Forums

Topic: Wii U Virtual Console games missing between regions

Posts 581 to 596 of 596

Grumblevolcano

Though it seems very unlikely at this point, I still hope that around the time of Nintendo's last Wii U content (BotW DLC Pack 2) they release Super Smash Bros. as kind of a final sendoff. Of course the last 3rd party Wii U content is the upcoming Shovel Knight King of Cards.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Atariboy

Lords of Thunder was released today for North America. This is our first CD game for the TurboGrafx-16. And Europe gets Digital Champ: Battle Boxing.

Edited on by Atariboy

Atariboy

Atariboy

Nothing for Europe today, but North America gets Break In and and Salamander (Life Force). Salamander is new to the North American Virtual Console, having never appeared on the Wii VC.

And NOA briefly had a product page up for Bomberman Panic Bomber, which will be our second CD release on the Wii U when it presumably arrives here soon.

Edited on by Atariboy

Atariboy

Atariboy

Bomberman Panic Bomber this week for North America, which is our second CD release and another new to Wii U release (Wasn't previously available on the North American Wii Virtual Console). Nothing for Europe.

Edited on by Atariboy

Atariboy

Atariboy

Battle Lode Runner (CD) and Bomberman '93 tomorrow for North America. Europe gets Break In and Power Golf.

Edited on by Atariboy

Atariboy

Atariboy

Europe gets Bomberman Panic Bomber and Salamander this week.

Edited on by Atariboy

Atariboy

ogo79

its over now. nintendo made a switch

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Atariboy

Europe gets Battle Lode Runner, Bomberman '93, and Lords of Thunder today. That brings them equal to us for TurboGrafx-16 releases.

Edited on by Atariboy

Atariboy

Atariboy

Just as it was appearing to be truly finished, the Virtual Console reawakened today. North American gamers get Battle Chopper (aka "Mr. Heli") and Necromancer while European fans get both of those along with Image Fight and Image Fight II (CD).

All are TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine releases and all are Japanese exclusives making their Virtual Console debut in the West. Necromancer is a Japanese exclusive RPG for the PC Engine and hasn't been translated into English, so approach with caution.

All are releases that the Wii U previously received in Japan. The west is now within a dozen games of equaling the Japanese Virtual Console lineup, with no further additions having happened in Japan since last April.

Edited on by Atariboy

Atariboy

Atariboy

North America gets Image Fight I & II today, bringing us equal to Europe for TG16 releases and presumably wrapping up the Wii U Virtual Console's lineup.

Virtual Console Releases Missing in North America: (1 NES; 3 SNES; 2 Wii)
-Devil World (NES)
-Mario's Super Picross (SNES)
-New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii)
-Pop'n TwinBee (SNES)
-Pop'n TwinBee: Rainbow Bell Adventures (SNES)
-Project Zero 2/Fatal Frame 2: Wii Edition (Wii)

Virtual Console Releases Missing in Europe: (6 NES; 5 SNES; 3 GBA; 4 Wii)
-Baseball Simulator 1.000 (NES)
-Bases Loaded (NES)
-Car Battler Joe (GBA)
-City Connection (NES)
-Excitebots: Trick Racing (Wii)
-Genghis Khan II: Clan of the Gray Wolf (SNES)
-Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town (GBA)
-Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town (GBA)
-Mario Super Sluggers (Wii)
-Metal Marines (SNES)
-Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (Wii)
-Rival Turf! (SNES)
-Sky Kid (NES)
-Stinger (NES)
-Super E.D.F.: Earth Defense Force (SNES)
-The Ignition Factor (SNES)
-Trauma Team (Wii)
-Vs. Excitebike (NES)

12 PC Engine releases that the Japanese Wii U VC received never made it to our shores, which I've listed below.

-Ai Cho Aniki
-Cho Aniki
-Dragon Egg!
-Gai Flame
-Gaia no Monshō
-Hisou Kihei X-Serd
-Kaizō Chōjin Shubibinman
-Kaizō Chōjin Shubibinman 3
-Langrisser
-Moto Roader II
-Moto Roader MC
-Wallaby!! Usagi no Kuni no Kangaroo Race

Edited on by Atariboy

Atariboy

neyoung8

It is a shame excite bots and trauma team will never make it to Europe

neyoung8

Atariboy

I know how you feel. I was hoping to see Fatal Frame 2: Wii Edition hit the North American eShop.

