Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 281 to 300 of 27,917

GameInfinite

Excited about Super Smash Bros. coming to the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS? You might not want to hold your breath. Though the projects have been announced, development has started, particularly considering franchise creator Masahiro Sakurai is looking for details on the past game,Brawl.

Despite the fact that the games are on early development, Nintendo global president Satoru Iwata chatted with Sakurai about his plans and thoughts about the next Smash Bros. games.

According to a translation by Andriasang, Sakurai mentions discussions about new Smash Bros. titles began as soon as Super Smash Bros. Brawl was released three years ago. Iwata mentioned he was eager to give fans a Smash Bros. title on the Nintendo 3DS, but hesitated to keep pushing Sakurai back onto the series. As a result, Kid Icarus Uprising began production.

Despite the fact that Uprising was already in the works, Iwata and Sakurai settled that Smash Bros. 3DS would be the second major title for Sakurai's newly-formed "Project Sora" studio. Hilariously, Nintendo's strict secrecy prevented anyone inside of Sora, aside from Iwata and Sakurai, from being told about the game. When Iwata told Sakurai about Wii U, he intended to ask the creator to consider whether he would develop for Nintendo's new home console or portable. Sakurai knew it was necessary to do both.

Sakurai has only started to assemble his thoughts on the next Smash. Bros titles. According to the translation, he doesn't feel a simple extension of Melee and Brawl will work. In other words, