Forums

Topic: nintendo should charge more for vc games that are rare ("rare downloads")

Posts 181 to 200 of 374

FX102A

If Nintendo did a tiered pricing programme, the absolute most I would accept for rare titles would be approx £15, and even thats a stretch. £10 would probably be best.

At the end of the day, the fact that all we are getting is old code that has been tweaked and can be recreated an infinite number of times depreciates its value heavily regardless of the current asking price of its respective carts.

FX102A

8BitSamurai

FX102A wrote:

If Nintendo did a tiered pricing programme, the absolute most I would accept for rare titles would be approx £15, and even thats a stretch. £10 would probably be best.

Why 15? I already bought Urban Champion from the OP for $100. I've played it for over over 9000 hours already so I'm sure I got my money's worth. And that game isn't even rare! Being rare would up the value even more. If they make the downloads "rare", that means everybody can be a collector. If they put the OP's face in the manuals, I'm sure people would pay even more for the "rare downloads"

FX102A wrote:

At the end of the day, the fact that all we are getting is old code that has been tweaked and can be recreated an infinite number of times depreciates its value heavily regardless of the current asking price of its respective carts.

If the OP puts his handsome blessing on the "rare downloads", nothing can depreciate the value.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

OdnetninAges

Nintendo World Championships for $500... for the day pass. If you wan't to own the game fully, that'll come around to around $1,000,000, but that's only for the first Super Mario Bros. mini-game. If you want the other mini-games, that'll cost ya another $1,000,000 for each additional mini-game.

OP, I am in awe by your genius. We should all come together to make this a reality. Unified Nintendo Network accounts? Screw em. Cross-buy Virtual Console games for Wii U and 3DS? Who the hell wants those? Wii and Wii VC games playable on the GamePad by it acting as a Classic Controller? Most stupid, nonsensical idea I've ever heard. Flipnote Studio 3D? Nobody wants that anymore!

And I thought the Xbone DRM was next-gen genius!

And if this, on the off-chance, makes Nintendo go bankrupt and fail, OP's utter sexiness and extremely rare collection of video games will bring Nintendo back from the dead, all the time, for all teh times!!! This is the future of retro gaming as we know it!!!!

We're sitting on a goldmine here, folks!!!!!!!!!

This is a terrible idea.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

LzWinky

FX102A wrote:

Other companies get away with this for ports. Why can't Nintendo?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Ryno

I think a great way to kick off this program would be to hold the sexiest gamer contest. Obviously, @ogo79 would win and @the_shpydar would come in second but I think it would still provide Nintendo with amazing publicity that all the money in the world just could not buy (and therefore they need this "rare download" program) and that they desperately need otherwise they are pretty much doomed.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

8BitSamurai

Ryno wrote:

I think a great way to kick off this program would be to hold the sexiest gamer contest. Obviously, @ogo79 would win and @the_shpydar would come in second but I think it would still provide Nintendo with amazing publicity that all the money in the world just could not buy (and therefore they need this "rare download" program) and that they desperately need otherwise they are pretty much doomed.

This idea is so great that I think Bill Gates and Kaz will defect when they read this.

mamp

But doesn't the fact that it's downloadable and it can pretty much be bought by anyone since it's technically unlimited copies kinda take away the rarity of the game. I mean rare just means it's hard to obtain right?

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

MuchoMochi

Who in their right mind would buy a digital copy of a game for 100+? Like honestly that's just crazy.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

8BitSamurai

mamp wrote:

But doesn't the fact that it's downloadable and it can pretty much be bought by anyone since it's technically unlimited copies kinda take away the rarity of the game. I mean rare just means it's hard to obtain right?

8BitSamurai wrote:

If the OP puts his handsome blessing on the "rare downloads", nothing can depreciate the value.

MuchoMochi wrote:

Who in their right mind would buy a digital copy of a game for 100+? Like honestly that's just crazy.

Well, we're not really talking the $100, we're trying to shoot for closer to $250+. I've already bought 25 Wii U's so I can buy EarthBound 25 times so I could pretend I paid $250 for it.

ogo79

mamp wrote:

no one ever said some of the downloads wouldnt be limited, thats a great idea and we are currently working on this.
you may get charged just for trying to download it after it has been "out of print", it would be taken as theft, you attempted to get something you are not allowed to. the penalty for trying to download a rare game that we have decided to cancel (and is only under the possession of the people whom made it in time to download) would double the amount of the said attempted download. in other words, you would be trying to depreciate value of the virtual collectors games.

OdnetninAges wrote:

We're sitting on a goldmine here, folks!!!!!!!!!

I am sitting on a gold mine

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

MAB

I can see how this plan would work for Genesis games or anything SEGA related... Nintendo games should come in a big bundle for free

MAB

LzWinky

mamp wrote:

By this logic, games should be 99 cents. If only there was some platform with so many of these games...

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SMEXIZELDAMAN

This is a professional idea from a professional gamer! I've got Iwata on the line right now. He thinks it'd be a good idea to release rare, Japanese-only games as well and maintain the equivalent price in U.S. dollars, but you'd still have to pay in yen. Could make a bit of extra money once Nintendo releases eshop cards that add yen to the eshop. Of course they'd be a bit more expensive than their equivalent US brothers. They could also sell a little translating guide to aide you in playing the games. Iwata is on to something here! We can be true collectors, getting not only rare games release in the U.S., but games released only in Japan as well! Nintendo would reel in the ca$h and WiiU will finally rise from it's grave!

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Justlink

if this happened, there'd be more reason for fans to leave Nintendo, and how is upping the price of old games gonna make people want Wii U's, to spend more money? Don't be stupid!

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

the_shpydar

Ryno wrote:

I fully support and endorse this idea.

justlink wrote:

if this happened, there'd be more reason for fans to leave Nintendo, and how is upping the price of old games gonna make people want Wii U's, to spend more money? Don't be stupid!

Oh, the irony is so delicious. Just like lobster tails from Golden Corral.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

KingMike

OdnetninAges wrote:

Nintendo World Championships for $500... for the day pass. If you wan't to own the game fully, that'll come around to around $1,000,000, but that's only for the first Super Mario Bros. mini-game. If you want the other mini-games, that'll cost ya another $1,000,000 for each additional mini-game.

But the last REAL sale of an NWC gray cart was only $17k. (not that faker who bid 99k on ebay and said his 2-year did it)

KingMike

8BitSamurai

They're still trying to update the prices, but @ogo79 has filled Nintendo HQ with so much gold that they've clogged down productivity! Be patient people.

8BitSamurai

Ryno wrote:

It's true, here's a clip from our party last night with all those who supported @ogo79 original idea for all the hater's to see.

With the partying over and gold problems sorted, Reggie is only waiting for the OP's command to update the prices.
Untitled
Soon, very soon!

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.