Forums

Topic: nintendo should charge more for vc games that are rare ("rare downloads")

Posts 321 to 340 of 374

Joeynator3000

....This thread again? :/

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Ryno

KingMike wrote:

Also, why does a Wii code for Super Metroid cost more than a Wii U code for the same game?!

Because Wii's are rare, duh! When was the last time you saw a Wii in the store? It like 2006 all over again.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

PinkSpider

Pfft funniest thing I have read in the forum page, $100 for rare digital games just because your ridiculously sad and are willing to hand over a stupid amount of money for a game that really isn't worth that much does not mean the digital version of the same game should be more. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

Bass_X0

http://nintendoeverything.com/dan-adelman-on-third-parties-ni...

There was a lot of debate about whether to charge more for Super Mario Bros. 3 as opposed to Ice Climbers, and we ultimately decided on a fixed price per platform for a couple reasons. First, it’s simpler to manage from an internal processing perspective. If each game had a separate price, there would be lots of opinions about each game, and consolidating all of that feedback would be very time consuming. Second, there was a little feeling of holding people’s childhood hostage if we priced certain games higher than others. To take an absurd example, let’s say we charged $50 for Super Mario Bros. There would be some people who really have strong nostalgia for that game who would begrudgingly pay it. But they’d probably feel cheated and exploited.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

GrailUK

How many copies of Earthbound will the eShop let me buy? Reckon I will buy loads and wait for the price to go up.....

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

KingMike

Nintendo should charge more for Mr. Spammer's games because those will be rarer soon.

KingMike

LzWinky

And then the sequel: "Revenge of the Spammer: Now with more spam!"

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

KingMike

Nintendo gone crazy with the rare downloads, releasing the whole DKC/DKL hexilogy on North America in one day.

KingMike

Kaze_Memaryu

Bass_X0 wrote:

http://nintendoeverything.com/dan-adelman-on-third-parties-ni...

There was a lot of debate about whether to charge more for Super Mario Bros. 3 as opposed to Ice Climbers, and we ultimately decided on a fixed price per platform for a couple reasons. First, it’s simpler to manage from an internal processing perspective. If each game had a separate price, there would be lots of opinions about each game, and consolidating all of that feedback would be very time consuming. Second, there was a little feeling of holding people’s childhood hostage if we priced certain games higher than others. To take an absurd example, let’s say we charged $50 for Super Mario Bros. There would be some people who really have strong nostalgia for that game who would begrudgingly pay it. But they’d probably feel cheated and exploited.

I can relate to that - rarity doesn't make the price on a download platform anyway, since it's available to everyone in virtually unlimited number. CHarging extra because it's a rare game for its original release is hardly justifiable.

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

Ryno

KingMike wrote:

Nintendo gone crazy with the rare downloads, releasing the whole DKC/DKL hexilogy on North America in one day.

I haven't seem @ogo79 in a while and now I know what he has been up to!

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Ryno

Only $98.99 each??? Seems to low.
Untitled

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

DefHalan

@Ryno Good thing I bought them on Wii VC so I get to upgrade them for only $1.50

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Chaoz

Why is this even a thread? No they shouldn't do it because it digital. Digital /=/ rare.

Daddy do you want some Sausage?
Wii U ID: dotmae
3DS FC: 3007-8540-3431

Nintendo Network ID: dotmae

bezerker99

I just texted Reggie and told him the prices for these Rare downloads are too cheap. Him and Iwata-san really should be thinking more of their shareholding investors when they drop bombs like this on us.

KingMike

Ryno wrote:

Only $98.99 each??? Seems to low.
Untitled

Just for the curious, Mexico uses the $ sign for peso, and 98.99 pesos is about $6.61US. (as I found out a few years when someone posted a Super Mario Sunshine priced with a tag of like $82, and they said it was actually 82 pesos)

KingMike

PaperMario64

So you spent tons of money on getting a rare piece of software and now that everyone can download it cheap you are mad?

How can anyone WANT a game to be expansive? Having an original cartride doesn't make you special.
Everyone should be able to enjoy great games. Stop being selfish!

PaperMario64

ogo79

PaperMario64 wrote:

So you spent tons of money on getting a rare piece of software and now that everyone can download it cheap you are mad?

yes, yes i clearly mentioned that in my very first post.

PaperMario64 wrote:

How can anyone WANT a game to be expansive?

expansive? thats exactly what my rare downloads program is all about. the rare titles get expanded to an audience that otherwise doesnt own the cart. if you meant expensive well thats not my problem. im expanding the expensive.

PaperMario64 wrote:

Having an original cartride doesn't make you special.

id never try to cartride my copy of little samson. now im not a heavy set guy myself but i can imagine if i tried to ride the cart it would probably crack and break. cartriding should be banned.

PaperMario64 wrote:

Everyone should be able to enjoy great games.

im not stopping anyone from enjoying great games. thats the seekers fault.

PaperMario64 wrote:

Stop being selfish!

Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Klimbatize

The thread that keeps on giving.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

mystman12

One day, I'll turn this thread into an eBook called "Rare Downloads" and sell it for about $100... Should I charge more?!

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.