Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 150cc once again ridiculously unfair

Posts 1 to 20 of 41

wilmz68

Ok, so while I love the game and know I'll be having lots of fun with it, with friends & family..........why oh why do Nintendo insist on making each "CC" not just about speed, but about the difficulty of AI as well.....which basically becomes "Unfair" and completely fixed when you crank it up to 150cc.

Wouldn't it be better for the gamer to be able to choose the actual speed (whatever CC) and THEN the difficulty of the AI?
Cos' seriously this 150cc is once again just an absolute joke. It just seems that its a lottery. You gotta keep playing and playing and playing and playing through endless frustration until maybe one day the AI decides to let you take those 3 stars or the gold. And won't get there because you've practiced.

Or I just wished they would call it like it is. 50cc - Easy, 100cc - Sometimes unfair, 150cc - No point

wilmz68

Jazzer94

Maybe you just aren't skilled enough and need to practice because I'm having no problems.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Gerbwmu

Isn't the point of playing video games to be challenged? 150cc has always been "Hard". That is what keeps you coming back to single player. If you could unlock everything in a few hours with no problems where would the challenge be?

Different point of view I suppose but I expect to be so frustrated with my inability to beat certain parts of a game that i turn it off for a few days and then come back to it in hopes that I can conquer it the next time.

Gerbwmu

Nintendo Network ID: TheGerbers

Captain_Toad

Have you took advantage of the new item system?

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

BenAV

I don't have any issues.
It only took 12 hours from when the game launched here for me to get three stars on 150cc and Mirror, so it really wasn't that difficult.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Aviator

I don't want to be near you when you find out about Mirror mode.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Uncle_Franklin

I remember complaining to a friend of mine that Mario Kart Wii was just random.

He said "If it's completely random, then how come I keep beating you?"

This simple logical point taught me a lesson.

Uncle_Franklin

Blast

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... I just hate when I'm in first and I keep getting hit OVER AND OVER. Lol

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Dreamz

My biggest gripe so far is the fact that if you're in 1st, you never get anything besides coins, greenshells, and bananas.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

Eel

I watched the gamexplain videos of the tracks, they played all the tracks on 150cc and he won all of the races (well, except toad's turnpike).

It looked easy.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JCnator

When I played Mushroom Cup on 50cc as Mario (Standard Bike + Standard Wheels + Parafoil) for the first time, I've practically destroyed the competition by having such a huge lead on the first three tracks. The final track had Morton (2nd place racer for that track) getting a red shell half of the times he crosses a item block, even went as far as another AI racer used a lightning right after a red shell was thrown. That put Morton right behind me at the end of 3rd lap. And yet I still managed to reach 1st place and earned 3 stars. There wasn't even any blue shell ever sighted during the whole cup. Maybe a similar overall flow could happen on higher difficulties albeit with a bit more of AI rubberbanding?

Edited on by JCnator

JCnator

steamhare

@morpheel
But toad's turnpike is the easiest to win...

..and my biggest gripe so far is that 1st place is so much safer than any other position. Any farther back is a crucible of shells, boomerangs, fireballs, bullet bills, stars, and bananas.

Edited on by steamhare

steamhare

DefHalan

Dreamz wrote:

My biggest gripe so far is the fact that if you're in 1st, you never get anything besides coins, greenshells, and bananas.

I have gotten Super Horn, Red Shells, and Mushrooms too while in first

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Joeynator3000

.....Mario Kart 8 is a Virtual Console game now?

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

eaglebob345

DefHalan wrote:

Dreamz wrote:

I have gotten Super Horn, Red Shells, and Mushrooms too while in first

I get red shells and super horns too. I am also enjoying that Nintendo decided to give some challenge in MK8. MK7 was a bit too easy for me.

eaglebob345

eaglebob345

wilmz68 wrote:

Ok, so while I love the game and know I'll be having lots of fun with it, with friends & family..........why oh why do Nintendo insist on making each "CC" not just about speed, but about the difficulty of AI as well.....which basically becomes "Unfair" and completely fixed when you crank it up to 150cc.

Wouldn't it be better for the gamer to be able to choose the actual speed (whatever CC) and THEN the difficulty of the AI?
Cos' seriously this 150cc is once again just an absolute joke. It just seems that its a lottery. You gotta keep playing and playing and playing and playing through endless frustration until maybe one day the AI decides to let you take those 3 stars or the gold. And won't get there because you've practiced.

Or I just wished they would call it like it is. 50cc - Easy, 100cc - Sometimes unfair, 150cc - No point

50cc is for fun. 150cc is for glory. 100cc is practice. The better you and your friends and family get, the more you'll enjoy 150cc. I do get where you are coming from, though. On the final stretch on rainbow road, after getting first place in the first three races, I got knocked into 3rd by a red shell. The coins as items are the only things making the game so much more annoying for the first place racer.

Edit: I think they let you chose difficulty and speed in free mode, if I'm not mistaken.

Edited on by eaglebob345

eaglebob345

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.