Wii U Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Double Dragon Coming Out For Both Wii U and 3DS This Thursday

Showing 1 to 20 of 39

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

1. Posted:


So, apparently, Double Dragon is coming out for both the Wii U and the 3DS on the same day. Also, within this past week, the Wii U and 3DS eShops got connected. Could it be, that Double Dragon will be our first cross-buy game for the Wii U / 3DS? I think it would be a big incentive for 3DS owners to purchase a Wii U if they could download all the games that they already bought on the 3DS onto the Wii U. But, knowing Nintendo, they're probably not going to change the rules for the games that are already released and will only do this going forward, if at all.

What do you guys think?

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ogo79

2. Posted:

i think they need to release dd 1 and dd 2 arcade on wii u, thats what i think

ceo of the rare downloads program-"spend yer money on us"
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

3. Posted:

Okay, well, nevermind. Apparently if you want the game on both systems they expect you to pay full price for the same game twice. Maybe another year...

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Super_Gravy

4. Posted:

I don't want to wait for another year! I WANT IT NOW! I am wondering if Sony making any money off "cross-buy" because in theory you just losing half of your income if you get what I am saying.

Umm… Care to have some gravy?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

5. Posted:

Yeah, I get what you're saying. But how many people are going to pay full price for the same game more than once? Let alone on the same day. At the very least they could offer the ~80% discount that they offer when you buy a game on Wii U that you already bought on the Wii Shop Channel. I'm sure more people would be willing to buy the game again at a discount price than to buy the game again for full price.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

6. Posted:

YOu know I dont understand people's argument of cross-buy games. (Sorry if I come off a little rude here I am not trying to so if I do I apologize). I mean I understand that people want to be able to buy the game once that I get, but why do they think that it should care over from system to system. I honestly have never seen so many people complain about this until everything started going digital.

Take Super Mario Bros for example. I got the game for the original Nintendo back in 1985. So does that mean that Nintendo should give me a free copy or a discount every time they release it for another system. I have bought it on the SNES, 3DS VC, Wii VC, and the Wii Disc and honestly it didn't bother me that I had to pay for it again because I was getting it on a different system. Same goes with Mega Man I can't even think of how many times I bought those games on different systems.

I apologize if I am going of track here but I just trying to figure this out.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Unca_Lz

7. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

Yeah, I get what you're saying. But how many people are going to pay full price for the same game more than once? Let alone on the same day. At the very least they could offer the ~80% discount that they offer when you buy a game on Wii U that you already bought on the Wii Shop Channel. I'm sure more people would be willing to buy the game again at a discount price than to buy the game again for full price.

Historically, they have paid full price multiple times ;)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

8. Posted:

@Tasuki Well, I certainly wasn't offended, but I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. It's one thing to buy the same game for different systems over a period of several years. But, like in this case for example, the game was released digitally for both systems on the same day after the two eShops were connected. And when you buy the same game on the eShop that you already bought on the Wii Shop Channel, you do get a discount for that. So, Nintendo sort of set the standard on that, yet now they are not continuing that trend after connected the Wii U eShop to the 3DS eShop, like they did when they connected the Wii Shop Channel with the Wii U eShop.

@DarkwingLz Some people, yes. I guess the issue would be, would Nintendo make more money if more people bought the game twice with one of them being at a discounted price or if less people bought the game twice at full price? Like, how big of a difference would there be between how many people in each category.

Personally, I think it would be an incentive for 3DS owners to purchase a Wii U if they knew they could download the games that they already bought on the 3DS onto their new Wii U, rather than having to start from scratch, which would potentially help 3DS owners become Wii U owners. Of course, Nintendo would have to promote that on the 3DS somewhere.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

9. Posted:

@DudeSean: Ok let me see if I can explain it better. You buy Double Dragon on the 3DS eshop but want a discount on the Wii U eShop. Thats like me going into Gamestop buying a copy of say Assassin's Creed IV on the Xbox 360 then asking them to give me a discount on the Wii U version. I hope that explains it better. I just dont get that when people buy something digitally they think that they should get if free or cheaper every time they rebuy it.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

10. Posted:

I expect to get a discount because I'm buying the same game from the same place (Nintendo eShop). The reason I expect this is because Nintendo themselves set this system up with the Wii Shop Channel / Wii U eShop. I would not expect a discount if I were to buy the same game for both a Nintendo console and a playstation console. It's the same reason why playstation owners would expect to get the same game for free on the ps vita after buying the game for the ps3. Do you understand now why someone would expect to get a discount?

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

11. Posted:

Because Sony does it and everyone needs to follow.

