Forums

Topic: GBA VC on Wii U

Posts 121 to 140 of 215

SparkOfSpirit

Electricmastro wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

I think I'm pleased by the GBA titles and SMB3.

coughsupermarioadvance4cough

You need to take something for that cough. I recommend a healthy dose of Super Mario Bros 3

At this point, if they're release Super Mario Advance titles, will they also release Super Mario Advance 4?

If they do I hope it has all the e-reader levels.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Don

If only they announce Gamecube games on VC... Probably not until the next Nintendo console.

Don

Electricmastro

Don wrote:

If only they announce Gamecube games on VC... Probably not until the next Nintendo console.

Well, i'm pretty sure that Nintendo thinks that GameCube games are old enough to be remade at this point, as evidenced by:

Untitled

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

SCRAPPER392

GCN will probably go to VC, since GBA is. They were part of the same generation. Even the DS VC will technically be pushing beyond the time frame that is GCN.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Andyliini

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow has been rated by OFCL for release in Australia. This means that 3rd-party games are also coming for GBA VC.

Edited on by Andyliini

Dunno how I feel.

Nintendo Network ID: Andyliini | Twitter:

Samurai_Goroh

Isn't Japan getting Turbografx-16 on Wii U? Any chance we get it too? It was one of my favourite platforms on Wii VC.

Samurai_Goroh

baba_944

Despite me being highly against "Game Boy Advance" games on "Wii U", I still want to see "Sonic Pinball Party" on there, even though I don't own a "Wii U".

Who are you?

kkslider5552000

baba_944 wrote:

Despite me being highly against "Game Boy Advance" games on "Wii U", I still want to see "Sonic Pinball Party" on there, even though I don't own a "Wii U".

I imagine you doing the actual finger quotes for every one.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

ogo79

WiiULoveGBA wrote:

Anybody know what GBA games on WiiU will sound like exactly?

they will sound like the original gba games...just like all the other vc games for different systems...
please oh please dont expect more folks, please.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

baba_944

kkslider5552000 wrote:

baba_944 wrote:

I imagine you doing the actual finger quotes for every one.

No, I always put " " by companies names. titles of consoles , games, etc. It's proper.

Who are you?

DudeSean

ogo79 wrote:

WiiULoveGBA wrote:

Anybody know what GBA games on WiiU will sound like exactly?

they will sound like the original gba games...just like all the other vc games for different systems...
please oh please dont expect more folks, please.

I recall most GBA games having a "headphones" option so we should still at least have stereo.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

KingMike

And one of the "bitGenerations" games (a series of small games released at the end of its life and remixed for WiiWare) actually required that for its gameplay, I heard.

KingMike

brooks83

One thing about the GBA games on the VC that I don't see talked about is the fact that the games will have digital versions of the actual manuals. Why didn't they do this with all the other VC games?

brooks83

KingMike

File size probably.
If (like PSOne Classics on PSN) it's a scan of the original manual, that can add several megabytes to the size.
Or knowing Nintendo, laziness to go find a good copy of the manual, scan it and make it look nice.

(though perhaps with some of the RARE DOWNLOADS, finding a copy might be a problem.
Of course, it probably would be no problem for Nintendo to pay some ebay scalper, with their crazy BIN, $1500 for a Recca CIB if need be. )

KingMike

ogo79

oh my, look at this activity

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

JCnator

With the original manuals being digitized for GBA VC games, that could mean Nintendo wouldn't have to worry spending the time to rewrite the manual by scratch unless it originally contained some questionable content.

JCnator

KingMike

That's only GBA? So the instructions to Metroid won't mention He-Samus?

KingMike

Joeynator3000

Highly unlikely...but you guys think they'll localize Rhythm Heaven for GBA VC? (no clue what they'll call it, but yeah, this is the original Rhythm Heaven game)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Eel

DestinyMan wrote:

@brooks83: Indeed, I learned that the GBA games will have digital versions of the original manuals just now. That's so cool!

Untitled

This also means that the excellent WarioWare manual will grace the screen as well. My old one is all torn up and probably missing, so this is just so cool of Nintendo to do.

I still have have my manual for Wario Ware inc. Stickers and all.

That's funny, because I don't have the game itself anymore,

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

KingMike

Mizore wrote:

Highly unlikely...but you guys think they'll localize Rhythm Heaven for GBA VC? (no clue what they'll call it, but yeah, this is the original Rhythm Heaven game)

Not likely. Supposedly it would require quite a bit of work to localize.

KingMike

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.