Wii U Virtual Console Forum

Topic: The Unofficial Earthbound Thread

Showing 181 to 200 of 309

AuthorMessage

Ryno

181. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

@ogo79: Yeah when I first played it I just tried to cruise through it and I think I missed somethings then got my lunch handed to me at Fourside. I'm sure you know which part I ma referring too. I will play it a little differently on my U. Speaking of the Wii U, now that Earthbound is on it you going to get one?

yeah ill get one eventually. i can put my carts to rest even though my batteries are new. ill only get a wii u for virtual console.

What about Chronicles of Mystara?

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

ogo79

182. Posted:

@Ryno
yep, for d&d, all the other wii vc games to transfer, all the vc games that didnt show up on wii that will on wii u and this:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/07/nes_inspired_action_...

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

183. Posted:

hey guys what did I miss after a week-???!?!?!?!?WHAT

ok...this happened...

right when I decided to start playing/replaying ALL the games I reasonably could. Was hoping it'd be another month at least but oh well.

..um...to actually say something, I did play the game in like 2007. Not my favorite game ever or anything but despite the pacing it's still a great JRPG that completely deserves all the respect it gets just for being entirely its own thing.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Mizore

184. Posted:

Not that it matters much, but I found a change in what someone says in the game. Dunno if Nintendo did this through the entire game or not though. (its the guy in the tent in Threed, when you get the Zombie Paper)
EDIT: Or not, never mind. xD

Edited on by Mizore

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

Wonder_Groose

185. Posted:

I'm really enjoying this game more than I thought I would! Say, Fuzzy Pickles!
Untitled

You will obey Groose and bring me waffles!!!
Snorlax are weak to Camrys
Grooseloggery
"I don't suffer from insanity, i enjoy every minute of it" -unknown
My ultra manly theme for the manliest avatar competition

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2393-2290 | Nintendo Network ID: Groose_Lord

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

186. Posted:

EARTH BOUND: A STORY ABOUT THE WAR AGAINST GIYGAS!

Untitled

Backloggery. Now playing: Spyro: Year of the Dragon, Gex, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Final Fantasy V, and Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Sonic Classic Collection).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

brooks83

187. Posted:

Wow, this game came out with with hardly any hype from Nintendo. One of the most anticipated Nintendo re-releases in years and it just slips through the cracks. Unbelievable.

Oh well, at least it finally came out. It will be one of the first games I download when I get my Wii U.

Edited on by brooks83

brooks83

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

188. Posted:

brooks83 wrote:

Wow, this game came out with with hardly any hype from Nintendo. One of the most anticipated Nintendo re-releases in years and it just slips through the cracks. Unbelievable.

Oh well, at least it finally came out. It will be one of the first games I download when I get my Wii U.

The trailers weren't giving it enough hype?

Backloggery. Now playing: Spyro: Year of the Dragon, Gex, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Final Fantasy V, and Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Sonic Classic Collection).

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

189. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

The trailers weren't giving it enough hype?

I think he means that the game came out just as casually as any other VC release. The trailer is more enhanced than the others, but that more likely made the game look appealing to people that don't know what the game is.
It was kind of interesting what they did with the trailer. They made it seem like it wasn't even an older game, and treated it as a new release.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

ogo79

190. Posted:

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

191. Posted:

Your Name, Please

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

192. Posted:

Nintendo put the official player's guide is online!

http://earthbound.nintendo.com/playersguide/

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

193. Posted:

Wow thats handy. I have to ask though is there a way to access the guide if you are playing on the gamepad? If so how?

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

194. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Wow thats handy. I have to ask though is there a way to access the guide if you are playing on the gamepad? If so how?

It actually says on the main website itself that the guide is easily accesible on the Wii U GamePad controller. http://earthbound.nintendo.com/

Edited on by Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

Mizore

195. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

It actually says on the main website itself that the guide is easily accesible on the Wii U GamePad controller. http://earthbound.nintendo.com/

I think he meant while playing the game, I dunno if you can go to the browser while the game is running. (never used the browser, so yeah)

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

Beta

196. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

I think he meant while playing the game, I dunno if you can go to the browser while the game is running. (never used the browser, so yeah)

Yes, you can open the browser while playing without suspending the game at all. It will even suggest the game's name in Google search. (Not sure about Yahoo!)

Beta

Nintendo Network ID: beta4attack

AuthorMessage

Mizore

197. Posted:

Beta wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Yes, you can open the browser while playing without suspending the game at all. It will even suggest the game's name in Google search. (Not sure about Yahoo!)

Oh, I think people were expecting that they would be able to look at the guide on the pad AND play the game on the TV at the same time without pausing. (would be awesome, lol)
It kinda confused me at first what people were talking about before.

AuthorMessage

Emaan

198. Posted:

@Erica_Hartmann, I was confused on that as well :O

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

199. Posted:

Yeah sorry for the confusion. What I meant is being able to access the guide on the game pad while playing the game on the game pad when the tv is in use. My Wii U is hooked up to the same tv that my Xbox 360 is on. My son has been playing Assassin's Creed II alot lately, so I have been mostly playing Earthbound on the Gamepad.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

200. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Yeah sorry for the confusion. What I meant is being able to access the guide on the game pad while playing the game on the game pad when the tv is in use. My Wii U is hooked up to the same tv that my Xbox 360 is on. My son has been playing Assassin's Creed II alot lately, so I have been mostly playing Earthbound on the Gamepad.

LOL I love how the older person plays a "child's game" while the younger person plays an "adult's game". In all seriousness, yes, you can use the Wii U internet while playing Earthbound. Just press home while you're playing and then internet, and there you go.

Edited on by Electricmastro