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Super_Gravy

12. Posted:

@Tasuki: I totally understand you that we always pay a full price especially for Star Wars movies. Let's be honest, how many times Star Wars movies released on different formats? But the problem is that the era is almost over since the Steam, Sony's Cross-buy, Apple iTune, DVD/Blu-ray combo pack and etc. Steam got SteamPlay which mean no matter which OS or hardware you got and you can play that game. Sony's Cross-buy is when you buy one copy of the game and you got an different version copy of the game. Apple got an iTune song that can sold in DRM and DRM and if you brought it in DRM then you are eligible to get DRM-free at a discount price. Now we can buy DVD, Blu-ray, 3D Blu-ray, and digital copy for price of one. Even Nintendo promoting discount prices for Wii U VC games if you got it on your Wii.

My point is that everyone got spoiled by this generation and it is becoming an standard so everyone expect things to be available for both PC and Mac or DVD and Blu-ray, and etc.

Umm… Care to have some gravy?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Super_Gravy

13. Posted:

@Ryno: Pretty much that what going on today. And believe it or not but Sony is not an first to do this.

Umm… Care to have some gravy?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

14. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

I expect to get a discount because I'm buying the same game from the same place (Nintendo eShop). The reason I expect this is because Nintendo themselves set this system up with the Wii Shop Channel / Wii U eShop. I would not expect a discount if I were to buy the same game for both a Nintendo console and a playstation console. It's the same reason why playstation owners would expect to get the same game for free on the ps vita after buying the game for the ps3. Do you understand now why someone would expect to get a discount?

Does that same logic work for Microsoft with Windows and Xbox?

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Super_Gravy

15. Posted:

@DefHalan: Not really but the logic does work for the game "Game Room" by Microsoft. If you buy one game (or add-on depending on your view) on Xbox 360 or PC then you will get it other system. If other games got this logic beside "Game Room" then I do not know any.

Umm… Care to have some gravy?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

16. Posted:

@DudeSean: I get it but it just doesn't make sense to me thats all. I mean I bought my copies of Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 2 and Super Mario Bros 3 from a store. Then years later I bought Super Mario All Stars from the same store, so should I have asked the clerk for a discount? (Not trying to give you a hard time I am just trying to explain my thoughts better).

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

17. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@DudeSean: I get it but it just doesn't make sense to me thats all. I mean I bought my copies of Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 2 and Super Mario Bros 3 from a store. Then years later I bought Super Mario All Stars from the same store, so should I have asked the clerk for a discount? (Not trying to give you a hard time I am just trying to explain my thoughts better).

I understand your point of view. I never had a hard time understanding your point of view, just not why you didn't understand mine. You are the one who told me you didn't understand my point of view, but I think now you do, so there you go.

Honestly, it seems to me like you're like the people that think that Earthbound on VC should cost hundreds of dollars. You think that since you had to pay full price for the game multiple times that everyone else should have to, too. Well, times are changing, man. Technology is advancing.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

18. Posted:

@DudeSean: Acutally I paid regular price for my Earthbound on the SNES, but thats cause I bought it when it first released. B-). I dont think that people should pay hundreds of dollars for a VC game thats just nuts.

I guess its just a generation thing that I am having the hard time grasping thats all not your point of view. Thats all. When a new standard is set I guess people just expect that to become the norm that's all. I guess you are just use to one standard and I am use to another that's the best way of explaining it.

EDIT:Oh wait ok I think I get it just hit me. What you are talking about is like how Amazon handles ebooks on a Kindle. Right? If I buy for example The Hobbit on the Kindle store I can read it on my Kindle, on my phone with a Kindle app, on my computer etc and I dont have to buy it for each device. Ok that makes sense now dur dur dur. Yeah if the eshop is unified I dont see why Nintendo can't do the same.

Edited on by Tasuki

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingMike

19. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Take Super Mario Bros for example. I got the game for the original Nintendo back in 1985. So does that mean that Nintendo should give me a free copy or a discount every time they release it for another system. I have bought it on the SNES, 3DS VC, Wii VC, and the Wii Disc and honestly it didn't bother me that I had to pay for it again because I was getting it on a different system. Same goes with Mega Man I can't even think of how many times I bought those games on different systems.

Imagine an alternate world where SNES had backwards compatibility, and Nintendo was like "oh, your SNES can play that NES cart you own, but since you want to play that on another system, we think you should pay again to unlock it".
(okay, maybe that isn't the best example of what I'm getting it. Maybe if I said buying a 3DS game card to play on a 3DS and then being locked from using it on a 3DS XL is a better analogy.)
Okay, they'd argue with WiiU and 3DS you could play two copies at once, thus they should get two sales, BUT WHO IS GOING TO?

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

20. Posted:

@Tasuki Yep. You got it. And just an fyi, I wasn't saying that you ARE one of those people, I was saying that I thought that you were LIKE one of those people, because I thought that you thought that since you paid for the same game for full price more than once that other people should have to, just like how those other people thought that since they paid hundreds of dollars for their copy of Earthbound that other people should have to as well.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean