Forums

Topic: GBA VC on Wii U

Posts 201 to 215 of 215

afro_insomniac

Yeah I played more of Yoshi's Island today and the game looks amazing with the smoothing filter on.

Great on the TV and gorgeous on the Gamepad.

Glad Nintendo went with this upgraded GBA version with all the bells and whistles rather than the original SNES version, and at the same price as a SNES game at that.

To comment about GBA VC games, I think Nintendo made the right choice to release these games on the Wii U. All of the GBA games I've played so far have worked wonderfully on the Gamepad. It feels like I'm playing on a Gameboy Advance XL. Add to the fact that I'm using the Gamepad again and more frequently because of these games, I feeling more compelled to play my Wii U while doing other things around the house. With the added smoothing filter these games look more polished than other VC games (really hope they add this feature into future titles).

Also, playing through these games on the Gamepad made me realize how much better the Wii U dpad feels compared to the dpad on the 3DS. The Gamepad's dpad has a smooth smooshy feeling that I much prefer over the small clicky one on the 3DS. Just something I noticed when switching over from SMB3 on the 3DS to the GBA games on the Wii U.

Edited on by afro_insomniac

afro_insomniac

Blast

I wanna see May and June's GBA VC lineup!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

LzWinky

Blast wrote:

I wanna see May and June's GBA VC lineup!!!

Maybe next month you'll see them

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

KingMike

afro_insomniac wrote:

Glad Nintendo went with this upgraded GBA version with all the bells and whistles rather than the original SNES version, and at the same price as a SNES game at that.

The audio on the GBA is George Lucas enough if they add more bells and whistles there will be riots!

KingMike

Ryno

Mega Man Battle Network 3 Confirmed for Wii U
"We are working on bringing this and other GBA titles to the North American Virtual Console," a Capcom spokesperson said. "We'll have more information about the lineup in the coming months. For Australia and Europe, we are still in discussions about the release of Virtual Console titles for those markets."
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/28/mega-man-battle-networ...

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

sub12

GoneFishin wrote:

I sure wouldn't call Yoshi's Island an upgraded version of the original. It's a straight conversion with some drawbacks due to the limitations of the GBA and a few enhancements like the six bonus levels, but they're the same thing at heart.

biglittlejake wrote:

I am exceedingly hoping for Minsh Cap coming to the Wii U Eshop.

I believe that this is already announced for at least one region. So I doubt the wait will be terribly long nor is there much concern that it won't appear here in North America.

Just a matter of a bit of patience, most likely.

I think M2 did a fine job with the conversion though, the colors pop more so, and the screen smoothing really matches the art style of the game and just works wonderfully. The closer view might get nagged on a bit, but honestly, Yoshi's Island is a slow paced platformer, it hardly makes a difference

As for the Minish Cap, it has already been announced for the Japanese Wii U VC in May 2014.

sub12

sub12

The Minish Cap, which was previously only available to early adopters of the Nintendo 3DS on the Nintendo eShop through the 3DS Ambassador Program, is set to launch next week on the Japanese Wii U eShop. The Minish Cap is one of several Game Boy Advance games that is set to be released on the Wii U eShop in the coming week, including Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Mario Tennis Advance, Wario Land 4, Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land, and Metroid Fusion. The games will be released on April 30th and will cost 702 yen per game.

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/2014/04/27/the-minish-cap-set-to...

sub12

KingMike

I'm sure you don't need to worry if Minish Cap is ever going to be released.
Probably going to be the same as localized. EU still get your buggy mulitlingual version and NA we get our fixed but anti-multilingual version.

702 yen? What's up with the odd pricing?

KingMike

Peach64

Fire Emblem launches in Europe tomorrow and is included in the Smash Bros sale with 30% off.

Peach64

cookiex

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Fire Emblem is coming to Europe Wii U VC tomorrow

Untitled

Cool. I have Sacred Stones on 3DS so this should be a nice companion piece for my Wii U.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

ogo79

bezerker99 wrote:

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon is hitting Japan's Wii U VC next week. Hopefully this means the rest of the GBA Castlevania's are on the way and that they'll be released in other regions.
Untitled

definitely better news then fire emblem. maybe this means i can keep the castlevania gba trilogy put away and play all 3 on wii u instead
its gonna come eventually anyways

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

bezerker99

ogo79 wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon is hitting Japan's Wii U VC next week. Hopefully this means the rest of the GBA Castlevania's are on the way and that they'll be released in other regions.
Untitled

definitely better news then fire emblem. maybe this means i can keep the castlevania gba trilogy put away and play all 3 on wii u instead

Hopefully it will get released in North America and other regions. This is all I can think about now. I really wish Nintendo would just go ahead and confirm this game in other regions. >:[

ogo79

bezerker99 wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

Untitled

Hopefully it will get released in North America and other regions. This is all I can think about now. I really wish Nintendo would just go ahead and confirm this game in other regions. >:[

interesting...
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/235593-jp-castlevania-circle-of-t...

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.