Forums

Topic: nintendo should charge more for vc games that are rare ("rare downloads")

Posts 201 to 220 of 374

8BitSamurai

From a reliable source:

It was revealed earlier today that "rare downloads" will be launching on May 31st. In an interview with Sony Life, Nintendo genie Urbane Champione revealed that "rare downloads" were "Going along according to plan". The reason for the delay was to incorporate Mario Kart 8 into the program, he says. "We knew that we had to start this program off right, so we thought it would be a good idea to launch it with the next hotly anticipated entry in Mario Kart." According to what he says next, the first 11 copies will retail for $60 on the Nintendo e-Shop, and every download after that will be $11 more expensive. The physical release has been cancelled to make sure nobody misses out on this historic event..

It seems the wait is almost over!

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

the_shpydar

Even Capcom is supporting the Rare Downloads program — Mighty Final Fight on WiiU and 3DS VC!
$100-$200, price totally confirmed by my super secret sources inside Capcom.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

8BitSamurai

the_shpydar wrote:

Even Capcom is supporting the Rare Downloads program — Mighty Final Fight on WiiU and 3DS VC!

Seems legit! Good to see other developers jumping on this amazing concept.

ogo79

i told you weirdos.
its gonna happen.
6 more years of wii u and rare downloads.
put the money in my strong hand.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

8BitSamurai

According to sources, the new Star Fox game will retail for $599 as a "rare download". Thanks to Ogo79 and everybody's hard work, this is finally happening! They'll be revealing the full lineup of "rare downloads" later tonight. Stay tuned!

KingMike

the_shpydar wrote:

But I thought the Famicom cart was still sort of affordable.
Unless it's a rare download because we get the game in ENGLISH, which MFF BADLY needs!

KingMike

Faruko

This is still going ? lol

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

8BitSamurai

Faruko wrote:

This is still going ? lol

Yeah, the program wasn't revealed at E3 this year because @Ogo79 got lost in his gold vault and couldn't make it. Now they're waiting to announce it so they can incorporate the Wii Balance Board.

ogo79

its taking a little longer than expected, but that just gives people time to save money for the games.
if i have to suffer by paying what i did for carts, im sure going to make sure you all suffer as well.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Ryno

I bought 200 $20.00 eShop cards so I will be ready to download a game.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Alucard83

LordJumpMad wrote:

The older the game, the more money its worth. This concept makes more sense!
I wonder how much ET would be worth on VC

Anyone really wants ET game? Looks very very very boring to me lol. Just my opinion

Alucard83

unrandomsam

Nintendo should just reprint everything that is selling for double RRP or more. Sell it for say 80$

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

8BitSamurai

Alucard83 wrote:

LordJumpMad wrote:

Anyone really wants ET game? Looks very very very boring to me lol. Just my opinion

Well, I will be sending some paperwork to OP, and he'll have to review if we should continue to allow your thinking and opinion privileges.

the_shpydar

Alucard83 wrote:

LordJumpMad wrote:

Thanks to my epic hoarding program, the price for an E.T. cart — and the privilege to play one of the greatest games of all time — will soon be $500.

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

8BitSamurai

unrandomsam wrote:

Nintendo should just reprint everything that is selling for double RRP or more. Sell it for say 80$

No, it should obviously be five hundred ninety-nine.

KingMike

Five hundred and ninety-nine US DOLLARS. I believe the proper quote is.

KingMike

8BitSamurai

KingMike wrote:

Five hundred and ninety-nine US DOLLARS. I believe the proper quote is.

You're talking to the resident Sony E3 2006 fan, I know my quotes. (Was gonna edit it but I thought it sounded okay anyways)

KingMike

Some guy bought the rights to Cheetahmen a few years ago and actually did want like $200 I think for Cheetahman II (or $500 for a "collectors edition" with two copies, a "collectable" sealed copy and "play" open copy. This guy knows collectors!)
Though it made a few people mad because the owner contacted the guy who made an unofficial ROM patch to fix the unwinnable level and was reselling the patched version (even though if he's the legal copyright owner of the game, then that's legit to resell).

KingMike

ogo79

Mitsuko_Chan wrote:

I heard they're going to release Cheetahmen 1 and 2, Action 52, Little Samson, and Stadium Events on the Wii U & 3DS VC. The prices are going to range from $150 to $200. I'm so excited!

you do realize i have some pull with vc releases right?
thats why when i get people mad on here they know better than to talk back to me because ill slow down their most wanted games on vc, or suggest they never see the light of day, or until i see the price is right. the right price is whatever makes my wallet fatter.
keep up yer funny business and ill have nothing but urban champion all over yer vc like its going out of style. thats all it will play. that and Urban Champion U, because after all, everyone likes a champion.

the_shpydar wrote:

the_shpydar

ogo79 wrote:

keep up yer funny business and ill have nothing but urban champion all over yer vc like its going out of style. thats all it will play. that and Urban Champion U, because after all, everyone likes a champion.

See the Retro Thread for Urban Champion goodness!

The Shpydarloggery

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.