Forums

Topic: Super Metroid

Posts 21 to 40 of 200

pixelman

I do think the controls and physics could've used an upgrade. They feel a bit clunky after playing Fusion. I agree that the GBA games have no soul though.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

I wouldn't say that necessarily. Fusion and Zero Mission were at least trying to be awesome interesting games in the series. It isn't like, I dunno, NSMB, lesser games in annual series like CoD etc. where no creative spark or anything beyond moneys seemingly had that much relevance in the process of making the game. Fusion's biggest crime was somewhat missing the point of what makes Metroid cool (which Other M completely overshadowed in that regard, regardless of anyone's opinion of it good or bad) and Zero Mission being hilariously easy.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

SCRAPPER392

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Um the graphic and controllability are kinda the same quality I think?

Also implying that Metroid Fusion has the better audio...haha ok sure.

It was made 7 years after Super Metroid, so it technically does have better presentation by default, because of technological advancements. Are you guys saying Metroid Prime has the same graphics as Metroid Fusion?

Qwest

Nintendo Network ID: Children

kkslider5552000

anyway about Super Metroid. I've only played through it twice and not 100%, which will I assume make the speed runners burst into flames from the impossibility of my existence. I do need to play it more though seriously. It's a brilliant game that deserves all the respect it gets.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Ryno

Good thing I have a fire extinguisher nearby,

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

SCRAPPER392

I beat it fast enough to see Samus without her suit, and 100%ed it, but not both in one playthrough.

Qwest

Nintendo Network ID: Children

Ryno

SCAR392 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Um the graphic and controllability are kinda the same quality I think?

Also implying that Metroid Fusion has the better audio...haha ok sure.

It was made 7 years after Super Metroid, so it technically does have better presentation by default, because of technological advancements. Are you guys saying Metroid Prime has the same graphics as Metroid Fusion?

I don't know who is talking about Prime in this thread, seems like Prime gets brought up everywhere around here though. Anyway, your reasoning is Fusion has a better a "presentation" because it was made later? It seems you really underestimated what the SNES was able to do.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

SCRAPPER392

Ryno_Choryzo wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Um the graphic and controllability are kinda the same quality I think?

Also implying that Metroid Fusion has the better audio...haha ok sure.

It was made 7 years after Super Metroid, so it technically does have better presentation by default, because of technological advancements. Are you guys saying Metroid Prime has the same graphics as Metroid Fusion?

I don't know who is talking about Prime in this thread, seems like Prime gets brought up everywhere around here though. Anyway, your reasoning is Fusion has a better a "presentation" because it was made later? It seems you really underestimated what the SNES was able to do.

Are you saying SNES could have had Metroid Fusion on it? It seems realistic, but they didn't do it, that's the difference. I'm not looking for arguments which seem to be happening lately...

Qwest

Nintendo Network ID: Children

Chrono_Cross

SCAR392 wrote:

Are you saying SNES could have had Metroid Fusion on it? It seems realistic, but they didn't do it, that's the difference. I'm not looking for arguments which seem to be happening lately...

It could have been, but it wasn't developed at the time so there was no possible way nor any reason to release it on the SNES.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Ryno

SCAR392 wrote:

[Are you saying SNES could have had Metroid Fusion on it? It seems realistic, but they didn't do it, that's the difference. I'm not looking for arguments which seem to be happening lately...

I feel that the SNES could probably handle Metroid Fusion very well. I don't remember anything from Fusion that I thought the SNES couldn't handle. The Fusion audio could definitely be improved. I like the Gameboy Advance but the audio is definitely its weakest point.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

DefHalan

Fusion is what got me into the series. Zero Mission I felt was extremely enjoyable but Fusion will always have a special place in my heart.

http://www.twitch.tv/defhalan

Krystal for SMASH!!!!
Shantae for SMASH!!!
Nintendo will release a Micro-Console as a companion device to the NX and next Handheld Console. (looks like I was wrong if this latest rumor is true)

Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

IanNoog

I'm very excited for this, as I've never played it!

Looking for some 3DS and Wii U friends. PM me if interested!

Nintendo Network ID: IanNoog | Twitter:

luisesteban

The music in Maridia has been always one of my favorites in all video games music

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WxobPQMNY_w?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

luisesteban

Void

Ryno_Choryzo wrote:

But Metroid games are like pizza, even when they are bad, they are still pretty darn good.

I envy you, having never eaten a bad pizza, which you certainly wouldn't finish a slice of, because I have.

I'm excited to play this when they put it on the Wii U VC, as it will be my first time doing so.

Edited on by Void

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

Mreow

Really wish i could play Super Metroid for the first time again. One of the best games of all time. Gameplay is rock solid, and the atmosphere is top notch.

Mreow

OptometristLime

SCAR392 wrote:

It was made 7 years after Super Metroid, so it technically does have better presentation by default, because of technological advancements. Are you guys saying Metroid Prime has the same graphics as Metroid Fusion?

This thread is weird.

Void wrote:

Ryno_Choryzo wrote:

But Metroid games are like pizza, even when they are bad, they are still pretty darn good.

I envy you, having never eaten a bad pizza, which you certainly wouldn't finish a slice of, because I have.

^ this sentence is weird. I'm not sure whether to laugh or facepalm... possibly quote?

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

romulux

Tasuki wrote:

I tried this game back in the days of SNES and I just didnt enjoy it at all. Of course that was my first time playing a Metroid game. Looking forward to given this game another chance.

Wrong. This game will give you another chance, my friend.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Big_L91

romulux wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

I tried this game back in the days of SNES and I just didnt enjoy it at all. Of course that was my first time playing a Metroid game. Looking forward to given this game another chance.

Wrong. This game will give you another chance, my friend.

yeah the very first time i played i didnt understand the hype, thought it controlled terribly and basicly didnt get the point of the game, but give it a bit of time and before you know it......
WOWZA!

put it on.

cbkummer

moomoo wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Quite possibly the best SNES game ever made.

I'd go a step further and say it's possibly the best game ever, period. It's that good.

Hear hear. This is my favorite game of all time. It's just . . . perfect.

cbkummer

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic