Forums

Topic: nintendo should charge more for vc games that are rare ("rare downloads")

Posts 121 to 140 of 374

JetForceSetGrind

Link-Hero wrote:

Some people already complain about the games on the VC being too expensive. You really expect them to buy a game for $100-$300?

This is a stupid idea.

JetForceSetGrind

JetForceSetGrind

Ryno wrote:

I'm really glad to see this idea is spreading. I just filled out another Club Nintendo survey suggesting this strategy. I'm sure Nintendo will have this implemented before that unnecessary account system some people have been asking for.

Oh, nevermind, this is sarcasm.

JetForceSetGrind

Platypus101

For those of you that paid "too much": the value of the item was worth it for you at the time as a collector. The fact that someone is so angry that they purchased a "rare classic" for far too much money and now want everyone else to pay the same is just misdirected anger, look in the mirror, then begin your rant... the rest of us with common sense here, we'll reap the benefits of patience and good 'ol' common sense! Wow, this is the lamest forum thread I have ever read! Seriously... Charge more for non ownership of a game? Clearly a troll forum! I'm out.

Platypus101

LzWinky

Technically even a physical copy isn't "full ownership" either

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

KingMike

How isn't it full ownership? They can't suddenly rescind your ability to play a physical game.
If I delete my VC copy of Yoshi's Cookie, that's it I can't play it anymore. (luckily Wii VC games play just fine offline, so in theory I should still be able to play that for as long as my Wii works and I have a SD card and I keep at least one backup copy of the VC file.)
But as long as I have a functioning Game Boy I can play my Game Boy cart.

KingMike

ogo79

Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

NintendoLink

What if Nintendo just put them all out at a normal price ? that would give them more money and popularity.

Wii U Mario Kart bundle - Mario kart 8, Monster hunter 3, Donkey Kong Tropical freeze
Wii U Nintendo ID - pockyNNrocky - ADD ME ! :)

3DS Friend Code: 0662-3551-3737 | Nintendo Network ID: POCKYnROCKY

Nintenjoe64

Nintendo should offer 'Rare' downloads at a slightly inflated cost to deal with the money they'd have to give MS but there is no justification to charge extra money for what is essentially a 1-64mb ROM file with a basic emulator attached. I tolerated it with Earthbound but it's a dangerous precedent for us, as fans, to set and will ultimately lead to high prices for every sought after game.

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

Nintenjoe64

They should also be making Xenoblade and MPT in HD because they're two games that game shops are taking massive liberties with the pricing and would definitely beef up Wii U's library. Both would be amongst the highest reviewed games of 2014.

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

Jazzer94

Nintenjoe64 wrote:

Nintendo should offer 'Rare' downloads at a slightly inflated cost to deal with the money they'd have to give MS but there is no justification to charge extra money for what is essentially a 1-64mb ROM file with a basic emulator attached. I tolerated it with Earthbound but it's a dangerous precedent for us, as fans, to set and will ultimately lead to high prices for every sought after game.

I only tolerated the price increase for EarthBound because I felt a bit guilty from downloading and playing an illegal rom version of it and Mother 3.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Jani-Koblaney

This is such an awesome idea. I have absolutely no clue how Nintendo didn't think of this already!

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

DudeSean

Is this conversation still going on? Seriously? Earthbound is $2 more than any other SNES game on the service. There's your "rare download" price. Case closed.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

KingMike

Question 1. Yes, it's still going on.
Question 2. Yes, some people are actually taking this seriously.

off topic, didn't think I'd ever see anyone with a Timberwolves avatar!

KingMike

RetroChaos

This idea is very silly. No one will pay 100$ for a digital copy of any game! Earthbound costs so much because since it didn't sell very much, thus there is not many copies today. Because of this, getting the game complete with cartridge, box and what not is pricey.

At the end of the line, digital games aren't rare at all, so 'Rare downloads' is pretty much an oxymoron that will fail to generate sales.

RetroChaos

3DS Friend Code: 4699-6785-3864 | Nintendo Network ID: Retro-Chaos

Ryno

How are we ever going to get Little Samson with attitudes like this?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

UpdateNightmare

Why not make every single VC game cost $1 and re-introduce everyone to those franchises creating the most insane value for money ever.
Think how many people would go by a Wii U just for the virtual console. Atm it's better to just run emulators on the PC.

however if one could choose any 50 old school classics you wanted to for $50?
Atm a old forgotten not so great old game can cost the same price as Bio-shock Infinite on a Steam sale.
Steam recently broke records with 7 million concurrent users btw. Elitist pricing only attract a small userbase.

Nintendo simply fails to see the bigger picture.

Edited on by UpdateNightmare

UpdateNightmare

GuSolarFlare

why not make a $999 VC pack that comes with only half the currently available VC titles and calling it the "ultimate Rare Download pack"?

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.