Wii U Virtual Console Forum

Topic: nintendo should charge more for vc games that are rare ("rare downloads")

Showing 161 to 180 of 246

AuthorMessage

KingMike

161. Posted:

A gold swimming pool wouldn't work in real life, as demoed by Peter Griffin. :D

KingMike

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

162. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

Unless you are @ogo79.
His inherent sexiness and vampire hunting skills simultaneously charms and terrifies the gold into cooperating. :D

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 21 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 10 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

ogo79

163. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

KingMike wrote:

Unless you are @ogo79.
His inherent sexiness and vampire hunting skills simultaneously charms and terrifies the gold into cooperating. :D

shpy is right again.
also, virtual console games prices need to go up
i payed a lot of money for my carts.
you all can pay a lot of money too.
i havent stopped emailing nintendo about this.

Edited on by ogo79

ceo of the rare downloads program-"spend yer money on us"
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

164. Posted:

Super Mario Bros. 3 should be $50 due to the demand. If you want both versions, $120 ;)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

justlink

165. Posted:

but by raising eshop vc prices, that causes a rise in stock ebay prices, causing less sales. This will lead to a nintendo fan strike for lower prices. WiiU would ultimately fail, ebay with face finacial issue due to the increase of prices and decrease of bidders on nintendo products, causing another video game depression on nintendo which will cut a lot of money, making hundreds of nintendo workers to lose their jobs and lower any quality of any new nintendo games. Please understand.

justlink

AuthorMessage

justlink

166. Posted:

@ogo79 just because you were impatient, you want everyone else to pay the same amount? Not everyone just has hundreds of dollars laying around. Some work hard so they can even have enough money to feed themselves much less pay 100+ for a game 15+ old, so yeah, burn.

justlink

AuthorMessage

PrincessSugoi

167. Posted:

Brilliant idea.

They practically gave Earthbound away, hopefully they'll rectify this mistake by charging North Americans $300 for ALttP and SMB3.

Current playlist: Senran Kagura Burst, Super Mario Bros. 3, Sonic the Hedgehog 1, Nightsky

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

168. Posted:

ALttP is already out...

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

PrincessSugoi

169. Posted:

It is? I got so used to people complaining about it along with SMB3 I kind of lumped them together. :P

Current playlist: Senran Kagura Burst, Super Mario Bros. 3, Sonic the Hedgehog 1, Nightsky

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

170. Posted:

justlink wrote:

but by raising eshop vc prices, that causes a rise in stock ebay prices, causing less sales. This will lead to a nintendo fan strike for lower prices. WiiU would ultimately fail, ebay with face finacial issue due to the increase of prices and decrease of bidders on nintendo products, causing another video game depression on nintendo which will cut a lot of money, making hundreds of nintendo workers to lose their jobs and lower any quality of any new nintendo games. Please understand.

Look, here's the thing. Even if it causes Nintendo to go up in flames, @ogo79 will use his valuable rare games to buy the Nintendo. He'll make the prices even higher, but people will buy it because of his handsomeness. And when you buy the games, Ogo will be getting money, and maybe he might share his gold swimming pools. A win-win situation.

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

Official "rare download" assistant
Best YT show here!
Currently playing: Phantasy Star II, No More Heroes, Persona 2: IS, Ys 1
Recently beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

171. Posted:

8BitSamurai wrote:

justlink wrote:

Look, here's the thing. Even if it causes Nintendo to go up in flames, @ogo79 will use his valuable rare games to buy the Nintendo. He'll make the prices even higher, but people will buy it because of his handsomeness. And when you buy the games, Ogo will be getting money, and maybe he might share his gold swimming pools. A win-win situation.

that won't happen because by the time that happen Ogo will have upgraded his gold pool to platinum because it is more valuable and only after making gold more valuable than platinum he'll make a larger gold one.

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

172. Posted:

VC games should be $59.99 and the new retail games should be $4.99 because old games really do kick the crap out of today's selection.

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

Ryno

173. Posted:

bezerker99 wrote:

VC games should be $59.99 and the new retail games should be $4.99 because old games really do kick the crap out of today's selection.

This really is the best comment I have ever heard on this topic.

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

174. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

This really is the best comment I have ever heard on this topic.

Completely agreed. :)

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 21 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 10 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

ogo79

175. Posted:

justlink wrote:

@ogo79 1 just because you were impatient, you want everyone else to pay the same amount? Not everyone just has hundreds of dollars laying around. 2 Some work hard so they can even have enough money to feed themselves much less pay 100+ for a game 15+ old, so yeah, burn.

1 -i expect you all to pay much more than i have for a physical cart. im not "impatient", im just trying to get this "rare downloads" program on the roll, why you hatin?
2 -i dont work hard at all so i dont know how that feels, when im lazy i pay people low amounts of money to put food in my mouth so i dont have to use my own hands.
ill probably snip their check and hope they dont notice because thats the type of lowdown person i am.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

justlink

176. Posted:

@ogo79 wah, thats horrible. It those type of people who ruin America, why theres no work ethic left. If nintendo charged 100+ dollars for any game, they'd lose lots of customers, make no type of profit in any ways, and valuable time in making or porting games that don't need high jacked up prices in this economy. And dont answer "Nintendo has a lot of money, they can take a hit" because someday, somethings gonna happen where they mess up to much if the fans tell them what to do. Appreciate what there is and don't be a jerk. If you were like the majority of America, you'd be lucky to even think about getting a ten dollar downloadable copy of earthbound. Now if you were talking about Mother 3 coming to NA virtual console, it'd make sense to have a higher price and limited eshop time.

justlink

AuthorMessage

Ryno

177. Posted:

@ogo79: Master, sir, I hate to bother you but I still haven't received my wages from last month?

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

ogo79

178. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

@ogo79: Master, sir, I hate to bother you but I still haven't received my wages from last month?

Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

FX102A

179. Posted:

On the off chance that the OP was actually being serious, whilst I wholly disagree as I believe even the rarest of games should be made available to those who want to play digitally, perhaps a tiered system of prices should be made even amongst the same retro console and based on game quality.

The 500 Wii Poiny prices for games like Golf and Baseball always made me laugh, they were the equivalent to smartphone games. SMB and LoZ of course were worth the costs.

Perhaps rare and acclaimed games deserve a slightly higher price point but not so far that they deter people from buying the. (except the cheapskates).

Besides the majority of rare games high costs come more from being a physical entity and a piece of gaming history. If I built myself a replica of a Spitfire, I highly doubt it would be worth as much as a actual WWII veteran example. Or if I made an example for a flightsim, where's my £3 million?

Edited on by FX102A

FX102A

AuthorMessage

Ryno

180. Posted:

I'm glad more and more people are coming around to the rare downloads program.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery