Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Earthbound Thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 311

e-love

Why does Nintendo use wording like "download the player's guide so you can view it on the Wii U GamePad with convenience while you play" when you can view it only on the internet browser, or am I mistaken?

Because you can't use the internet browser while you play.

Also: Everyone listen to this beautiful orchestral rendition of "Because I Love You" to celebrate~

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

SchamMan89

So far I've not noticed any differences.

SchamMan89

e-love

Most of the music that would have theoretically needed to have been changed doesn't show up until much later in the game. So we probably won't know for a while.

Though two early ones that are often pointed out exist in the naming of your characters screen and the battle with Franky, and apparently those remain the same. So who knows

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Ryno

Tasuki wrote:

Emaan wrote:

The strategy guide was such a big part of the original if I remember correctly, so it's nice that Nintendo is including it <3

Can't wait to play this

Iirc the game went for $60 due to the strat guide rather than the usual $40. It was nice to have but it wasn't really that big of a part of the game.

I got to agree with @Emaan on this, I used the Guide and I think it truly enhances the experience because the Guide was so well done.

Tasuki, I think when the game came out it was $70 like most of the big SNES RPG's of the time.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Tasuki

@Ryno: Whoa a Ryno return. Let that show you how big EB coming to the VC is. I hope that you are enjoying fatherhood.

As for the price I am not one hundred percent but I dont remember any RPGs being $70. Heck even Chrono and FF III were only $40 at the stores I got them at. Maybe it was a regional thing? I do remember though that EB was a bit more cause of the guide.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Ryno

@Tasuki: Definitely enjoying fatherhood, thank you. Looking forward to when he can play some Nintendo.

So you don't remember $70 SNES games? Here is the poster included with Final Fantasy III where Square MSRP is shown 69.00 for Final Fantasy II..

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Tasuki

@Ryno: Honestly I dont. But I am not sure if that was the store price that looks like the price you would pay by ordering through Squaresoft. Again maybe it was a regional thing? I can't say that about Final Fantasy II cause I got that for Christmas so I don't know what my parents spent on that game.

I do know that Final Fantasy III was only $40 were I bought it at (which was Target) cause that year I got $50 for my birthday which was a few weeks after FFIII came out in NA and I bought the game then, unless it was on sale that I am not remembering. But I can't see it being on sale for $20 less just a few weeks after release.

My Backlog

Tasuki

@Ryno: Yeah but that was because of the strat guide being included? Wasn't it.

Oh and I forgot to say about your comment on being able to play Nintendo with him. That will be one of the best days of your life trust me on that. Even to this day when my son and I play a game together it makes it a great day.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

iwanttodie

Teen. What.

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND ...

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

Ryno

@Tasuki: Yeah man, I am done trying to convince you. LOL I know some SNES games were in the $70's. I think Turtles N Time and WWF Royal Rumble were because I remember saving up forver for those.

KaiserGX wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

A lot of games, mostly RPGs were around this price. FF on NES was around $70. NES was average of $45-60. FF3 was $80.

Glad KaiserGX agrees with me.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Tasuki

Ryno wrote:

@Tasuki: Yeah man, I am done trying to convince you. LOL I know some SNES games were in the $70's. I think Turtles N Time and WWF Royal Rumble were because I remember saving up forver for those.

KaiserGX wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

A lot of games, mostly RPGs were around this price. FF on NES was around $70. NES was average of $45-60. FF3 was $80.

Glad KaiserGX agrees with me.

I honestly dont remember games costing that much. And I think it might be a regional thing or something cause I asked a buddy of mine who grew up with me and he doesn't remember no SNES costing more then $40 unless it was a special one like Earthbound that came with a guide.

My Backlog

Ryno

@Tasuki: Dude, I am trying to walk away from this conversation but you keep tempting me to show more proof of the pricing of Super Nintendo games. $40.00 was a budget price for a game like Final Fantasy Mystic Quest.
Advertisement:
Untitled
Game Box with special "introductory price seal"
Untitled

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Tasuki

@Ryno: Lol you can show me all the proof in the world, and I dont remember SNES games being that much. I am not calling you out man or trying to one up you as I said I just don't remember maybe they were and for some reason I am blocking it out lol. Even back in the PS one era I remember games maybe costing $50. For some reason I remember games starting to cost $60 on the PS2 and Xbox.

My Backlog

KaiserGX

PS games where cheaper because they were on CD. Really though games costed that much, I live in the US. I remember Kirby Super Star being at a special price at Target for $40 dollars. N64 games were I think $50-60, some going for $70. Mario 64 and Pilowings 64 at launch was $70. Some stores did lower prices for competition. But the MSRP was that much. Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 was like $70-80. I remember because I always looked at it at the stores and said, "this is what rich people play" lol.

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

Joeynator3000

Shadowing wrote:

Teen. What.

That's ESRB for ya, lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Tasuki

So to get things back on track here. I have just made it to Twoson (Love the number names that all the towns have in this game). Really bringing back the memories playing this game again. I especially love it on the gamepad.

My Backlog

ogo79

i tried to tell everyone it was coming to wii u.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.