Forums

Topic: Downloadable Wii Games

Posts 121 to 140 of 188

DefHalan

renaryuugufan92 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I don't think an HD Twilight Princess is going to happen. I remember reading an article about Wind Waker HD and how they took all the 3D Zeldas and compared how HD affected them and WW got the most improvement. I think they would pick something with a similar art style that would also gain a lot from HD and I think Dkyward Sword would be more likely. I do hope both come to VC

I imagine they both will be released on the eshop both ocarina of time & majora's mask made it to the Wii's VC and still got remade so by past logic a eshop release of TP is going to happen even if it eventually got remade XD. Also lets not forget remakes seem to go hand in hand with new Zelda games as of late, (2011 OOT3D to Skyward Sword - 2013: WWHD to ALBW - 2015: MM3D To Zelda U) so going by that logic we may not see another zelda remake until the next big game which may not even be on the wii u or 3ds for that matter. So, in the end its safe for Nintendo to put TP and SS on the eshop as is.

I was mainly directing this at a Wii U remake. Future consoles are always fair game.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Octane

Sean_Aaron wrote:

I can see that - after all the Wii version was arguably just a Gamecube port.

It was released on the Wii first, how is that a GameCube port? Because it was originally developed for the GameCube? I guess that makes Kirby's Return to Dreamland just a GameCube port as well; and Pikmin 3 just a Wii port...

Octane

Yoshi

Octane wrote:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

It was released on the Wii first, how is that a GameCube port? Because it was originally developed for the GameCube? I guess that makes Kirby's Return to Dreamland just a GameCube port as well; and Pikmin 3 just a Wii port...

Because it also released on Gamecube, not because it was originally developed for it. The Wii version doesn't even have any enhancements over the Gamecube, save for the faux widescreen display. It's a port.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Yoshi

Actually, the Gamecube version supported 480p if you had a component cable. So that's one less exclusive feature to mark off the list for the Wii version.

EDIT: And the post I was responding to got deleted, so this is no longer relevant.

Edited on by Yoshi

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

WebHead

Pikmin 2 hopefully becomes available as well

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

renaryuugufan92

WebHead wrote:

Pikmin 2 hopefully becomes available as well

Hopefully both NPC version of Pikmin 1 and 2 become available, I sold my copy of Pikmin 1 way back before the Wii came out and never picked it up again, even when the NPC version was released.

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

Yoshi

Octane wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Octane wrote:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

Because it also released on Gamecube, not because it was originally developed for it. The Wii version doesn't even have any enhancements over the Gamecube, save for the faux widescreen display. It's a port.

By that logic it is a GameCube port, as it was released on the Wii first, and ported to the GameCube later.

Fine.

The Wii version is a port because it was originally developed for the GameCube, and also released on the Gamecube, and the Wii version has no enhancements over the Gamecube version except for the tacked on motion controls, in which the game was not originally designed for, and 16:9 display. All other features, including progressive scan, were in the GameCube version as well.

EDIT: Uh...what? The post I quoted is gone now. What's going on?

Edited on by Yoshi

Now playing:

unrandomsam

Twilight Princess is better on the Gamecube.

As far as I remember it was ready on the Gamecube first but deliberately delayed for commercial reasons.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

renaryuugufan92

unrandomsam wrote:

As far as I remember it was ready on the Gamecube first but deliberately delayed for commercial reasons.

You are right, at the time it was delayed to promote the Wii version and the console.

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

Octane

brewsky wrote:

The Wii version is a port because it was originally developed for the GameCube, and also released on the Gamecube, and the Wii version has no enhancements over the Gamecube version except for the tacked on motion controls, in which the game was not originally designed for, and 16:9 display. All other features, including progressive scan, were in the GameCube version as well.

EDIT: Uh...what? The post I quoted is gone now. What's going on?

After posting it, I didn't really feel like discussing this further, because it's a pointless discussion, and it probably ends nowhere, hence I deleted the post. My original response was just a mere critique at the words ''just a Gamecube port'', as if that somehow made the game inferior.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Yoshi

Ah, I see. I thought there was a glitch because I responded to a post on the previous page that also was deleted after I posted.

Now playing:

Sean_Aaron

Octane wrote:

After posting it, I didn't really feel like discussing this further, because it's a pointless discussion, and it probably ends nowhere, hence I deleted the post. My original response was just a mere critique at the words ''just a Gamecube port'', as if that somehow made the game inferior.

That wasn't my intent, I was referring more to what others have noted. It's the first Zelda game I ever played (though to be honest I originally bought it only to hack my Wii) and I also think the motion control implementation was better than Skyward Sword as someone else expressed. I recently purchased it second hand again, so I expect it will get a VC release soon .

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Pkmns

unrandomsam wrote:

Definitely. It's a shame pretty much everybody only played it on Wii.

Pkmns

Gerald

Pkmns wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

What makes the GameCube version better?

NNID: Ootfan98
3DS FC: 3909 - 7501 - 9000

Pkmns

Ootfan98 wrote:

Pkmns wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

What makes the GameCube version better?

The controls are much tighter (it was clearly made for the GCN controller), you can simultaneously assign three items to X, Y, Z, everything isn't pointlessly mirrored and you can hold B while running to prepare a slash, which doesn't make much sense but sure feels epic.

Ok, maybe this kind of differences is only apparent to fans, but the GCN version is better nonetheless.

Pkmns

jump

dionysist wrote:

I stumbled upon a few Wii d/l titles for Wii U on the Nintendo Website, Includes:

-Pandora's Tower
-Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Skies
-Punch-OUT!!
-Kirby's Adventure Wii

Link to Screen Here: https://twitter.com/diologgs/status/557560982105755648/photo/1

These are looking like a great, great start!!

They were already comfirmed during the direct.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

dionysist

They were already confirmed during the direct.

Ohh didn't realise, sorry about that!

Edit: I looked over the Direct just now and nothing else was actually confirmed. Mr. Iwata just said that they are planning on releasing more titles in this format in the near future.

Did they issue a press release afterwards because I only saw these titles on their website earlier this afternoon...

Edited on by dionysist

dionysist

Twitter:

RedDevilAde

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

I'm inclined to get Metroid Prime: Trilogy again, but it would be nice if you could transfer save data from Wii Mode into the games.

I think you will be able to. SMG2's save data transferred across.

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

Blast

dionysist wrote:

I stumbled upon a few Wii d/l titles for Wii U on the Nintendo Website, Includes:

-Pandora's Tower
-Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Skies
-Punch-OUT!!
-Kirby's Adventure Wii

Link to Screen Here: https://twitter.com/diologgs/status/557560982105755648/photo/1

These are looking like a great, great start!!

Ohhh yeah!!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.