Forums

Topic: nintendo should charge more for vc games that are rare ("rare downloads")

Posts 101 to 120 of 374

KingMike

It was probably Mike Matei's review that raised Run Saber's price (I had previously got a complete RS for like $25, that quickly became the loose price), as well as Clash at Demonhead, Guardian Legend (from like $3 to $15), Gun-Nac (like 25 to 80). I think that might've also drove up S.C.A.T.'s price.
I guess it's good then if Mike puts Crisis Force next to Legendary Wings in his collage of bad shooters in his review.
Game was already inflated to like $50 in online auctions, even though when I was looking for one it was only worth like $10 in Japan.
I've lost track of Zombie Nation, it's been increasing for awhile.

KingMike

ogo79

this isnt the first time ive heard mike matei made prices spike. ive had people tell me directly. ah well, it isnt his fault. i got my run saber for 14 $ flat.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

asl

Charge more? Are you serious? VC is waaaaaay overpriced as it is

asl

SofaKing

The reason you paid more is because you got a physical copy. Its a collector and there for its worth more in its physical state. A digital COPY does not warrant those ridiculous pricing. As a collector, I would gladly pay that for a physical game if its worth it. As you can't physically see the game to know if its in mint condition or not and since digital copies don't have any wear and abuse, its not as valuable as a physical copy. The OP's idea is unrealistic. Go home, your drunk.

PS: think of it like this, should a copy of the Mona Lisa be worth just as much or even half the price as the original? No. Should a replica Lamborghini still be worth the same price as a real one even if its a dang good replica? No. Get my point. The original is always gonna be worth more because its more valuable.

Edited on by SofaKing

Nintendo Network ID: Mitsudude

KingMike

I'm surprised people are still taking the topic seriously.

KingMike

GuSolarFlare

they should stop the VC entirely to then make temporary auctions on 100 copies of a single VC title starting at the humble price of $100!!!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Ryno

I can't believe @ogo79 would suggest something like this! Is he crazy? Has blowing into his cartridges finally blown his mind? Time to sell all your worthless plastic retro junk and buy a real system and become a hardcore gamer!

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

ogo79

SofaKing wrote:

your drunk.

thats nothing new

SofaKing wrote:

PS: think of it like this, should a copy of the Mona Lisa be worth just as much or even half the price as the original? No. Should a replica Lamborghini still be worth the same price as a real one even if its a dang good replica? No. Get my point. The original is always gonna be worth more because its more valuable.

i actually own the original mona lisa painting so if selling fake ones doesnt put any money in my pockets im not with that idea myself!
also its funny because i just bought a lamborghini as a late birthday present for myself and im can assure you theres no such thing as a replica. and all the women that have jumped in my car are original too.
hey you have a fabulous day over there

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

KingMike

But did you remember to buy insurance on your Lambourghini incase of drive-by Super Scoping?

KingMike

LordJumpMad

This thread is everything that's right with this world.
I should make T-Shirts saying "Older the game, the more you pay"

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

rolLTheDice

I also wanna be able to download at least two copies of one game.
For the price of three.
Desperately.

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

KingMike

They also need to have digital shrinkwrap so you can download it twice and have one to play and another to resell.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

They also need to have digital shrinkwrap so you can download it twice and have one to play and another to resell.

oh man, that. is. fantastic. really. this would give me the power to sell some of my vc games. i could sell a rare downloaded vc game to someone else for even more than i payed. you want it new though? bam! you can press a button and unwrap the shrink wrapping. consider yourself employed king michael.

the_shpydar wrote:

paburrows

I totally disagree with this topic, doing that would make Nintendo as horrible as Gamestop with their jacked up prices on Xenoblade and Metroid. If you pay tons of money for a game that's your choice, but don't expect others to have to do the same thing. Jacking up the prices keeps new people away from discovering a great game.

Friend Code: 1762 - 2853 - 4458
Store: http://room23store.blogspot.com/
Art Blog: http://paulburrows.blogspot.com/
My Birthday: November 3, 1975

GuSolarFlare

paburrows wrote:

I totally disagree with this topic, doing that would make Nintendo as horrible as Gamestop with their jacked up prices on Xenoblade and Metroid. If you pay tons of money for a game that's your choice, but don't expect others to have to do the same thing. Jacking up the prices keeps new people away from discovering a great game.

yeah instead of charging more, they should make the economy superinflate making even the smallest prices a pain to pay MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH this thread makes me think the weirdest stuff

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Eel

paburrows wrote:

If you hadn't noticed this thread is a-BRZZSST GREAT THREAD THAT SHOULD BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Nintenjoe64

I think Nintendo should give all Wii U early adopters a complete VC with unlicensed 3rd party games for sale. When the IP owners complain, Nintendo should just say it's not them doing it but they take copyright infringement seriously.

I want Lemmings on VC!!

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

TreesenHauser

I love Nintendo and everything, and I've never complained about the Virtual Console's pricing, but there's no way I would ever shell out that much for a "rare" download. There's no way I would pay $100-300 for what amounts to a Virtual Console title. If anyone submitted this to Nintendo for serious consideration, they're probably laughing at it too, because even they know that's a little extreme. I could see maybe paying $15 for the VC iteration of Ninja Gaiden Trilogy on SNES, considering that's three NES games in one, but that's about the extent of it. Anything more would result in me boycotting Virtual Console altogether.

People come up with ridiculous ideas like this, and y'all wonder why people go the ROM emulation route instead?

Add my Nintendo Life username on Wii U and Steam!

Currently playing: Mega Man 11, Star Fox, Breath of the Wild, Undertale

Switch Friend Code: SW-0182-7956-0123 | Nintendo Network ID: TreesenHauser | Twitter:

Ryno

I'm really glad to see this idea is spreading. I just filled out another Club Nintendo survey suggesting this strategy. I'm sure Nintendo will have this implemented before that unnecessary account system some people have been asking for.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.