Forums

Topic: nintendo should charge more for vc games that are rare ("rare downloads")

Posts 341 to 360 of 374

KingMike

Nintendo should REALLY get Famicom Battletoads up on VC.
It's like... double rare.

KingMike

KingMike

So I guess Nintendo is still charging normal price for digital Ocarina of Time 3D?

Look at ebay sales and you can see. It seems to be January 14 was the day the price shot up. Because of some rumor Nintendo was pulling production on the game. I don't know if it's completely final (though the release of Majora's Mask could perhaps create more interest in the first game for those who hadn't already bought the game in the nearly four years it's been out) but I do know they stopped it at least once before. I can only guess maybe Nintendo thought they had enough supply out in retail (Nintendo is definitely a company that doesn't want to E.T. their products ), and they probably would if not for the ebay vultures. And I think that sort of artificial price inflation is sick.
Oddly enough it probably comes back to encouraging more digital sales (a win for Nintendo ).

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

rolLTheDice

I can't wait for Ninty on smart devices. With all these rare $1000+ microtransactions @ogo79's pile o' money will finally be so huge nobody will have any other chance than to swim in it too.

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

KingMike

With Iwata announcing amiibos will unlock VC demos, and the announcement of a Lucas amiibo...
yay maybe they'll give us Mother 3, or at least three minutes of it anyways.

RDP was going to give us full games, was it?

KingMike

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

RDP was going to give us full games, was it?

yes that is correct. the demos will be half full game price.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Bleep

I think that there should be a virtual Amiibo program too, to compliment this. Each one could be $20 each (to balance the prices of all of them out, especially with the rare ones obviously). With these virtual Amiibos, you'd be able to separate the amateur collectors from the real ones.

And with these virtual Amiibos, you'd need some virtual shelves. Head over to Ikea-tendo™ to buy some virtual shelves, all of which would reflect their actual prices (of course).

ogo79

Squid wrote:

@ogo79 When is the Little Samson amiibo coming out, I'm ready to spend all my life savings in one purchase

there needs to be more people like you. it helps stimulate the economy.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Bass_X0

DS games will cost £8.99 here. Thats charging more for rare downloads in my book. Even if some games are worth more, there are many that will be worth far less.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

KingMike

I heard last week Nintendo felt too many people got to play free EarthBound.
(aka Club Nintendo "sell out")

KingMike

RetroGameBros

This makes no sense to me, i enjoy collecting and having the cartridges/boxes and manuals. I have to pay more for this as they are no longer in print. The VC is a way for people who'll never find or pay the price required for the original cartridges(or even have room), the VC allows them to enjoy old classics.
I will probably never get earthbound, so when i had the chance to try it on the wii u i did.

If have chance take a look at my youtube channel, mainly nintendo console focused
https://www.youtube.com/retrogamebrosuk

Twitter:

Bass_X0

i enjoy collecting and having the cartridges/boxes and manuals.

]I'd rather play with games than with boxes. Games are more fun. I enjoy collecting digital games and filling up my folders on Wii U and 3DS. I like digital manuals for the GBA, DS and N64 games which are scans of the originals.

Edited on by Bass_X0

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

wizzgamer

Seriously only the hard copy Is rare not the download where there are infinite copies available vc games are a little over priced as it is. If you choose to pay more to have the hard copy to play on the original console then thats your choice but people should not have to pay extra to download it just because the cart is rare. Next you will be saying that critical acclaimed vc games should be more expensive than poorer ones nintendo is right to price them by console era.

Edited on by wizzgamer

wizzgamer

KingMike

Wasn't there a quote even in this thread Nintendo themselves said they could charge more for something like Super Mario Bros. 3 than like Urban Champion? But they didn't want to "hold gamers' nostalgia hostage."
Still on the 3DS VC, while the NES games are consistent, Game Boy and Game Gear games actually are priced individually.
Buying one of the acclaimed Mario or Sonic games is gonna run you a couple dollars more than like TumblePop or Dragon Crystal.

KingMike

KingMike

ogo, you've left out PSN as another avenue for the RDP.
Last year Suikoden II and just last week, Misadventures of Tron Bonne.

I would say contact Microsoft but I don't know of anything on Xbox consoles suitable except for Metal Wolf Chaos.

KingMike

Megas75

no

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

Bass_X0

Earthbound Beginnings cost me the same as a GBA game. Is that good enough for you?

KingMike

Technically the game cost me twice as much as a (physical) GBA game because the "Value Selection" version was the first GBA import I ever bought (though right after it was released so I got it for normal price), and then I spent about as much to get the Famicom version complete the manual/map.

KingMike

KingMike

Another rare game now on VC at normal prices, Car Battler Joe for GBA.
Not exactly a Ninja Five-O yet but it's still pricey.

KingMike

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.