar to the sliding in F-Zero X.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

yokokazuo

Just beat my first Hero Mode stage. It's a pretty fun challenge, thankfully it isn't a whole cup.

Kind of hate it when they reset you sometimes for going off the road... Near the end of one attempt I accidentally went off for a moment and was reset just as I got back on the road.

Just now I had a large frame rate drop while going pretty fast haha. Might have had to do with several CPU's crashing though.

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

yokokazuo

Because of the glitch with the best time, my ranking for the subsonic xenon cup is now 16th, currently fourth for Supersonic though which is pretty nice. My current time is 07:25.228

yokokazuo

shani

Ok now I gotta ask: Why is this thread located under the Wii U eshop section?
Since my thread in the Wii U section was closed, I suggest one of the mods (maybe @Santa?) kindly move this to the right section. Thanks in advance.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

LaserdiscGal

@Shani this is a WiiU Eshop game, why would we have to move it's location?

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

shani

@Santa: Because obviously this isn't a eshop thread anymore but a Fast Racing Neo general game discussion thread. Otherwise I don't understand why my general game discussion thread in the Wii U section was closed because then it wouldn't have been a duplicate.

The Wii U forum section is full of general game discussion threads for every game except Fast Racing Neo. So either this eshop thread is misused for general game discussions or it's a general game discussion thread that should be moved.

Look at the Wii U eshop section, there isn't a single general game discussion thread except for FRN.
It doesn't make sense to look for a general game discussion thread in the eshop section.

Edited on by shani

LaserdiscGal

@Shani

The Eshop category is for discussion games on the eshop only (or originally), you know like Fast Racing Neo. As Fast Racing Neo is ONLY on the wiiu eshop it goes in the WiiU Eshop category.

As for saying FRN is the only one in the category, look at Shovel Knight, Runbow, Octodad, Human Resource Machine, Cube Life, Freedom Planet, ect.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

shani

@Santa: Really? If that's so, then I find it totally unintuitive. Why separate digital-only releases from the other releases? What's the reasoning behind this?
Yeah, now I see the other indie titles in this section and I think that's also very unintuitive, because their discussion threads get mixed up with totally unrelated threads like "[Search] codes Wii U eShop". It doesn't help in distinguishing game discussion threads from eshop-related but game-unrelated threads.

Besides, these are the forum section descriptions:

Wii U: Nintendo's first foray into HD gaming and touch-screen in the living room, it's Wii U!
Wii U eShop: Addicted to downloading from the Wii U eShop? Talk about it here!
Wii U Virtual Console: Don't be afraid to look into the past, we all love the Virtual Console and now on Wii U!

The first description doesn't mention how the games are released, it's just a very common description.
The second description tells us to talk only about downloading games from the eshop, not to talk/discuss about actually playing them.
I don't want to start a reorganizing revolution but I genuinely think this separation is really illogical and unintuitive. When talking about the game itself, it's totally unimportant whether it's digital-only or not. The important things are the gameplay, bugs etc.

I would've never came across the idea of searching for games like FRN, Art of Balance, Affordable Space Adventures, OllieOllie etc. in the Wii U eshop section. And I'm not someone who usually doesn't take a closer look, so I'm pretty sure a lot of other people also missed those threads there. They would be more visible in a joint Wii U discussion section in my opinion. Especially if the eshop section is described with "Addicted to downloading from the Wii U eShop? Talk about it here!". I don't want to talk about download addictions, I want to talk about gaming.

Edited on by shani

LaserdiscGal

@Shani if you have an issue use the contact forum, you're ranting to the wrong person.

LaserdiscGal

shani

@Santa: Ah sorry, this wasn't mean as ranting, more as a useful suggestion. And I didn't really know who to talk to or who's responsible for the forums. I'll do that, thanks for the tip!

BTT I guess.

Edited on by shani

LaserdiscGal

@Shani all good.

I've been debating on getting this game honestly, but I hear the difficulty is insane and I'm not that great at racers (especially the fast paced ones like Fzero).

Is it really that challenging?

LaserdiscGal

shani

@Santa: Not at all. I guess those people complaining have never played F-Zero, Wipeout, Extreme G or something similar.
Although I have to say I'm a racing fan, especially of sci-fi racers. So maybe it is challenging if you're not used to these kind of racing games. But I think that anyone can get into it, like with every new game it takes a bit of training.

Personally I don't find it that challenging in particular, I just finished first in the Titanium cup (on novice) with my first try. The Titanium cup is the third of four cups.

Edited on by shani

yokokazuo

@Santa it takes some getting used to, but I recently made it into Hypersonic which is the fastest/hardest difficulty. I do have some experience in racing games, especially ones like F-Zero however.

Also since you only need to place at least third to advance, it isn't too difficult. The CPU's aren't like in Mario Kart where there are several ones who constantly place in the top 3 and the rest are in the bottom. Anything can happen so even if you get 8th place or so in one race, you still have a chance at winning the cup.

yokokazuo

shani

@manfred: There are two things I don't understand:

1. Why do you sell this game so cheaply? I think it's easily worth double the price. When Shin'en announced this would be a full price title, I expected to pay 30-40 euros and feared it could even be 60 euros. Now it's only 15 euros and that's just too cheap if you ask me! I mean, the basic gameplay is awesome, there are 16 maps, three difficulties/velocities + hero mode where you're boost gauge is also your shield gauge and I heard the tracks are also mirrored there? Come on, that's worth more than 15 Euros.
2. Why does the Gamepad always look like it's turned off? I play the game with the Pro Controller and when I occasionally looked at my Gamepad, I wondered why it shut itself off. So on time I held down the powerbutton. But the Gamepad was still on and so I accidentially turned off my Wii U.
What I'm trying to say is: Couldn't you display the map on the Gamepad's screen instead? That would be really useful since I really miss a map in this game. In Mario Kart 8 (where I play with Wiimote+Nunchuk) , I always put the Gamepad on the stand to see the map whenever I need to.
Alternatively, it could also be displayed transparently on the main display.

Edited on by shani

shani

So, after unlocking all maps and the supersonic league, I gathered some advice that should be obvious for sic-fi racing fans but maybe helpful for newcomers that struggle with the game:

• In case you're wondering: the boost pads do not fill your boost meter.
  • It's advisable to reach alternating boost pads by drifting rather than steering with the left stick.
  • The same goes for obstacles (also for the meteoroids in midair): dodge them by drifting around them. As with boost pads, the advantage of drifting over steering is that you immediately continue to drive in a straight line (or during a turn: on the racing line), while steering with the left stick can align you the wrong way.
  • Drifting works similar to F-Zero X: You can either tap ZL/ZR for small adjustments or hold the button down for a drastic last-second drift onto the boost pad or the track itself when you're in midair.
  • Obviously you also need drifting for tight turns. If you have problems with specific turns because you always bump right into the inside boundary, try letting the accelerate button go while drifting (only for a short while though).
  • Unlike other racing games, FRN gives you complete freedom of steering/drifting while in midair. It doesn't hold your hand, which means you can get off the track pretty fast, but at the same time even if you miscalculate, you can still drift back into the right position quickly.
  • Don't land onto edges as this will let your vehicle explode.
  • In case you were wondering what made your vehicle jolt: sometimes stones crumble down onto the track and stay there, try to avoid them as they slow you down a little bit.
  • From what I could learn so far, you quick-start when you start holding down the accelerate button at the end of 2 (similar to MK8).
  • In a tight race, especially at the end and in case you have some spare boost left, it can be helpful to boost into your enemies so that they spin for a short time while you overtake them
  • This goes without saying but: look out for shortcuts.
  • Every vehicle drives differently. It probably makes sense to get used to one of them first. I started with Ziro Industries because it's the lightest vehicle and I find that the most easiest way to start. But of course it depends on your personal preferences and your play style.
  • In case you never played any of the F-Zero games: Chuoko City is clearly an hommage to Mute City.
  • You tell me

Edited on by shani

yokokazuo

I think my worst tracks are Sunahara Plains and Desert. Especially on the desert, I tend to go off the track or into a rock or other obstacle a lot, having difficulties on Hypersonic at the moment.

yokokazuo

yokokazuo

Managed to get third in the Titanium and Neon Cups so I've beaten the Hypersonic League now. On Sunahara Desert I ended in 9th, but I did well enough to place third while in the Neon cup I think I was 4th every time.

yokokazuo

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.