Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 150cc once again ridiculously unfair

Posts 21 to 40 of 41

tebunker

if you ever do online/tournament there a separate speed and difficulty choices, so you can do 150cc with easy com racers or normal or hard com racers... I am willing to bet that single player is both 150 cc with hard racers.

tebunker

Eel

Xiao_Pai wrote:

.....Mario Kart 8 is a Virtual Console game now?

Maybe the OP is comparing the unfairness of 8 with the original? The title does include the word "again".

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Turnip

Moorpheel wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

.....Mario Kart 8 is a Virtual Console game now?

Maybe the OP is comparing the unfairness of 8 with the original? The title does include the word "again".

I'm pretty sure he's saying that 150 CC is unfair in every entry of the MK series.

I don't see how it's unfair, though. I won all of the 150 CC cups on my first or second try; I actually would've preferred it to be a bit more difficult.

Cringing is really fun.

mamp

I've handled every 150cc challenge thrown my way. Sounds like someone's making excuses for their lack of skill. Oh snaps no I didn't

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Dreamz

I think the OPs aggravation with 150cc is the same as my own - if I'm dominating the track and there's a gap between the 2nd place AI and the rest of the pack, it's fine, just be prepared for the blue shell that will hit you 3 out of four 4 races. But if the pack is right behind the 2nd place racer, prepare to be pinned down for around 10 seconds during the 2nd or 3rd lap as they somehow all manage to unload on you at once. It's really annoying.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

MrWalkieTalkie

Ha, I remember feeling like that back in Mario Kart Wii. But you know what? I pulled through! I kept at it again and again and eventually I actually managed to complete them! It's the classic Nintendo challenge, never give in to it! You can do it!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Kyloctopus

...and yet I was able to do this on my first try.
Untitled
Let me also address that I just randomly pick my car parts, and I usually use heavyweight characters, so you would think the odds are against me.
I'm either really lucky, or just have skill in the game.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Justlink

@kyloctopus the heavyweight characters have highest speeds dough

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

foodmetaphors

I'd like it a lot better if they changed it so that coins don't appear as items if you're already at 10

everything's good and it'll be that way forever!

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9105-7282 | Nintendo Network ID: FXM-729 | Twitter:

DefHalan

foodmetaphors wrote:

I'd like it a lot better if they changed it so that coins don't appear as items if you're already at 10

another NL poster gave me the idea to hold onto coins until the next item box in case I get hit and lose some coins

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Tasuki

So MK8 is a VC game now? Or are you talking about MK64 or the original MK?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

wilmz68

Yea....err....I still think most of you are missing the point of, HOW are you supposed to stay in first when all you get are coins? How do you avoid a flurry of shells heading at you RANDOMLY I might add, when you've just used up the only banana or shell you had left deflecting the first projectile. HOW do you avoid the blue shell when you don't have the super horn or mushroom? Cos these are all things that happen when you're racing like a champion in first on the final lap. The AI decides you're NOT gonna come first and there aint a damn thing you can do about it. And to those of you that find it "OH....SO EASY".....and wanna insult me and my comment by saying so. Have you had sex much lately?
Think I agree with the comment that it IS just a game to have fun with, and maybe not take it as seriously as I did in my first post. But dear oh dear oh dear.....IT'S SOOOOO FRUSTRATING I COULD TAKE A CHAINSAW TO A MARIO KART FANBOY GEEKS NECK! ;-D LOL

wilmz68

kkslider5552000

wilmz68 wrote:

Have you had sex much lately?

Are you kidding, they're so good they'll have sex and do Mirror Mode in Mario Kart AT THE SAME TIME.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

DefHalan

@wilmx68
The point of items in Mario Kart 8 is to keep people from gaining to much of a lead. How are you supposed to make items worthless for other player? you aren't. You are supposed to adapt to the items that are targeting you. Plus Red Shells are pretty easy to dodge, they will move into walls and such you just need to learn to lead them into other obstacles.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

jariw

wilmz68 wrote:

Wouldn't it be better for the gamer to be able to choose the actual speed (whatever CC) and THEN the difficulty of the AI?

The "VS Race" mode let you run with custom AI.

jariw

CapeSmash

150cc is brutal at times, but it's insultingly easy to 3 star a cup (on any cc for that matter).

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

micronean

eaglebob345 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Dreamz wrote:

My biggest gripe so far is the fact that if you're in 1st, you never get anything besides coins, greenshells, and bananas.

I have gotten Super Horn, Red Shells, and Mushrooms too while in first

I get red shells and super horns too. I am also enjoying that Nintendo decided to give some challenge in MK8. MK7 was a bit too easy for me.

Mario Kart is actually a really easy game. What makes it challenging/frustrating/replayable is the items. If not for the items, this game would be completed in about 3 hours.
Unless you are really interested in beating ghost times in Time Trial, there isn't much in this game that demands outright racing skill.

micronean

rbmoura85

its not unfair...when the cpu is in first place, they also get crappy items...you gotta remember that you are suposed to use itens defensevely while in first.

rbmoura85

foodmetaphors

DefHalan wrote:

foodmetaphors wrote:

another NL poster gave me the idea to hold onto coins until the next item box in case I get hit and lose some coins

yeah I already do that, but sometimes it's all I'll get for the majority of the race.

everything's good and it'll be that way forever!

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9105-7282 | Nintendo Network ID: FXM-729 | Twitter:

AccessibleDaydream

How exactly do people get so good? I consider myself to be reasonably good at Mario Kart (especially 7 and 8; three stars on all 50 and 100cc on my first try) but I've always have trouble getting three stars on 150cc. What am I doing wrong?

On YouTube, people seem to beat 150cc easily. How do they do this?

AccessibleDaydream

Switch Friend Code: SW-2307-0614-2423 | My Nintendo: Dj64Mk7 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.