Wii U Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Super Metroid

Showing 121 to 140 of 200

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

121. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Just beat it. Great game overall, but some of the bosses stank. Now all I gotta do is go back for a few energy tanks.

I'll have to agree with you on the bosses.

The final boss was incredible, and Phantoon & Ridley were standouts, but other than that, the bosses didn't leave much of an impact.

I'm sure they were all mind blowing back in the day, but I believe Fusion has a better lineup of bosses overall, IMO.

Yeah I remember the first time I heard about Kraid in Nintendo Power and how his battle was going to be two screens tall. That was all my friends and I could talk about for days back than. And than the first time I saw in a commercial, OMG. However when I got up to him myself for the first time last night I wasnt at all that awed about it and just took him on like any other boss.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

122. Posted:

WOOOT!! Just beat Crocomire. Also I now have 3 energy tanks and a reserve tank XD. I feel like I am twelve again when I play this game lol.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

123. Posted:

@Tasuki: Glad you are finally able to discover how great Super Metroid truly is!

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

124. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

@Tasuki: Glad you are finally able to discover how great Super Metroid truly is!

I am kinda upset at myself for not giving it another try so many years ago. My god the years I have wasted lol.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bezerker99

125. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Ryno wrote:

@Tasuki: Glad you are finally able to discover how great Super Metroid truly is!

I am kinda upset at myself for not giving it another try so many years ago. My god the years I have wasted lol.

I'm also glad to see you liking the game. (It's amazing how well Super Metroid has aged).

Also, that's what is great about video games (or books or movies).....they are there for you to enjoy on YOUR time. It's like the old NBC Must-See TV promo...."if you haven't seen it, it's new to you!" ;)

Edited on by bezerker99

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

126. Posted:

Yeah that rings true here. The only downfall I am having with this game right now is that dang grapple beam. Having a hard time using it with the fact that you have to hold the button down whenever you grapple something and swing at the same time. Yeah going to have to practice with this.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

127. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Yeah that rings true here. The only downfall I am having with this game right now is that dang grapple beam. Having a hard time using it with the fact that you have to hold the button down whenever you grapple something and swing at the same time. Yeah going to have to practice with this.

I had lots of trouble with it as first as well. Are you pressing jump when you launch? I found that doing so makes it much more of a hassle.

Maridia is a real pain too, since there are rooms that require you to use it expertly just to advance.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

128. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Yeah that rings true here. The only downfall I am having with this game right now is that dang grapple beam. Having a hard time using it with the fact that you have to hold the button down whenever you grapple something and swing at the same time. Yeah going to have to practice with this.

I had lots of trouble with it as first as well. Are you pressing jump when you launch? I found that doing so makes it much more of a hassle.

Maridia is a real pain too, since there are rooms that require you to use it expertly just to advance.

Yeah when I get the swinging going I press the jump button when I am facing the direction I want to go. Isn't that what I am suppose to do or can I just release the beam?

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

129. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Yeah that rings true here. The only downfall I am having with this game right now is that dang grapple beam. Having a hard time using it with the fact that you have to hold the button down whenever you grapple something and swing at the same time. Yeah going to have to practice with this.

I had lots of trouble with it as first as well. Are you pressing jump when you launch? I found that doing so makes it much more of a hassle.

Maridia is a real pain too, since there are rooms that require you to use it expertly just to advance.

Yeah when I get the swinging going I press the jump button when I am facing the direction I want to go. Isn't that what I am suppose to do or can I just release the beam?

Just release the beam.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Whopper744

130. Posted:

Alright. Going to take on Mother Brain tonight. I only have 8 energy tanks though.....should that be a big problem? (also, I can hold about 125 missiles and 30 Super Missiles) Personally, I'd like to beat her now if at all possible instead of wandering back off to blindly look for more upgrades for another few days.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mk_II

131. Posted:

Holy Ridley, this game is deep and doesn't get any easier! Good thing you pick up some skills and handy upgrades along the way. I love it to bits even though im making very slow progress.

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

132. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Yeah that rings true here. The only downfall I am having with this game right now is that dang grapple beam. Having a hard time using it with the fact that you have to hold the button down whenever you grapple something and swing at the same time. Yeah going to have to practice with this.

I had lots of trouble with it as first as well. Are you pressing jump when you launch? I found that doing so makes it much more of a hassle.

Maridia is a real pain too, since there are rooms that require you to use it expertly just to advance.

Yeah when I get the swinging going I press the jump button when I am facing the direction I want to go. Isn't that what I am suppose to do or can I just release the beam?

Just release the beam.

Ah ok I thought I had to press the jump button as well. Thanks for the tip. I will try that out tonight when I play some.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

133. Posted:

Despite being my first time playing, I actually managed to find all E Tanks (and 3 of the 4 Reserve Tanks), which was a pleasant surprise!

I only had 155 missles, and 50 super missles, though.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Whopper744

134. Posted:

Beat it for the first time! What a game!
Made me want to play Other M for like, the fourth time though.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

135. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Despite being my first time playing, I actually managed to find all E Tanks (and 3 of the 4 Reserve Tanks), which was a pleasant surprise!

I only had 155 missles, and 50 super missles, though.

How many etanks are there I have 3 and 2 reserve tanks.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Taya

136. Posted:

I am loving this game!

So even though I've been playing video games since the 80s, I have never bothered with the Metroid series. I finally played Metroid 1 on the 3DS via the Ambassador program, and then I tried Metroid Fusion but didn't get very far.

I just returned to my ship after getting super bombs and I'm excited to see where I can go with all my new equipment. It's really frustrating when you get stuck, but it's so satisfying when you figure it out on your own.

And then I bought the Metroid Prime Trilogy so I have to look forward to.

Taya

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

137. Posted:

Ok got a few more etanks bring my total to five but now I am a bit stuck, so I am wondering if anyone can help.

I am in a room with 3 gremlins I guess thats what they are, that do a dance and than wall jump up the room. I cant figure out what to do here. I tried wall jumping like them but I cant. Am I missing something?

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

138. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Ok got a few more etanks bring my total to five but now I am a bit stuck, so I am wondering if anyone can help.

I am in a room with 3 gremlins I guess thats what they are, that do a dance and than wall jump up the room. I cant figure out what to do here. I tried wall jumping like them but I cant. Am I missing something?

You're not missing anything. Just do a somersault jump towards the wall, and for a split second when Samus comes in contact with the wall, she will look like she's getting ready to push off. During that split second animation, jump in the opposite direction.

This can take a bit to get used to, though.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Late

139. Posted:

Beat the game for the second time. (The first time was on Wii Virtual Console a year ago.) Took 3,5 hours with 66% items. I think I had 4 or 5 hours and 50% before so at least I did a bit better this time.

3DS FC: 3566-1647-7196
My Backloggery
My Pullblox puzzles
Be kind and feed my Pokémon :)

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1647-7196

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

140. Posted:

Ugh still practicing on the wall jump thing what a total p.i.t.a. if you ask me. I hope I dont have to use it too much.

With that said I downed my third boss the ghost thing in the wrecked ship (sorry I dont know their names beyond Kraid and Ridley) and now I have the Gravity suit. XD Also got one more reserve tank. I know I am not going to get a good time this time around but I am enjoying it neverless.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311