Wii U eShop Forum

Topic: DuckTales Remastered revealed at PAX East 2013 by Capcom

Showing 101 to 120 of 131

AuthorMessage

Rensch

101. Posted:

Mauhiho wrote:

Never played the original so i'm kinda wondering if I should get this..
Also, can you change the language? I prefer to play the game in Dutch since I grew up with the Dutch TV Series :P

I looked for this as well, but it's limited to English, Portugese, German, Spanish and French. Perhaps I am missing a few but there was no Dutch. The guy who did Uncle Scrooge - or should I say Oom Dagobert - has been dead for years so it would not be quite the same anyway. Still cool that they got the original English cast to do this, though.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

102. Posted:

The game can be played in several languages, but they all use the english voice acting as far as I know.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

103. Posted:

Arrrg. I had another freezing issue this time it was during the moon level. Anyone else having freezing issues.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

104. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Arrrg. I had another freezing issue this time it was during the moon level. Anyone else having freezing issues.

I've played thru the game on Easy and Normal difficulty modes and had zero freezing issues. The only problem I had was that one time it started audio glitching on me at the end of The African Mines.

I've read elsewhere on the internet about the game locking up when trying to access the Online Leaderboards for Wii U. I haven't tried this yet, but I have posted a screenshot from the game to Miiverse and, again, had no problems.

Apparently, the PS3 version isn't prone to crashing. Also, the last guy in this thread had some issues apparently.

Have you tried deleting/uninstalling it from your Wii U and redownloading it from the eShop???? Sucks you are having these issues with the game. Within the digital Manual of this game it has a Troubleshooting/Problems phone number. I seriously thought about contacting them about the audio problems I experienced...but never did. :O

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

Rensch

105. Posted:

I have found some weird bugs in the PC edition as well. For some reason only Microsoft's Xbox 360 controller, which also works with Windows, is compatible with this game.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

106. Posted:

@berzerker99: Its more of an annoyence then anything, and I have thought of deleting it and redownloading it but I want to finish it first so I dont lose everything.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

107. Posted:

Pinkie_Pikpik wrote:

The NoA website shows this as a disk game... with box art and everything.
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/aGL-VV112ROdO_KJUQe5_H7m...

Here it is....actual physical copies of DuckTales: Remastered ................wait for it................

Oh snap, it's not actual physical copies. Talk about a misleading title.....lol, it's just DuckTales: Remastered boxes with no actual disc but instead a download code for the game. lol

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
My name in a game!!!

AuthorMessage

Ryno

108. Posted:

bezerker99 wrote:

Pinkie_Pikpik wrote:

The NoA website shows this as a disk game... with box art and everything.
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/aGL-VV112ROdO_KJUQe5_H7m...

Here it is....actual physical copies of DuckTales: Remastered ................wait for it................

Oh snap, it's not actual physical copies. Talk about a misleading title.....lol, it's just DuckTales: Remastered boxes with no actual disc but instead a download code for the game. lol

I am going to check Gamestop on my way home for this. Nice collector's piece.

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

109. Posted:

Well finished it on easy tonight. Great game. I love the whole story. It reminded me alot of the tv series. The best 15 bucks I spent in a long time.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

110. Posted:

They did a good job remixing the music in this game. Here's my favorites.
The Moon

Transylvania

Mount Vesuvius

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

111. Posted:

I think the music for Mount Vesuvius is new for this games since the level is.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Ryno

112. Posted:

Remix nothing, DOWN, R, UP, L, Y, B, is what I am going to enter before I play this game!

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

113. Posted:

I should really get this game, the art looks absolutely astounding. Unfortunately I've bought quite a few other titles this month so I'll most likely have to hold out until the Holidays.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

114. Posted:

So is anyone who bought the digital version just as annoyed with Capcom now that that announced a physical version as I am?

I love it cause one thing Capcom said that digital is the way to go now when asked about the new Phoenix Wright game but now they totally pulled a 180 when it comes to Duck Tales Remastered.

If I knew that they were going to have a physical version of Duck Tales I would have held out but no no word or anything about a disc copy. This is why I dont like digital cause now I want the physical but I can't trade in my digital copy and will have to double dip if I want the disc. IMO Capcom should give a free disc copy to those who want a disc but who had to settle for the digital because they never said that it was going to be on disc.

My only silver lining of this thing is that maybe this will happen to the new Phoenix Wright and they will release it on a 3DS card as well a few months after the digital release.

Really classy there Capcom I keep giving you chances but I think I am done with you now.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

115. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

So is anyone who bought the digital version just as annoyed with Capcom now that that announced a physical version as I am?

I love it cause one thing Capcom said that digital is the way to go now when asked about the new Phoenix Wright game but now they totally pulled a 180 when it comes to Duck Tales Remastered.

If I knew that they were going to have a physical version of Duck Tales I would have held out but no no word or anything about a disc copy. This is why I dont like digital cause now I want the physical but I can't trade in my digital copy and will have to double dip if I want the disc. IMO Capcom should give a free disc copy to those who want a disc but who had to settle for the digital because they never said that it was going to be on disc.

My only silver lining of this thing is that maybe this will happen to the new Phoenix Wright and they will release it on a 3DS card as well a few months after the digital release.

Really classy there Capcom I keep giving you chances but I think I am done with you now.

You make all valid points but I'm not too upset. I'm glad I was able to download it for cheaper and get to play it sooner. I don't download too many games (I buy physical retail whenever possible) but I probably should because my Digital Deluxe Promotion is pretty much going to waste. Thus DuckTales helped me out on that front.

My name in a game!!!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

116. Posted:

@bezerker99: I dont even worry about the Digital Deluxe Promotion really. Heck besides Duck Tales the only games that I got digitally are VC games. I wont buy a game like say Monster Hunter Ultimate that I can get on disc. The only reason I bought Duck Tales digital is cause there was no advertising or anything saying that a disc version would come out and than Capcom's speech on why the wont bring the Phoenix Wright game to 3DS card in NA.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Ryno

117. Posted:

Yeah, I hardly ever download games right away unless the preorder bonus is something like a free copy of the Genesis version of_Castle of Illusion_ for your PS3. I mostly wait for sales but occasionally find out they are going to do something cool like this..

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

118. Posted:

I downloaded the game on Saturday but I still don't feel like they "tricked" me or anything. If disc versions were that important then why would I ever download any games? Downloading some games, even when that is the only way to get them, shows companies you are willing to download all your games which is causing a lot of companies to turn to digital downloads more often than not. Companies are going digital because the same game sells better digitally but because they have seen people are willing to go digital for games they want.

I know I am going to get a lot of people upset at me from what I said but I feel it needed to be said.

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

Ryno

119. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

I downloaded the game on Saturday but I still don't feel like they "tricked" me or anything. If disc versions were that important then why would I ever download any games? Downloading some games, even when that is the only way to get them, shows companies you are willing to download all your games which is causing a lot of companies to turn to digital downloads more often than not. Companies are going digital because the same game sells better digitally but because they have seen people are willing to go digital for games they want.

I know I am going to get a lot of people upset at me from what I said but I feel it needed to be said.

I don't see why anyone would get upset with what you said here. I'm not trying to be rude by saying this and maybe I ma just misunderstanding something but I don't really see the point you are trying to make here?

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

120. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I don't see why anyone would get upset with what you said here. I'm not trying to be rude by saying this and maybe I ma just misunderstanding something but I don't really see the point you are trying to make here?

I thought people were going to get upset because A) I don't care if Capcom goes only digital like a lot of people seem to hate and B) I basically said if you ever bought a game digitally you are part of the reason why companies see so much money in going digital instead of releasing Boxed versions.
So, basically, my point is that if you really want to show companies you aren't willing to go digital you have to stop buying any digital games, even if they are only released digitally. If enough people do that then companies will see that going digital means they will lose you as a customer, the hard part is getting enough people to do that to make a difference.

Edited on by DefHalan

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan