Forums

Topic: nintendo should charge more for vc games that are rare ("rare downloads")

Posts 161 to 180 of 374

LzWinky

Super Mario Bros. 3 should be $50 due to the demand. If you want both versions, $120

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Justlink

but by raising eshop vc prices, that causes a rise in stock ebay prices, causing less sales. This will lead to a nintendo fan strike for lower prices. WiiU would ultimately fail, ebay with face finacial issue due to the increase of prices and decrease of bidders on nintendo products, causing another video game depression on nintendo which will cut a lot of money, making hundreds of nintendo workers to lose their jobs and lower any quality of any new nintendo games. Please understand.

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Justlink

@ogo79 just because you were impatient, you want everyone else to pay the same amount? Not everyone just has hundreds of dollars laying around. Some work hard so they can even have enough money to feed themselves much less pay 100+ for a game 15+ old, so yeah, burn.

PrincessSugoi

Brilliant idea.

They practically gave Earthbound away, hopefully they'll rectify this mistake by charging North Americans $300 for ALttP and SMB3.

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

LzWinky

ALttP is already out...

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

PrincessSugoi

It is? I got so used to people complaining about it along with SMB3 I kind of lumped them together.

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

8BitSamurai

justlink wrote:

but by raising eshop vc prices, that causes a rise in stock ebay prices, causing less sales. This will lead to a nintendo fan strike for lower prices. WiiU would ultimately fail, ebay with face finacial issue due to the increase of prices and decrease of bidders on nintendo products, causing another video game depression on nintendo which will cut a lot of money, making hundreds of nintendo workers to lose their jobs and lower any quality of any new nintendo games. Please understand.

Look, here's the thing. Even if it causes Nintendo to go up in flames, @ogo79 will use his valuable rare games to buy the Nintendo. He'll make the prices even higher, but people will buy it because of his handsomeness. And when you buy the games, Ogo will be getting money, and maybe he might share his gold swimming pools. A win-win situation.

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

GuSolarFlare

8BitSamurai wrote:

justlink wrote:

Look, here's the thing. Even if it causes Nintendo to go up in flames, @ogo79 will use his valuable rare games to buy the Nintendo. He'll make the prices even higher, but people will buy it because of his handsomeness. And when you buy the games, Ogo will be getting money, and maybe he might share his gold swimming pools. A win-win situation.

that won't happen because by the time that happen Ogo will have upgraded his gold pool to platinum because it is more valuable and only after making gold more valuable than platinum he'll make a larger gold one.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

bezerker99

VC games should be $59.99 and the new retail games should be $4.99 because old games really do kick the crap out of today's selection.

Ryno

bezerker99 wrote:

VC games should be $59.99 and the new retail games should be $4.99 because old games really do kick the crap out of today's selection.

This really is the best comment I have ever heard on this topic.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

the_shpydar

Ryno wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

This really is the best comment I have ever heard on this topic.

Completely agreed.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ogo79

justlink wrote:

@ogo79 1 just because you were impatient, you want everyone else to pay the same amount? Not everyone just has hundreds of dollars laying around. 2 Some work hard so they can even have enough money to feed themselves much less pay 100+ for a game 15+ old, so yeah, burn.

1 -i expect you all to pay much more than i have for a physical cart. im not "impatient", im just trying to get this "rare downloads" program on the roll, why you hatin?
2 -i dont work hard at all so i dont know how that feels, when im lazy i pay people low amounts of money to put food in my mouth so i dont have to use my own hands.
ill probably snip their check and hope they dont notice because thats the type of lowdown person i am.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Justlink

@ogo79 wah, thats horrible. It those type of people who ruin America, why theres no work ethic left. If nintendo charged 100+ dollars for any game, they'd lose lots of customers, make no type of profit in any ways, and valuable time in making or porting games that don't need high jacked up prices in this economy. And dont answer "Nintendo has a lot of money, they can take a hit" because someday, somethings gonna happen where they mess up to much if the fans tell them what to do. Appreciate what there is and don't be a jerk. If you were like the majority of America, you'd be lucky to even think about getting a ten dollar downloadable copy of earthbound. Now if you were talking about Mother 3 coming to NA virtual console, it'd make sense to have a higher price and limited eshop time.

Ryno

@ogo79: Master, sir, I hate to bother you but I still haven't received my wages from last month?

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

ogo79

Ryno wrote:

@ogo79: Master, sir, I hate to bother you but I still haven't received my wages from last month?

Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

FX102A

On the off chance that the OP was actually being serious, whilst I wholly disagree as I believe even the rarest of games should be made available to those who want to play digitally, perhaps a tiered system of prices should be made even amongst the same retro console and based on game quality.

The 500 Wii Poiny prices for games like Golf and Baseball always made me laugh, they were the equivalent to smartphone games. SMB and LoZ of course were worth the costs.

Perhaps rare and acclaimed games deserve a slightly higher price point but not so far that they deter people from buying the. (except the cheapskates).

Besides the majority of rare games high costs come more from being a physical entity and a piece of gaming history. If I built myself a replica of a Spitfire, I highly doubt it would be worth as much as a actual WWII veteran example. Or if I made an example for a flightsim, where's my £3 million?

Edited on by FX102A

FX102A

Ryno

I'm glad more and more people are coming around to the rare downloads program.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Venks

Untitled

I'm happy to see Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars as a Club Nintendo reward, but I'm left wanting for another Square developed title. Of course I'm speaking of the first two Final Fantasy games bundled together in remastered goodness for the GBA.
In Dawn of Souls the graphics are heavily improved, the overall game rebalanced, and four entirely new dungeons are added. The magic system was also updated to be more like newer iterations in the Final Fantasy franchise. The game is such an improvement over the original NES version.

The Wii U is incredibly devoid of traditional role playing games. Monolith's X and Golden Sun(GBA) are on the way, but I don't think two titles are enough for avid RPG fans.
If Nintendo wants to honor its RPG ways of old I can see no better way than bringing the series synonymous with the genre to the virtual console. With so many action and platformer games on the Wii U I really think Dawn of Souls would bring some much needed diversity to the console's gaming library.
Bravely Default was a great game for the 3DS, but I don't want Nintendo and Square to stop there. Let me play as the original four heroes of light. I want to traverse Corneria, battle the dark knight Garland, and save the world from Chaos!

I stream Mario Maker and other Nintendo games! Check out my stream if you'd like to see me play your levels live!
http://www.twitch.tv/supertwou

Twitter:

KingMike

"the overall game rebalanced" I agree the NES version was pretty challenging (though that may in part be because of bugs), but the GBA (and PSP, which I most recently played) is almost the opposite (at least the main game). It's hard not to be OP.

KingMike

8BitSamurai

FX102A wrote:

On the off chance that the OP was actually being serious, whilst I wholly disagree as I believe even the rarest of games should be made available to those who want to play digitally.

They should only be available to them if @Ogo79 says they should be. He knows what's best.

FX102A wrote:

Or if I made an example for a flightsim, where's my £3 million?

@Ogo79 is getting around to paying you. Be patient.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.