Forums

Topic: GBA VC on Wii U

Posts 1 to 20 of 228

DudeSean

Nintendo has already said that GBA games are coming to the Wii U VC. I was thinking one of the coolest things they could do emulate the multiplayer with one player on the tv and a second on the gamepad. I know Nintendo doesn't have a history of fully implementing all the features in their VC releases, but it would still be pretty cool.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

Lzeon

I'm still trying to wrap my head around their existence in the first place...

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon Rank: S
Fates Castle ID: 15449-70849-36123-61987 (Revelation)
Smash characters: Yoshi, Shulk, and Corrin

My Sonyloggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Jazzer94

DarkwingLz wrote:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around their existence in the first place...

It still baffles me why Nintendo are so reluctant to put GBA games on 3DS but announce them for Wii U.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Mario90125

Nintendo, like always, are just utterly lazy and don't listen to their fans. Remember what happened to SMB3?

Fan of all things Earthbound and cartoons, mostly from Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and Disney XD.

Nickelodeon's Comeback (Finally!)

I also play Smash Bros. 3DS on a daily basis.

Nintendo Network ID: MarioOtaku350

Lzeon

Kawaii_Neko wrote:

Nintendo, like always, are just utterly lazy and don't listen to their fans. Remember what happened to SMB3?

So lazy that they release other games?

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon Rank: S
Fates Castle ID: 15449-70849-36123-61987 (Revelation)
Smash characters: Yoshi, Shulk, and Corrin

My Sonyloggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Mario90125

DarkwingLz wrote:

Kawaii_Neko wrote:

Nintendo, like always, are just utterly lazy and don't listen to their fans. Remember what happened to SMB3?

So lazy that they release other games?

Only VC games.

Fan of all things Earthbound and cartoons, mostly from Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and Disney XD.

Nickelodeon's Comeback (Finally!)

I also play Smash Bros. 3DS on a daily basis.

Nintendo Network ID: MarioOtaku350

DudeSean

Atariboy wrote:

To do multiplayer, the Wii U would have to be able to run two instances of the GBA emulator simultaneously. So if they ever follow through with their plans, it's going to rest on how efficient their emulation programming is. Hopefully it happens since it would be a perfect fit for the Wii U.

I agree. The Wii U should be capable enough to do it, but Nintendo's history makes it seem unlikely that they'd put the extra work into the VC.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

carlc

DudeSean wrote:

Atariboy wrote:

To do multiplayer, the Wii U would have to be able to run two instances of the GBA emulator simultaneously. So if they ever follow through with their plans, it's going to rest on how efficient their emulation programming is. Hopefully it happens since it would be a perfect fit for the Wii U.

I agree. The Wii U should be capable enough to do it, but Nintendo's history makes it seem unlikely that they'd put the extra work into the VC.

QFT
Nin could have had wii sports all online enabled when the original WII released, but we had to wait 7 years until that was even possible and now their charging twice as much as they should be for the privilege. Im a die hard nintendo fan but they've rarely went the extra mile to satisfy my need for retro online goodness.

3ds FC: 1134-7631-4695. Currently playing Pokemon Y
Wii U - NNID: craz-e-carl

64supermario

Yeah I don't see how a game like Pokemon Emerald would work on transferring data since the original method was to have a DS that had a GBA and DS port.

Boss Conquest and Epic Gamers on YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCr-BdNM7x84aTBodCXQNlOg Also Majora's Mask is the best game ever! Search your feelings you know it to be true!

Nintendo Network ID: 64supermario | Twitter:

alLabouTandroiD

I doubt they'd do that. But basically i'd only want to see that in competetive multiplayer anyway. I prefer to have my co-op on the same screen for the most part.

Edited on by alLabouTandroiD

no apple

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

skywake

Jazzer94 wrote:

DarkwingLz wrote:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around their existence in the first place...

It still baffles me why Nintendo are so reluctant to put GBA games on 3DS but announce them for Wii U.

I thought that it was maybe paving the way for some sort of cross-play. It would be odd if they didn't put GBA games on the 3DS eShop eventually.

NNID: skywake
Musics to set the tone: Think, Dance, Relax
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Lzeon

The Ambassador versions use the DS backwards compatibility though. I dunno about their general release

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon Rank: S
Fates Castle ID: 15449-70849-36123-61987 (Revelation)
Smash characters: Yoshi, Shulk, and Corrin

My Sonyloggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Undead_terror

It's good that GBA games is coming out on the wii u but they never said anything about the 3DS....well I got my own way of getting GBA games but I won't talk about that here.

Klimbatize

Undead_terror wrote:

It's good that GBA games is coming out on the wii u but they never said anything about the 3DS....well I got my own way of getting GBA games but I won't talk about that here.

I wonder what you could be talking about.

eBay?

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

DudeSean

Atariboy wrote:

If they released all their content as rapidly as the average Tom, Dick, and Harry around NintendoLife wishes they would, new 1st party additions to both platforms would already be finished.

And the problem with that would be...?

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

DudeSean

A. They could have a "Recommended for You" page on the Wii U eShop channel that shows games that you haven't purchased but are related to games you have.
B. Each VC game could still get a spotlight on the front page even if it was a game released a while ago.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

DudeSean

How would the VC be forgotten if there were constantly new reminders on the front page?

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

DudeSean

When did I say it was Nintendo's only goal to keep it front and center on the eShop page itself? I just said it would solve your little problem about people forgetting about VC titles. I mean, even now they're showcasing old VC releases on the eShop's front page.

Also, I don't think the Wii had that problem and they were releasing 3 games a week (for a while) AND they released games that weren't just NES and SNES. I mean, they could at the very least be releasing some Sega Master System or MSX games. I'm pretty sure that would fall into your category of "games that people wouldn't buy if awesome n64 games were available." Even now there are SNES games available, so why is anyone buying Golf, Tennis, Urban Champion or Clu Clu Land? (None of which I have bought, by the way.)

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic