Forums

Topic: Super Mario Bros. 3

Posts 1 to 20 of 28

Sonicfan11589

Anyone else excited for this?

I THINK this is the next VC game to release on the eShop at least for the Wii U.From what i have noticed, soon to be (officially) announced VC games for the NEXT release on eShop appear on the Nintendo.com's web site on the list of games a few days before release.
http://www.nintendo.com/games/gameGuide?system=wii+u

I know the release date listed is "TBD" but i believe i have noticed some sort of pattern.

Sonicfan11589

Obito_Sigma

Most likely going to be on September 26. The first SMB is coming tomorrow, and Nintendo likes to tease everyone by saying stuff like "September 2013" when it's really the last possible day they could release that game without breaking the promise. That is the last Thursday of this month. It's a shame that it wasn't true when Flipnote 3D wasn't at least released on August 14 when they said "Early August."

Friend Safari: Butterfree, Venomoth, and Volbeat (if there are any Bug Catchers out there...?)
Looking For: Ditto, Magneton Friend Safaries (please contact me if you have any)

Super Smash Bros Mains:
Kirby, King Dedede, Mega Man

Nintendo Network ID: JonathanTennyson | Twitter:

SURubyFan

Obito_Tennyson wrote:

Most likely going to be on September 26. The first SMB is coming tomorrow, and Nintendo likes to tease everyone by saying stuff like "September 2013" when it's really the last possible day they could release that game without breaking the promise. That is the last Thursday of this month. It's a shame that it wasn't true when Flipnote 3D wasn't at least released on August 14 when they said "Early August."

September 26 also happens to be my birthday. Im so lucky!

Leggy is SO CUTE. I think Nooby is a better name for her, though. Did I mention I like Steven Universe?

I also play Smash Bros. 3DS on a daily basis.

Nintendo Network ID: MarioOtaku350

DefHalan

Rockman_Chan wrote:

Obito_Tennyson wrote:

Most likely going to be on September 26. The first SMB is coming tomorrow, and Nintendo likes to tease everyone by saying stuff like "September 2013" when it's really the last possible day they could release that game without breaking the promise. That is the last Thursday of this month. It's a shame that it wasn't true when Flipnote 3D wasn't at least released on August 14 when they said "Early August."

September 26 also happens to be my birthday. Im so lucky!

Day after mine, guess I am not as lucky as you lol jk

http://www.twitch.tv/defhalan

Krystal for SMASH!!!!
Shantae for SMASH!!!
Nintendo will release a Micro-Console as a companion device to the NX and next Handheld Console. (looks like I was wrong if this latest rumor is true)

Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

suburban_sensei

I hope it's tomorrow. I have been aching to play this game again after a few years of not playing it. It's my favorite NES game of all time, pretty much! I will probably get $20 in Nintendo Points and get a Super Nintendo game too, just can't decide on which one!

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby Triple Deluxe / Prof. Layton vs. Pheonix (3DS)
Far Cry 4 / GTA V (PS4)

alLabouTandroiD

While i hope we'll get the 60Hz version in Europe I would have loved a 3D Classic version of it on the 3DS.

no apple

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

Mainer82

I'd love to see it, but I've been playing in on my Wii U (Wii mode). New Super Mario Bros Wii came with the 25th anniversary bonus disc that has Super Mario All-Stars.

3DS Friend Code: 2836-1397-2314
Please add me if you're from Maine

SammyOfMobius

Why hasn't this come out yet? Why would they list a Virtual Console game on their games catalog on their website only to put it off for literally weeks? You never do that, Nintendo...

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

DefHalan

DefHalan wrote:

My guess is that it will come out Near Mario Party's release on 3DS VC, and near 3D World's release on Wii U VC

http://www.twitch.tv/defhalan

Krystal for SMASH!!!!
Shantae for SMASH!!!
Nintendo will release a Micro-Console as a companion device to the NX and next Handheld Console. (looks like I was wrong if this latest rumor is true)

Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SammyOfMobius

It would just be plain evil if Nintendo decided to release this game on December 26th. (Last Thursday of 2013.)

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

DefHalan

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

It would just be plain evil if Nintendo decided to release this game on December 26th. (Last Thursday of 2013.)

The day after Christmas? When kids have money? That sounds pretty smart to me

http://www.twitch.tv/defhalan

Krystal for SMASH!!!!
Shantae for SMASH!!!
Nintendo will release a Micro-Console as a companion device to the NX and next Handheld Console. (looks like I was wrong if this latest rumor is true)

Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Xyphon22

I honestly have no idea why so many people care about this so much. Yes, it is a great game and needs to be experienced, but how does anybody not have some way to play it already (I know a lot of people may not have a copy somewhere, but I assume they don't care that much to play it otherwise they would have already)? Is it really that important that you buy it for the fifth time just to be able to play it on the Gamepad?

Xyphon22

Ryno

Maybe next month shortly before the release of Super Mario 3D World

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

SammyOfMobius

Xyphon22 wrote:

I honestly have no idea why so many people care about this so much. Yes, it is a great game and needs to be experienced, but how does anybody not have some way to play it already (I know a lot of people may not have a copy somewhere, but I assume they don't care that much to play it otherwise they would have already)? Is it really that important that you buy it for the fifth time just to be able to play it on the Gamepad?

It's just a great game and I would like to have it on my 3DS. I already have it on 2 other systems, but it'd just be nice to have it out.

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

hcfwesker

Just like during the Wii VC, thjey relased games to coincide with their Wii counterpart. I think SMB3 released on VC as mario galaxy did. Same will happen here, SMB3 will most likely co-release with Mario 3D Worlds.

Lzeon

I certainly don't think any game on the VC warrants an overdramatic reaction of its...lack of existence? Anyway, while these games are great, they don't seem to be Nintendo's top priority.

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon Rank: S
Fates Castle ID: 15449-70849-36123-61987 (Revelation)
Smash characters: Yoshi, Shulk, and Corrin

My Sonyloggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Gso

Xyphon22 wrote:

I honestly have no idea why so many people care about this so much. Yes, it is a great game and needs to be experienced, but how does anybody not have some way to play it already (I know a lot of people may not have a copy somewhere, but I assume they don't care that much to play it otherwise they would have already)? Is it really that important that you buy it for the fifth time just to be able to play it on the Gamepad?

I own the original cart and the Wii Virtual Console version. So yes we already have it, but to me being able to play it off screen on the Gamepad is a nice option. Not for the full price, but for the upgrade price... yes!

Gso

Nintendo Network ID: gisotelog

Gso

The only reason why I may not upgrade is how blurry NES games look on the Wii U. But I hope they fix this.

Edited on by Gso

Gso

Nintendo Network ID: gisotelog

SammyOfMobius

Gso wrote:

The only reason why I may not upgrade is how blurry NES games look on the Wii U. But I hope they fix this.

How are they blurry?

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

Blue_Dread

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

Gso wrote:

The only reason why I may not upgrade is how blurry NES games look on the Wii U. But I hope they fix this.

How are they blurry?

You do realize that these games that were originally released for NES and remade for GBA have lower resolution than the NES version right? The 3DS virtual console brings back the delicious 240p of the original NES cartridge.

I like to play Nintendo games (for a living :P)
I support Wii U.
I love my brother.
I like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, and Donkey Kong.

Top

Sorry, this topic has been locked.