Wii U eShop Forum

Topic: DuckTales Remastered revealed at PAX East 2013 by Capcom

Showing 81 to 100 of 128

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

81. Posted:

Just got back from the store with my card and I am downloading right now as I type this.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

SparkOfSpirit

82. Posted:

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzRFpMF8VjLeYb6

The game is still awesome. Hard mode with hard pogo was a blast.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

83. Posted:

Don't get this if the PC version is anything to go by.

Removes most of the things I really like about the original.

Controls are terrible. (Either the analog stick or the pogo ones).
Added loads of pointless cutscenes that you cannot turn off globally. (I could put up with a bit of skip- able cartoon after each level).

Absolutely ruins it for me.

unrandomsam

AuthorMessage

SparkOfSpirit

84. Posted:

I beat it with 20 lives on hard. Controls are fine.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

85. Posted:

unrandomsam wrote:

Don't get this if the PC version is anything to go by.

Removes most of the things I really like about the original.

Controls are terrible. (Either the analog stick or the pogo ones).
Added loads of pointless cutscenes that you cannot turn off globally. (I could put up with a bit of skip- able cartoon after each level).

Absolutely ruins it for me.

You do know the cut scenes can be skipped right? What other game lets you completely turn off cut scenes?
Wayforward hasn't really made a PC game before so I personally would get it on a console because Wayforward has more experience on those.

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

86. Posted:

The game is actually the same as the PC one.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

Joshers744

87. Posted:

I am lovin this so far. Good, challenging platforming (I actually lost all my lives once in the Amazon and had to start it over...which made it more of a challenge...I haven't had that happen in a game in years! Much more exciting than having 67 lives). The artwork is cool, and little things like diving in the money bin add a really pleasant touch to it. It's the simple things..

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
XBL : Jataylor744

My 3DS friend code is : 4639-9014-2585Online games i have right now : MK7, Mario Tennis O, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Sonic Generations, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Animal Crossing : New Leaf

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

Splat

88. Posted:

I love it!

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

Xyphon22

89. Posted:

Can anyone comment on how much is new from the original NES version? I still have the original that works fine, so as much as I love the game, I'm not sure I want to spend $15 just for some shiny new graphics.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

AuthorMessage

Joshers744

90. Posted:

I honestly haven't played the orginail (at least if I have it was many years ago now) but as far as I know, some differences include (could be right or wrong on some so don't hold me to it but...) : Graphics, 4 different difficulty levels, you can dive into Scrooge's money bin just for the heck of it, unlockable art/music/etc., cut scenes with voice overs from the original actors, new and old music, and leaderboards.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
XBL : Jataylor744

My 3DS friend code is : 4639-9014-2585Online games i have right now : MK7, Mario Tennis O, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Sonic Generations, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Animal Crossing : New Leaf

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

91. Posted:

I started playing the game on Easy Mode. (My plan is to clear each stage on all the difficulty settings). I have already started spending my $ on some of the unlockable/collectables. Really fun platformer so far! Cant' wait to get to harder difficulty settings...I might just go ahead and play it on Normal. :-P

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

92. Posted:

Xyphon22 wrote:

Can anyone comment on how much is new from the original NES version? I still have the original that works fine, so as much as I love the game, I'm not sure I want to spend $15 just for some shiny new graphics.

Honestly not that much is different. They updated the graphics so it looks like the cartoon show and added the voices from the cartoon as well. For the most part the levels are the same design however boss fights have been expanded alot. No more do they have the simple patterns they do in the NES version. For example

SPOILER

Magical De Spell no longer just flies around as a bird and shoots lightning bolts.

END SPOILER

Also they added cut scenes to explain the storyline better.

If you do have it on the NES like me I highly suggest picking it up its quite possibly the best 15 bucks I have spent on the Wii U.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

93. Posted:

I have to say everything I have loved about the original is in this game and than some. Quite possibly the best Wii U purchase I have made.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

94. Posted:

Watch this for a good laugh http://youtu.be/rxwJLxk4I-s?t=34m (ending)

Backloggery. Now playing: Spyro: Year of the Dragon, Gex, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Final Fantasy V, and Knuckles the Echidna in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sonic Classic Collection).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

Mauhiho

95. Posted:

Never played the original so i'm kinda wondering if I should get this..
Also, can you change the language? I prefer to play the game in Dutch since I grew up with the Dutch TV Series :P

Currently playing -

Pokémon Emerald Kirby's Adventure Wii The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Nintendo Network ID: Mauz64

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

96. Posted:

I'm really enjoying this game so far. However, I did experience some audio glitches earlier today while nearing the end of the African Mines. D:

My apologies for the blurriness of that video. The audio was what I was trying to capture. Also, me holding the Wii U Gamepad up next to my camera's microphone wasn't helpful.

Edited on by bezerker99

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

97. Posted:

Just a quick question for you some of you who may have played the original and now this version.

I just finished the African Mines level and I have to ask is the second treasure in there like the original game or did they take it out?

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

Moorpheel

98. Posted:

I got this!

I supposed playing the game in normal would be easy, being an experience gamer and all, but boy I was wrong. This game really is retro hard.

I guess I'll have to train in easy level first... Or force my way through normal like many of you probably did as kids.

Edited on by Moorpheel

Moo

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

99. Posted:

I beat the game this morning. I never played the original and only listened to the 8-bit music on Youtube, but I definitely see its fans getting goosebumps from this. I still enjoyed it because it reminded me of watching Ducktales and other classic Disney cartoons as a kid years ago. WayForward did a great job at capturing the spirit of Ducktales with the graphics and voice-acting. The game is also pretty challenging, even though I was playing on Easy Mode. I died several times throughout the game, but never lost all of my lives. The game really makes me miss the classic Disney Channel of Ducktales, Chip N' Dale Rescue Rangers, Goof Troop, and the others. Now I'm going to collect more money so I can buy more bonus content.

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

100. Posted:

Not sure if this happened to anyone else, but I finished the Himalyas level only to have my Wii U freeze on me during the saving/load screen. Anyone else experience freezing issues?

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4