Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 150cc once again ridiculously unfair

Posts 41 to 41 of 41

Kevlar44

ChrisT99 wrote:

How exactly do people get so good? I consider myself to be reasonably good at Mario Kart (especially 7 and 8; three stars on all 50 and 100cc on my first try) but I've always have trouble getting three stars on 150cc. What am I doing wrong?

On YouTube, people seem to beat 150cc easily. How do they do this?

On the newer games i found it is much easier to dominate if you have the lead right off the get go, so picking a car with good all around stats as opposed to just the fastest vehicle for me made the game much easier. In saying that the blue shells in MK7 are at times entirely absurd, and although they aren't DD ridiculous they seem to almost always happen on the 3rd lap, so you'll need a little bit of luck for 3 stars but it shouldn't be too bad (Although for some reason i found Daisy Cruiser to be very difficult compared to other tracks, i suspect a higher top speed would be very beneficial on that particular track). Also if you don't know the key to high level MK skills is really in the drifting boost and getting it as often as possible. The new games also have some pretty sneaky shortcuts, some of which are attainable with just a drift boost and jump (i.e. DK jungle Wii U).

Kevlar44

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.