Wii U Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Super Metroid

Showing 141 to 160 of 200

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

141. Posted:

3 hours in and I find out L/R aim diagonally. Oh deary me.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

142. Posted:

Phatosaurus wrote:

3 hours in and I find out L/R aim diagonally. Oh deary me.

haha. It's alright. Many people (including myself when I first played it) don't realize there is a dash button.
I use those diagonal aims a lot

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

143. Posted:

I don't know but I find it easier just to press between up and right than R.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Rincewind77

144. Posted:

Hi everyone,

I'm also playing Super Metroid on the Wii U and I try to get that reserve tank in the wrecked ship. But it's impossible for me :-(

I charge the super jump, go to the very right, sit down and press jump. But then I just blocked by something invisible and falling down again... Feels like a bug in the software...

Anyone got this reserve tank and has a hint for me?

Thanks!

Rincewind77

AuthorMessage

Gregor

145. Posted:

I got it. Try using your X-ray scope. Also I remember there being two entrancese to that room.

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool, just like bowties.

3DS Friend code:
2664 - 3151 - 1828
Multiplayer centric games I own:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kid Icarus Uprising

AuthorMessage

Ryno

146. Posted:

Rincewind77 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm also playing Super Metroid on the Wii U and I try to get that reserve tank in the wrecked ship. But it's impossible for me :-(
I charge the super jump, go to the very right, sit down and press jump. But then I just blocked by something invisible and falling down again... Feels like a bug in the software...
Thanks!

After you hit the ceiling do you press left?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

147. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Ugh still practicing on the wall jump thing what a total p.i.t.a. if you ask me. I hope I dont have to use it too much.

With that said I downed my third boss the ghost thing in the wrecked ship (sorry I dont know their names beyond Kraid and Ridley) and now I have the Gravity suit. XD Also got one more reserve tank. I know I am not going to get a good time this time around but I am enjoying it neverless.

I hate the wall jump in this game.

Fortunately I think there's only one place where you NEED to use it. There are lots of places that make things easier (or allow a sequence break) but I think you only need it once, as soon as you "learn" it. Anything after that you can just wait for the Space Jump or whatever it is.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

Panduh

148. Posted:

Rincewind77 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Same thing happened to me. I think it is a glitch. But i needed the reserve tank so I actually restarted from the last save station and it worked fine after that.

Currently Playing: Pikmin 3 and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Recently Beat: Wind Waker HD, Mario 3D World, and A Link between Worlds

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3590-1909 | Nintendo Network ID: androidcall

AuthorMessage

RR529

149. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Ugh still practicing on the wall jump thing what a total p.i.t.a. if you ask me. I hope I dont have to use it too much.

With that said I downed my third boss the ghost thing in the wrecked ship (sorry I dont know their names beyond Kraid and Ridley) and now I have the Gravity suit. XD Also got one more reserve tank. I know I am not going to get a good time this time around but I am enjoying it neverless.

Wait, I thought Phantoon was the fifth boss?

1. False Chozo Statue
2. Spore Spawn
3. Kraid
4. Crocomire
5. Phantoon

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

150. Posted:

Thank you for reminding me Crocomire is before Phantoon, I always try to reverse that and waste my time.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

151. Posted:

Rincewind77 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

If its the one I think that you are talking about you are doing it right but you have to watch out for a hidden hole in the floor which will drop you down. Just jump over the spot in the floor and onto the reserve tank to get it.

Philip_J_Reed wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Fortunately I think there's only one place where you NEED to use it. There are lots of places that make things easier (or allow a sequence break) but I think you only need it once, as soon as you "learn" it. Anything after that you can just wait for the Space Jump or whatever it is.

Well thats good to know. I dont know what the devs were thinking makeing the wall jump that way so freakin annoying. I am not asking for something like Ryu Hyabusa from the original Ninja Gaiden on NES but they could have at least gave me something like Mega Man's in Mega Man X.

RR529 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

1. False Chozo Statue
2. Spore Spawn
3. Kraid
4. Crocomire
5. Phantoon

I dont count the Chozo statute or the Spore Spawn as a boss, they are more like mid bosses to me but I guess I could say the same thing about Crocomire.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Ryno

152. Posted:

Philip_J_Reed wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Well thats good to know. I dont know what the devs were thinking makeing the wall jump that way so freakin annoying. I am not asking for something like Ryu Hyabusa from the original Ninja Gaiden on NES but they could have at least gave me something like Mega Man's in Mega Man X.

What is so hard about the wall jump??? Spin jump onto a wall, press away from the wall, see Samus get into position, then press jump.

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

153. Posted:

@Ryno: I honestly just dont know but I am having a heck of a time trying to pull it off. I probably have the timing off or I am just to slow or something.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Ryno

154. Posted:

@Tasuki: Well then either the QTE's of modern games have thrown off your timing or you are just getting old. :P

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

155. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

@Tasuki: Well then either the QTE's of modern games have thrown off your timing or you are just getting old. :P

Lol I thought you would say something like that. Yeah in my youth this would have been not been a problem guess I am getting old lol.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

miiandmario

156. Posted:

I've been playing it a lot however I'm stuck in Norfair.

Fan of the classics.
3DS FC: 2852-9290-8506
Always up for some Smash For 3ds Online! If I have a room up feel free to join!

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

157. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

1. False Chozo Statue
2. Spore Spawn
3. Kraid
4. Crocomire
5. Phantoon

The only main bosses are the ones that have statues in that room before Tourian: Kraid, Phantoon, Ridley and Draygon.
Then there are the minibosses: Bomb Torizo, Spore Spawn, Crocomire, Botwood and the Golden Torizo. The Torizos are the "fake chozo statues."

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

158. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

1. False Chozo Statue
2. Spore Spawn
3. Kraid
4. Crocomire
5. Phantoon

The only main bosses are the ones that have statues in that room before Tourian: Kraid, Phantoon, Ridley and Draygon.
Then there are the minibosses: Bomb Torizo, Spore Spawn, Crocomire, Botwood and the Golden Torizo. The Torizos are the "fake chozo statues."

Yeah thats how I saw it too. You have the four main bosses and than mini bosses.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

skywake

159. Posted:

Got what seems like all of the games tools and was getting my butt kicked by Phantoon. So backtracked and tried dropping a Smart Bomb on the water tunnel thing because I saw it on MiiVerse. Last I was playing I was getting my butt kicked by sinking sand...... which is significantly more humiliating

Get 94 exits in Super Mario World working on just childhood memory (don't know what I missed but meh, 94 is alright). Then I play Super Metroid for the first time and repeatedly pat myself on the back for solving the puzzles. Get stuck in a section with sinking sand. Just fantastic.

Edited on by theblackdragon

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

brooks83

160. Posted:

Looking back, I don't think I ever did the wall jump. I beat the game too. Is that even possible? There were a few times I remember using bombs to bounce myself higher, but I really don't remember wall jumping at all...

brooks83