Forums

Topic: nintendo should charge more for vc games that are rare ("rare downloads")

Posts 261 to 280 of 374

8BitSamurai

Jim_Purcell wrote:

I paid $50 for Earthbound in 2005. Its pricing today is OBSCENE.

Pics for proof. We need to bust the seller for violating the EarthBound Agreement of 2003.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

Jim_Purcell

8BitSamurai wrote:

Jim_Purcell wrote:

I paid $50 for Earthbound in 2005. Its pricing today is OBSCENE.

Pics for proof. We need to bust the seller for violating the EarthBound Agreement of 2003.

Unfortunately I traded it in for some cash & store credit sometime in 2009 or 2010. I still kick myself over that, because a few years latter I would get into Retro Collecting for real.

Jim_Purcell

Nintendo_Ninja

You need to hush up before Nintendo starts listening! I would rather not be forced to pay $40 (or more) for a DIGITAL copy of Earthbound that I can't physically hold in my hands, re-sell, or lend to somebody.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Jim_Purcell

They're not going to charge $40 for a digital rerelease. Because Nintendo isn't completely stupid.

Jim_Purcell

LzWinky

NONSENSE! They should charge $100 for both Mother games (each) because the demand is high. It makes perfect sense!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

the_shpydar

WaLzgi wrote:

NONSENSE! They should charge $100 for both Mother games (each) because the demand is high. It makes perfect sense!

Psshh. $100 is the planned price for each digital manual. $200 if you want it in color.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Nintendo_Ninja

the_shpydar wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Psshh. $100 is the planned price for each digital manual. $200 if you want it in color.

An extra $50 if you want words in it!

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

MAB

MAB wrote:

Untitled

It's good to see that Mega Drive classic Steel Empire is a step in the right direction for rare downloads... They're selling themselves short at $30 though when they should be really charging $300

@Taceus This crowd is the complete opposite of the Wonderful 101

MAB

AdventCloud

I'm an avid collector as the next poster but YOU'VE GOT TO BE JOKING!

You're comparing the actual cart to its digital counterpart. Granted, the cart is rare and demands a high price but digital access to the game is not.

I mean, I understand your frustration but by the logic you suggest, I suppose movies with rare prints, etc. should demand exorbitant prices just because you'll be lucky to pry a coveted copy from Quentin Tarantino. Come on. I just don't see that as practical, especially for a digital copy aka temporary permission to access the license to the game.

YT VIDEO GAME & MOVIE CHANNEL AdventCloud
DK Jenga, Street Fighter II HD, [u...

Twitter:

8BitSamurai

AdventCloud wrote:

I'm an avid collector as the next poster but YOU'VE GOT TO BE JOKING!

You're comparing the actual cart to its digital counterpart. Granted, the cart is rare and demands a high price but digital access to the game is not.

I mean, I understand your frustration but by the logic you suggest, I suppose movies with rare prints, etc. should demand exorbitant prices just because you'll be lucky to pry a coveted copy from Quentin Tarantino. Come on. I just don't see that as practical, especially for a digital copy aka temporary permission to access the license to the game.

Don't worry, we'll be offering a yearly subscription so you can try it out. Plans start at a measly $7,900

And when I say yearly, I mean monthly. And when I say monthly, I mean February only. And when I say February, I mean the 29th day only.

KingMike

A bit of an explanation.
So I lately have been watching Tomato streaming a Japanese FF6 mod. One of the running gag prizes the participating audience can earn is a "random coupon, may have expired". Also discussing EarthBound. Which brought me to bringing up this...
I remember the EB ads, used to have a bunch as a kid, now I have none. Each included a $10 coupon that expired in January 1996.
So far the lowest discovered original retail price was $5.99 at Best Buy. (unknown date, let's just guess maybe 1998 or so. Someone had previously posted a '97 BB ad that listed the game at $29.99.)
SO... if not for that pesky EXPIRATION DATE, one could get the game for... -$4.01.

Would that not be great to get a BRAND NEW EarthBound AND get paid $3-something (eh, you still gotta pay the tax on that $5.99) for PURIFYING the store shelf of a "stinky" game.

KingMike

ogo79

Untitled
disclaimer: not valid with the rare downloads program

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

retropunky

Give me a pizza smelling air freshener, and I just might sign up.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

KingMike

ogo79 wrote:

Untitled
disclaimer: not valid with the rare downloads program

You'll never make it in the business without sales.
C'mon man, don't be so greedy.
You can at least give them $100 off NWC for a limited time.
Or maybe buy Dinosaur Peak get, I don't know, um, Chubby Cherub free (or if you want to be more generous, the manual free).

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

8BitSamurai

Following @KingMike's advice, upon launch day all "rare downloads" will be 10% off, with one purchase of Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt at $2,999.

ogo79

PKpunky wrote:

Give me a pizza smelling air freshener, and I just might sign up.

i actually almost got one of those for 350$ but the package had been opened on the end. the description said "new". its not new if its opened.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

rolLTheDice

I can't wait for the Rare Download version of the MK8 DLC.
The only place where you'll be able to play it as Frog Luigi and Black Shelled Koopa.
Totally worth the 1000 bucks per pack.

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

ogo79

eviLaTtenDant wrote:

I can't wait for the Rare Download version of the MK8 DLC.
The only place where you'll be able to play it as Frog Luigi and Black Shelled Koopa.
Totally worth the 1000 bucks per pack.

we are going to be selling the "wii successor" five years before its out, seeing that people are already worried/talking about it, we have took note and pre-orders will be available this monday.
quality of life 4 lyfe

the_shpydar wrote:

Allx360

Why do people keep this thread alive? The idea is flawed and charging 200 dollars for a downloadable game is insane.

PK Hype!

DefHalan

Allx360 wrote:

Why do people keep this thread alive? The idea is flawed and charging 200 dollars for a downloadable game is insane.

It has become a joke, people keep the thread alive for the joke

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.