Forums

Topic: nintendo should charge more for vc games that are rare ("rare downloads")

Posts 141 to 160 of 374

Ryno

supermario182 wrote:

this thread has helped me to realize that the clash at demonhead is a real game, and i might try to find it now. hope it doesnt come out on vc for way cheaper the day after i find it.

Clash At Demonhead will never see the light of day on the VC so you are pretty safe picking up the cartridge.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

KingMike

Correct. I don't know if VIC Tokai even exists in Japan anymore (I know they were primarily a cable company, and making video games was a side business they had for awhile).

KingMike

KingMike

Ryno wrote:

How are we ever going to get Little Samson with attitudes like this?

If you want Little Samson, you're going to have to find out whatever happened to developer Takeru/Sur de Wave first.

KingMike

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

Ryno wrote:

How are we ever going to get Little Samson with attitudes like this?

If you want Little Samson, you're going to have to find out whatever happened to developer Takeru/Sur de Wave first.

hugs both new copies of cocoron

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

LeVideoGamer

I'd happily pay more for games that need to be localised, like the old Fire Emblem and Famicom Wars games,Joy Mech Fight and Nazo no Murasamejo.

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/vgm/4237975235.html
Wii U owners in London, please check it out!

8BitSamurai

I think the "rare downloads" should be more expensive than the cartridges. It makes sense because of all the hard work Iwata has to go through to get the "rare downloads" directly to you.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

LzWinky

Mother 3 should be $30 because of the high demand for it.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

8BitSamurai

Unca_Lz wrote:

Well, the way I see it I think it should be a $70 "rare download", plus $20 for translation, and $60 for Iwata to get it directly to you. So $150 total. Yeah, I think that sounds about right.

2Sang

I'd be ok if they charged $15 or even $20 for mother 3, but it would fail if they charged the same price as the GBA carts. I'm glad I got a cart back in 08 for $20, and as much as I love the game, for most fans it's not worth more than a new wii u game.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

8BitSamurai wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Well, the way I see it I think it should be a $70 "rare download", plus $20 for translation, and $60 for Iwata to get it directly to you. So $150 total. Yeah, I think that sounds about right.

you're forgetting the revived Nintendo Quality seal that will up the price by 50%
so it'll be $225

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

8BitSamurai

GuSilverFlame wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

you're forgetting the revived Nintendo Quality seal that will up the price by 50%
so it'll be $225

Maybe to make it an even $250 they could add Cranky Kong, so another $25 Cranky fee.

GuSolarFlare

8BitSamurai wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

so it'll be $225

Maybe to make it an even $250 they could add Cranky Kong, so another $25 Cranky fee.

or pull the price up a "little" because it is the third game and make it $333

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Samurai_Goroh

This thread is getting out of hand. I bought Earthbound a couple of days ago, and while I don't have any problem cashing out €10 for it, it sets a worrisome precedent for future releases. Back on Wii, I've gladly spent €12 on Sin and Punishment, an absolutely superb N64 game only previously released in Japan.
I'm not paying more than €15 for Virtual Consoles games, ever. Not even for the GameCube second coming.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Samurai_Goroh

KingMike

GuSilverFlame wrote:

so it'll be $225

I noticed that was dropped in 2003. One of the first games with the Nintendo Seal was Fire Emblem (Blazing Sword). (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, released a couple months earlier, still had it.) Well, it was the first time the franchise was released outside Japan so maybe they felt they needed to play it safe and say they don't guarantee the entertainment value of the game. Don't want to have a large number of people who can't handle permadeath (or just resetting whenever someone dies) returning the game because it "sucks".

KingMike

unrandomsam

The emulation quality is not good enough to justify higher prices. (It should be at least as good as the best amateur efforts considering they have no docs).

Buying bootlegs is terrible as well (People seem to call them repros but they are bootlegs).

Edited on by unrandomsam

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

DefHalan

Nintendo should charge $200 for all VC games, artificially raising the value of NES and SNES games on eBay.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

8BitSamurai

DefHalan wrote:

Nintendo should charge $200 for all VC games, artificially raising the value of NES and SNES games on eBay.

This way all of @ogo79 's rare NES and SNES games will go up in price, and he can have another gold swimming pool. I love this idea.

KingMike

A gold swimming pool wouldn't work in real life, as demoed by Peter Griffin.

KingMike

the_shpydar

KingMike wrote:

Unless you are @ogo79.
His inherent sexiness and vampire hunting skills simultaneously charms and terrifies the gold into cooperating.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

KingMike wrote:

Unless you are @ogo79.
His inherent sexiness and vampire hunting skills simultaneously charms and terrifies the gold into cooperating.

shpy is right again.
also, virtual console games prices need to go up
i payed a lot of money for my carts.
you all can pay a lot of money too.
i havent stopped emailing nintendo about this.

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.