Atariboy

Darknyht

@Atariboy Wii U Virtual Console in Japan also received all the Final Fantasy games, which means we are missing FF (NES), FF2 (SNES), FF3 (SNES), FF:Mystic Quest (SNES), FF I & II (GBA), FF IV (GBA), FF V (GBA), and FF VI (GBA). Those all especially stung as was looking forward to having the GBA versions of I, II and V and the SNES versions of IV and VI. This is also ignoring all the Square RPGs that never actually made it overseas that was on the console.

About the only thing that makes sense is people in North America were silly enough to pay inflated iOS prices so Square refused to release them at VC prices.

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht | Twitter:

Atariboy

Darknyht wrote:

@Atariboy Wii U Virtual Console in Japan also received all the Final Fantasy games, which means we are missing FF (NES), FF2 (SNES), FF3 (SNES), FF:Mystic Quest (SNES), FF I & II (GBA), FF IV (GBA), FF V (GBA), and FF VI (GBA).

Other than posting once or twice what was left on the PC Engine since every western TurboGrafx-16 release was something that Japan had already received earlier in the life of the Wii U (For instance there was never any hope for Rondo of Blood on the Wii U VC once Japanese releases ceased, since Japan never got it), I only ever was out to compare the European and North American Virtual Console selections.

Including Japan in such a comparison on the Wii U would've been a much more involved list. And while surprises popped up here and there like an untranslated PC Engine rpg that made it to North America/Europe, an awful lot of those games that didn't leave Japanese shores weren't ever likely candidates for western releases.

So their inclusion wouldn't of been particularly useful outside of something like your examples, which were prime candidates for western releases and were games one could've realistically hoped for domestic releases of at one point.

North America and Europe though have always had a similar Virtual Console selection and when one region received something that the other didn't, it was often a clue what was coming up soon in the other region. So there was some value there in tracking and comparing the two.

Edited on by Atariboy

Atariboy

KingMike

Are you speaking specifically of PCE on Japanese 3DS?
They only got four games. I believe it was Alien Crush, The Kung Fu (China Warrior), one I'm forgetting (maybe it was Gradius?), and R-Type US version.
The only games for other consoles I can say were Japanese exclusives on Wii U is "a lot of Square-Enix games", I think probably almost if not all the same NES/SNES games as Wii but also the entire lot of GBA FF ports as well as Estpolis Gaiden (the GBA Lufia).

KingMike

Atariboy

No, I meant that my only deviation from comparing what Europe and North America had gotten, was in also posting what Japan had received for PC Engine releases on their own Wii U Virtual Console a few times. This was because every last TurboGrafx-16 release that North America and Europe's Wii U VC received had appeared earlier in Japan for the Wii U.

Thus by showing what were currently exclusive to Japan for PC Engine releases, it gave us a glimpse of what could potentially be in the pipeline for ourselves while also discouraging us from getting our hopes up for releases like Rondo of Blood that hadn't previously appeared for the Wii U in Japan.

That stayed true until the very end. The west never got a TG16 release for the Wii U that Japan hadn't earlier received for their own Wii U VC. Sadly though, western TG16 releases dried up 12 games short of the finish line, although I'm unaware of anyone clamoring to download these Japanese exclusive PC Engine titles to their Wii U.

-Ai Cho Aniki
-Cho Aniki
-Dragon Egg!
-Gai Flame
-Gaia no Monshō
-Hisou Kihei X-Serd
-Kaizō Chōjin Shubibinman
-Kaizō Chōjin Shubibinman 3
-Langrisser
-Moto Roader II
-Moto Roader MC
-Wallaby!! Usagi no Kuni no Kangaroo Race