April: Zelda Skyward Sword
May: Endless Ocean, Fortune Street
June: Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario
July: Nothing
August: Wii Play Motion, DKC Returns
Sept: Mario Sports Mix, Kirby's Epic Yarn
Oct: Pandora's Tower, Sonic Colors
Nov: Link's Crossbow Training
Dec: Metroid Other M, Wii Music (both released right before Christmas! That's what people want for Christmas right? )

my guesses for February at least, and this is hoping they keep the weekly pace tho knowing Nintendo... eh here goes xD
week 1.Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword since majora's mask is releasing and hyrule warriors is getting dlc i can see one of these games comming out, and i can be completely wrong
week 2. A Kirby game
week 3: sin and punishment star successor
week 4: DKC: R w/ VC trilogy! * HA! highly douptful*

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

DefHalan

IceClimbers wrote:

I wonder how much 3rd parties will get on board with this. My guess would be that Sega is the first to jump on this.

Ghost Squad please

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

renaryuugufan92

DefHalan wrote:

^ I still think that is a little optimistic but I kinda expect them to not release anything lol. It makes each release feel special lol

Its also one of their major problems
lets promise lots of features (the concept of the virtual console in general, the promise 2 years ago of n64 and ds titles on wii u/ snes & gba titles on 3ds), have a decent start, and release next to nothing over the period of a few months to a year. they need to fix this, sure its just re-issuing of old games but its also one of Nintendo's major aces! Nintendo has a larger library of classic titles than Sony or Microsoft and yet they don't capitalize on that. So, if these weekly Wii re-releases quickly dwindle down to nothing after this month, a title here and there then its really going to be.. and mind my blatant honesty pathetic

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Gerald

Perhaps releasing Digital Wii games is just to cover the Wii U game drought, and has nothing to do with a VC revival (would explain why N64 and GC have been stepped over). Digital Wii releases may dry up when there are lots of Wii U releases

NNID: Ootfan98
3DS FC: 3909 - 7501 - 9000

Octane

Ootfan98 wrote:

Perhaps releasing Digital Wii games is just to cover the Wii U game drought, and has nothing to do with a VC revival (would explain why N64 and GC have been stepped over). Digital Wii releases may dry up when there are lots of Wii U releases

What drought? Captain Toad, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Mario Party 10, Mario vs Donkey Kong, Mario Maker, Splatoon, Yoshi's Woolly World? Even Project Giant Robot is scheduled to release before E3. I'd say this is arguably the year the with the strongest first party support any Nintendo console has ever had. If this is a drought, then the entire Nintendo history has been a drought.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Grumblevolcano

Octane wrote:

Ootfan98 wrote:

What drought? Captain Toad, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Mario Party 10, Mario vs Donkey Kong, Mario Maker, Splatoon, Yoshi's Woolly World? Even Project Giant Robot is scheduled to release before E3. I'd say this is arguably the year the with the strongest first party support any Nintendo console has ever had. If this is a drought, then the entire Nintendo history has been a drought.

We have plenty of announced games but virtually no release dates. For all we know Yoshi and Mario Maker could be June, Kirby isn't out until 2nd half of 2015 in Europe. There you go, a game drought exists (Early January-Late May if you don't like Mario Party, assuming Splatoon is in the Mario Kart 8 slot).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Gerald

Octane wrote:

Ootfan98 wrote:

Ok, drought may have been the wrong word to use. Substitute "Wii U drought" for "between Wii U releases". Game drought was not my point. The point I was raising is that there may not be a steady stream of Wii digital releases. Out or curiosity, after Captain Toad, when is the next game release?

jariw

Ootfan98 wrote:

Out or curiosity, after Captain Toad, when is the next game release?

Next Nintendo-released game is today if you have a Japanese Wii U (Kirby and the Rainbow Curse). Feb 20th if you're in NoA territory (Kirby and the Rainbow Curse). March 20th if you're in NoE territory (Mario Party 10 + Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars). That's the current schedule at least.

jariw

Gerald

jariw wrote:

Ootfan98 wrote:

Out or curiosity, after Captain Toad, when is the next game release?

Next Nintendo-released game is today if you have a Japanese Wii U (Kirby and the Rainbow Curse). Feb 20th if you're in NoA territory (Kirby and the Rainbow Curse). March 20th if you're in NoE territory (Mario Party 10 + Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars). That's the current schedule at least.

Thanks jariw. I am in EU, but not an Issue, I have loads of games not even started yet. Back on topic, I do hope the Wii digital downloads continue, but I would like to see N64 & GC

Octane

Ootfan98 wrote:

Octane wrote:

Ootfan98 wrote:

Ok, drought may have been the wrong word to use. Substitute "Wii U drought" for "between Wii U releases". Game drought was not my point. The point I was raising is that there may not be a steady stream of Wii digital releases. Out or curiosity, after Captain Toad, when is the next game release?

Fair enough. I too doubt that they're going to keep the momentum of 3 games every month. I think it's just to start the Wii VC, after some releases it'll probably settle down to one or two games in between the Wii U releases.

Octane

Sean_Aaron

I also wouldn't expect a lot more Wii titles beyond what's been announced - at least not with the rapid clip some hope for - look at how long they're taking to re-release NES and SNES stuff or the GBA games (though there's a decent number).

I have to think Zelda will be in there and I cannot see why they wouldn't release both; Metroid Other M also seems like one they'd do and the Pikmin games (unless they plan an HD remake).

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

jariw

Sean_Aaron wrote:

I also wouldn't expect a lot more Wii titles beyond what's been announced - at least not with the rapid clip some hope for - look at how long they're taking to re-release NES and SNES stuff or the GBA games (though there's a decent number).

There's a huge difference between running games through an emulator and executing ISO images through the existing hardware mode.

jariw

renaryuugufan92

I decided to go back and retrieve the size of certain Wii games so that we have them for reference, reading off what they are now~

Punch-Out!! - 3.8GB
DKC:R - 3.33GB
MKWii - 2.58GB
Prime Trilogy - 7.44GB
New SMBWii - 0.34GB
RE4: Wii Edition - 3.97GB
Mario All-Stars 20th ann disc - 0.02GB
Super Mario Galaxy - 3.27GB yes its bigger than Galaxy 2 which is 1.3GB
Brawl - 6.93GB
Skyward Sword - 3.93GB
Twilight Princess - 1.07GB

Hope this list becomes useful eventually~

Yoshi

Wow, I never knew NSMBW was so small. Makes sense, but it's a little surprising.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

LaserdiscGal

Hey does anyone know if Punch-Out! has Gamepad support?

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

DefHalan

Pokefraker wrote:

Does it support the Classic Controller?

DefHalan

DefHalan wrote:

Pokefraker wrote:

From what I see here http://punchout.nintendo.com/
It does not support Classic Controller so it will not support the GamePad

LaserdiscGal

DefHalan wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Pokefraker wrote:

Then I'll just stick with my Physical Copy...atleast Prime will have support

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

DefHalan

Pokefraker wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Pokefraker wrote:

But it won't

Grumblevolcano

Pokefraker wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Pokefraker wrote:

You're actually wrong, Metroid Prime Trilogy is Wii Remote + Nunchuk only.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.