Wii U eShop Forum

Topic: DuckTales Remastered revealed at PAX East 2013 by Capcom

Showing 41 to 60 of 144

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

41. Posted:

I'm hyped. Loved Ducktales whenever I saw it at Grandma's, and the game itself looks great. I also think the visuals look pretty good.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

AuthorMessage
LztheQuackAdmin

LztheQuack

42. Posted:

edhe wrote:

I'm not too keen on the rendition of the Main Theme, and I honestly think an HD remake of Duck Tales is pointless.

I would have liked them to be as daring as to make a game in the 8-bit style - music and all, because that's how we remember the game.

So just release the NES version and call it a day?

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Fire Emblem! Enough said! TINGLE_loggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Tasuki

Tasuki

43. Posted:

Totally excited about this news. This is going to be an instabuy for me. Now if you excuse me I have the weirdest urge to play Ducktales on my NES.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
edhe

edhe

44. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

edhe wrote:

I'm not too keen on the rendition of the Main Theme

it's the original song

edhe looked ashamed is the correct response. just as a tip

No it isn't. I know the song very well, and this one (the one in the trailer) is subtly different.

I have a .flv video of the opening sequence on my computer.

For one thing, their's a tiny section missing before the bridge/d-d-d-danger lyric, and I loved that bit ;)

My Backloggery
Follow a cow?
Shut the heck up, yadon
You cannot #StopGamerGate

Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage
Emaan

Emaan

45. Posted:

So much excite for a game I don't know much about, maybe it's the legacy. :O

I believe in make believe~
The Emaaloggery
✰ Not around as much as I used to be ✰

Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage
SparkOfSpirit

SparkOfSpirit

46. Posted:

edhe wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

edhe wrote:

I'm not too keen on the rendition of the Main Theme

it's the original song

edhe looked ashamed is the correct response. just as a tip

No it isn't. I know the song very well, and this one (the one in the trailer) is subtly different.

I have a .flv video of the opening sequence on my computer.

For one thing, their's a tiny section missing before the bridge/d-d-d-danger lyric, and I loved that bit ;)

It's the full version of the theme that was later chopped into the opening of the show.

He's still right.

Edited on by SparkOfSpirit

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

AuthorMessage
edhe

edhe

47. Posted:

I tell a lie. I don't have the .flv, I have an audio file so I can play it on my iPod (with Galaxy High, Duckula and Penny Crayon!).

This is the cartoon version:
[youtube:CMU2NwaaXEA]

And this is the HD remaster version. (From 0:43)
[youtube:G6d1A2row6I]

I understand they probably had to record a new track for the game due to licensing, but they are blatantly different. You can tell in the first seconds on account of their choice of bass. I don't like the synth in the opening of the HD remaster version either.

I'm not saying it's a terrible song though. It still has the same content, of course, and I look forward to hearing other tracks from the remastered game. I'm a fan of the NES music as well - in particular, the African Mines, Transylvania and The Moon.

BTW, the section I refer to in my earlier post (before the bridge) is @ 0:31 - 0:33 on the first video linked.

LzQuacker wrote:

So just release the NES version and call it a day?

Hey, it worked for Mega Man 9 & 10.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery
Follow a cow?
Shut the heck up, yadon
You cannot #StopGamerGate

Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

48. Posted:

Mega Man also had a lot of blind fans who believed the series stopped being good when the series stopped being 8-Bit. It was meant to represent a return to form. A brand new game in the original series that started it all, and with enough quality to match its legacy.

This is not a new game. This is not a return to form. This is a remake of a series that hasn't seen a game since the NES days. If they remade it with the old graphics, it wouldn't be a remake. It'd be an updated port. I don't think too many people would be willing to pay $15 for that.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

AuthorMessage
SEGAGAGA

SEGAGAGA

49. Posted:

This game looks really good, i really hope more 2D games get this treatment.
http://youtu.be/o4Wfl7Q9m3I

SEGAGAGA

AuthorMessage
SparkOfSpirit

SparkOfSpirit

50. Posted:

edhe wrote:

I tell a lie. I don't have the .flv, I have an audio file so I can play it on my iPod (with Galaxy High, Duckula and Penny Crayon!).

This is the cartoon version:
[youtube:CMU2NwaaXEA]

And this is the HD remaster version. (From 0:43)
[youtube:G6d1A2row6I]

I understand they probably had to record a new track for the game due to licensing, but they are blatantly different. You can tell in the first seconds on account of their choice of bass. I don't like the synth in the opening of the HD remaster version either.

I'm not saying it's a terrible song though. It still has the same content, of course, and I look forward to hearing other tracks from the remastered game. I'm a fan of the NES music as well - in particular, the African Mines, Transylvania and The Moon.

BTW, the section I refer to in my earlier post (before the bridge) is @ 0:31 - 0:33 on the first video linked.

LzQuacker wrote:

So just release the NES version and call it a day?

Hey, it worked for Mega Man 9 & 10.

Subscribe to Nintendo Life on YouTube

It's the full version of the theme that was originally made for the cartoon. They edited it for the new trailer to match the cartoon theme.

It's NOT a new theme.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

AuthorMessage
DudeSean

DudeSean

51. Posted:

Whirlpool wrote:

Its somewhat interesting to see Capcom and Wayforward teaming up again. Now both of them have great reputations of making remakes, and reboots. It was almost meant to be.
However I'm sure Warren Spector is really angry right now, having a great interest to be apart of Ducktales development.

I'm sure if anything, this game will just help him to be able to make a DuckTales game, because the series is being brought back to life. Or at least, they're attempting to bring it back.

edhe wrote:

I'm not too keen on the rendition of the Main Theme, and I honestly think an HD remake of Duck Tales is pointless.

I would have liked them to be as daring as to make a game in the 8-bit style - music and all, because that's how we remember the game.

Then just buy it on the NES. That way it's on a console that you remember using the controller that you remember. And go to the house where you grew up and rearrange the furniture so it's the same as what you remember.

edhe wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

edhe wrote:

I'm not too keen on the rendition of the Main Theme

it's the original song

edhe looked ashamed is the correct response. just as a tip

No it isn't. I know the song very well, and this one (the one in the trailer) is subtly different.

I have a .flv video of the opening sequence on my computer.

For one thing, their's a tiny section missing before the bridge/d-d-d-danger lyric, and I loved that bit ;)

You must've been one of the people that complained about Sonic's eye color in Sonic the Hedgehog 4.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Ashurii

Ashurii

52. Posted:

The feels are strong with this one :)

Ashurii

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
edhe

edhe

53. Posted:

@DudeSean

Very droll. But thanks for insinuating I'm an irrational, OCD suffering, sonic fanboy.

I never said I wanted a straight port for crying out loud. I also never said the new theme is deficient in any way. I was simply expressing my opinion that I prefer the original version.

My Backloggery
Follow a cow?
Shut the heck up, yadon
You cannot #StopGamerGate

Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage
edhe

edhe

54. Posted:

@Spark_of_spirit

Oh. I stand corrected.

My Backloggery
Follow a cow?
Shut the heck up, yadon
You cannot #StopGamerGate

Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

55. Posted:

You wanted the original graphics and music. That's pretty much asking for a port. It's not a remake if they leave the graphics and music alone.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

AuthorMessage
edhe

edhe

56. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

You wanted the original graphics and music. That's pretty much asking for a port. It's not a remake if they leave the graphics and music alone.

I never remember saying I wanted the original music and graphics. Why do you keep assuming that?

Again, I'll bring up Mega Man 9 & 10. New graphics, new audio, new levels, different game. But I suppose with Capcom/Disney not wanting a VC re-release, and Wayforward's artists being extremely capable of animating HD graphics, that was unlikely to happen anyway.

My Backloggery
Follow a cow?
Shut the heck up, yadon
You cannot #StopGamerGate

Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage
LztheQuackAdmin

LztheQuack

57. Posted:

edhe wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

You wanted the original graphics and music. That's pretty much asking for a port. It's not a remake if they leave the graphics and music alone.

I never remember saying I wanted the original music and graphics. Why do you keep assuming that?

Again, I'll bring up Mega Man 9 & 10. New graphics, new audio, new levels, different game. But I suppose with Capcom/Disney not wanting a VC re-release, and Wayforward's artists being extremely capable of animating HD graphics, that was unlikely to happen anyway.

So basically you're asking for a new 8-bit game. This is not a new game, just to clear up some confusion.

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Fire Emblem! Enough said! TINGLE_loggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
DudeSean

DudeSean

58. Posted:

edhe wrote:

@DudeSean

Very droll. But thanks for insinuating I'm an irrational, OCD suffering, sonic fanboy.

I never said I wanted a straight port for crying out loud. I also never said the new theme is deficient in any way. I was simply expressing my opinion that I prefer the original version.

You said you wanted it to be just like you remember. How is that not insinuating you want the original NES version? If you prefer the original version, that's fine. But that's not what you said.

Actually, I wasn't insinuating you were an irrational, OCD suffering, sonic fanboy. I was comparing you to one. I mean, you were complaining about one second worth of that song because it wasn't identical to the original. I'd say that's comparable.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

59. Posted:

edhe wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

You wanted the original graphics and music. That's pretty much asking for a port. It's not a remake if they leave the graphics and music alone.

I never remember saying I wanted the original music and graphics. Why do you keep assuming that?

edhe wrote:

I would have liked them to be as daring as to make a game in the 8-bit style - music and all, because that's how we remember the game.

See, yes you did.

Edited on by theblackdragon

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo

60. Posted:

LMAO!! Mickeymac! XD

Edited on by theblackdragon

Help Scott Pilgrim become backwards compatible for the Xbox One!

My Deviant Art! Feel free to browse my work!
My Backloggery

Twitter: