Forums

Topic: nintendo should charge more for vc games that are rare ("rare downloads")

Posts 301 to 320 of 374

OdnetninAges

Where's mah Hotel Mario?! It better not be a cent under $799 when it finally releases on the Virtual Console, or I'll be pissed that I won't be able to give more of my hard earned cash to the sexy company known as Nintendo, now run by the glorious ogo79.

VC MUSTARD RACE

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

PilksUK

This thread gave me a good laugh somebody trying to encourage insane pricing for VC games because the physical version is rare and expensive... a VC has to be cheap due to pc emulators otherwise nobody would pay for VC games,

PilksUK

3DS Friend Code: 5258-1185-3117 | Nintendo Network ID: PilksUK

OneBagTravel

I have nothing to add here that hasn't been said in the past 16 pages. Just please grasp the concept of owning an original physical copy of something vs owning a digital download.

It's only rare because they're not producing anymore physical copies. You own a physical copy, so the amount and value of said physical copy will always increase.

Edited on by OneBagTravel

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

faint

PilksUK wrote:

This thread gave me a good laugh somebody trying to encourage insane pricing for VC games because the physical version is rare and expensive... a VC has to be cheap due to pc emulators otherwise nobody would pay for VC games,

you do realize that this is a joke thread and was created by op as a joke thread in response to earthbound having a higher cost than all other snes vc games right?

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

OneBagTravel

faint wrote:

you do realize that this is a joke thread and was created by op as a joke thread in response to earthbound having a higher cost than all other snes vc games right?

Thread starter fooled me then. There are people daft enough out there that made it seem real.

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

PilksUK

faint wrote:

I do now lol he fooled me but like above there are people out there that would post something like this for real...

Edited on by PilksUK

PilksUK

3DS Friend Code: 5258-1185-3117 | Nintendo Network ID: PilksUK

Ryno

@ogo79: I think Nintendo got the wrong about the "rare" downloads with the releasing of the Rare Donkey Kong Country games!

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

LaserdiscGal

LordJumpMad wrote:

The older the game, the more money its worth. This concept makes more sense!
I wonder how much ET would be worth on VC

ET isn't even a hard game to find, prior to the documentary you could easily get a copy for 3$ online.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

rolLTheDice

Since The Binding Of Isaac is already old as heck it should definitely qualify as a Rare Download.
666 bucks should be worth it to anybody eternally begging for this game now.

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

KingMike

Nintendo put the NES Adventures of Lolo on 3DS over the Game Boy game. Nintendo is now actively opposing rare downloads.

KingMike

Ryno

Mighty Final Fight is the next rare download!
According to Nintendolife's Mighty Final Fight game page (wish I could :

3DS eShop Release Date:
29th Jan 2014, ¥500 (JPN)
9th Oct 2014, £4.49/€4.99 (UK/EU)
27th Nov 2014, £500.00 (UK/EU)

Release Date:
11th Jun 1993 (JPN)
1st Jul 1993 (USA)
1st Aug 1993 (UK/EU)

Wii U eShop Release Date:
27th Nov 2014, $500.00 (USA)

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

KingMike

What do you got against British 3DS owners compared to their counterparts in the rest of Europe and Japan?
(I'm confused... did NintendoLife ACTUALLY enter those prices on their page? )

Well, then it's a good thing I already have both reasonable price copies of the game. (the Famicom and the GBA. Though unlike the GBA, the 3DS will certainly have the full resolution graphics)

KingMike

LaserdiscGal

bezerker99 wrote:

Nintendo is releasing more rare downloads with the announcement of Wii VC games on Wii U.

Next rare download coming up...Metroid Prime Trilogy!

If Nintendo was smart, they wouldn't charge anything less than a hundred bucks for this.

Way to revive a dead thread lol

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

the_shpydar

The Rare Downloads Program (proud sponsor of The ShpydarhaulTM) will never die.
@ogo79 has just been busy counting his kabillions of gold coins.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ogo79

@Pokefraker i own the fountain of youth. i will never die, therefore any thread i make will never die.
@bezerker99 trill threadz dont die
@the_shpydar i found us a bigger bank. maybe youve heard of it. its called the grand canyon

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

LzWinky

Pokefraker wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

Nintendo is releasing more rare downloads with the announcement of Wii VC games on Wii U.

Next rare download coming up...Metroid Prime Trilogy!

If Nintendo was smart, they wouldn't charge anything less than a hundred bucks for this.

Way to revive a dead thread lol

I think Xenoblade downloads should be Gamestop exclusive. That way they can sell them used and somehow get around a non-existent rule that new games have to be a certain price.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Bass_X0

if they charge more for rare downloads then they should charge less for common downloads.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

KingMike

EarthBound the same price as rare demo version of Wii Punchout.
(I believe that was effectively a demo version of PO, and that it was only released as a Club Nintendo reward prize one year. I think it was an option the year I chose the Mario hat.)

I did get Grill Off With Ultra Hand, with I think is the only COMPLETELY CN-exclusive game.
I do wonder if there will at some point be a market for rare digital only games.

Also, why does a Wii code for Super Metroid cost more than a Wii U code for the same game?!

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.