Wii U Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Kirby's Adventure

Showing 1 to 20 of 37

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

1. Posted:

Who's picking up Kirby's Adventure for .30 this month?

I have never played it so I am looking forward to getting this.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

2. Posted:

I bought it! Played it a bit and I have to ask; is it just me or is there a big input lag?

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

3. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I bought it! Played it a bit and I have to ask; is it just me or is there a big lag input?

Details Retro. What controller are using? Off TV play? etc.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

4. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I bought it! Played it a bit and I have to ask; is it just me or is there a big lag input?

Details Retro. What controller are using? Off TV play? etc.

I was using the gamepad. I was noticing the lag on my TV, not sure if it was apparent on the gamepad too. It's an HD TV from Sony.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveWarlock

5. Posted:

Of course there's lag. All VC games lag 1 frame(This is a problem with all emulations), PLUS you get another frame of lag on the gamepad itself. MOst gamers here i suspect have HDTV's that roughly lag about 2-3 frames, when you add it all together you're getting a laggy a** experience. It's why i avoid playing VC games on HDTV's and the gamepad. On a lag free tube TV you're getting only 1 frame of lag(again because these are emulations, other wise 0ms for the actual carts) total so the experience feels more on the dime. ;) There are probably only 2 or 3 people here actually play their Wii U on a Tube TV, so i shoudn't even be bringing it up. I avoid VC games on HDTV's like the noid! lol I only play them on a TUBE on the Wii.

BTW, kirby's Adventure aint all that. Easily one of the most overrated sidescrollers in NES-history.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Pikpikp

6. Posted:

Other than this weird white bar on the left of the screen, this is the 2nd best version of Kirby's Adventure.

Make sure to grab your umbrella, it's raining puns out there.
I'm so punny I should be sent to the state punitentiary.

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveWarlock

7. Posted:

Sensei_PikPik wrote:

Other than this weird white bar on the left of the screen, this is the 2nd best version of Kirby's Adventure.

3D: Classics being the best. ;) The 3D effect i found bumped up the fun & wow factor. Easily th best way to play it!

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

8. Posted:

and Waveboy just did a great job of convincing people to not buy this game. :D

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveWarlock

9. Posted:

Hahaha. I find myself getting pickier as i get older and spending my gaming time more wisley. :p This game just wasn't challenging enough and dare i say it lacks charm. People are just better off playing Return to Dreamland instead. And for those who have Adventure is going to feel like a waste. RTDL improves on it every single way, if there's anything rad about KA it's the Gameboy Dreamland level throwback and final boss battle.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Happy_Mask

10. Posted:

Love this one. Nightmare in Dreamland is my favorite Kirby game overall, but I love all versions of adventure. Made it to world 5, but I decided I should stop before I play through the whole thing. :P

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SheldonRandoms

11. Posted:

Even though I have this already on my Nes, i'm still gonna download this for 30 pennies (yeah, I just said 30 pennies)

SUPER SMASH CLASH: A MOBILE MULTIPLAYER PLATFORMER FIGHTING GAME FEATURING MR.RANDOMS AND LORDJUMPMAD!!! http://www.smashclashapp.com/

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeWii

12. Posted:

Was this the next release after Punch Out!! ?
This was one of them I was going to get that I hadn't played before. I will probably get Donkey Kong as well. Super Metroid is pretty tempting too!

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Happy_Mask

13. Posted:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Even though I have this already on my Nes, i'm still gonna download this for 30 pennies (yeah, I just said 30 pennies)

WAIT! I've already tried that, it's a facade I tell you! You insert the pennies into the disc drive, and the discs stop fitting and the E-Shop account stays at the same amount of money!

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SheldonRandoms

14. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Even though I have this already on my Nes, i'm still gonna download this for 30 pennies (yeah, I just said 30 pennies)

WAIT! I've already tried that, it's a facade I tell you! You insert the pennies into the disc drive, and the discs stop fitting and the E-Shop account stays at the same amount of money!

Best Bank Ever!

SUPER SMASH CLASH: A MOBILE MULTIPLAYER PLATFORMER FIGHTING GAME FEATURING MR.RANDOMS AND LORDJUMPMAD!!! http://www.smashclashapp.com/

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

15. Posted:

Kirby's Adventure is the first video game I ever beat.

KAABI : DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

love this game, can't wait to play it again

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Musterd

16. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Hahaha. I find myself getting pickier as i get older and spending my gaming time more wisley. :p This game just wasn't challenging enough and dare i say it lacks charm. People are just better off playing Return to Dreamland instead. And for those who have Adventure is going to feel like a waste. RTDL improves on it every single way, if there's anything rad about KA it's the Gameboy Dreamland level throwback and final boss battle.

You mean a waste of 30 cents? I already have the 3D Classic but i'm still looking forward to getting this.

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
My Miiverse: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/keithmc2
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Insidious

17. Posted:

Kirby's Adventure has sound issues. I can barely hear the game. I had to crank my TV's volume to the max just to hear the game loud and clear, except that it's not so clear, it sounds a little muffled. It's just this game. When I crank up the sound, the Wii U's system menu itself comes out loudly, but Kirby is just too quiet.

Also, I compared it to the Wii VC version and the Kirby's Dream Collection version, and I clearly saw the blur filter that runs over the Wii U version. I wish they would let us turn it off to see sharp HD pixels.

Insidious

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

18. Posted:

Kirby's Adventure is worth at least sixty cents. Talk about a sale!

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

19. Posted:

Ya, this game costs as much as a gumball and a nickel. I don't really see why anyone wouldn't get it unless they can't get funds on the eShop somehow. It's basically free, and these games were at least $20 back in the day which would equal $40 to todays standards or something...
I already have the game three times though, which was kind of on accident.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

brooks83

20. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Ya, this game costs as much as a gumball and a nickel. I don't really see why anyone wouldn't get it unless they can't get funds on the eShop somehow. It's basically free, and these games were at least $20 back in the day which would equal $40 to todays standards or something...
I already have the game three times though, which was kind of on accident.

These games were same price back then as they are today, so in today's standards they would be even more expensive. I remember most new NES games retailing for $49.99. A lot of SNES and Genesis games were even more than that. I remember paying $70 something for SNES Street Fighter II.

Edited on by brooks83

brooks83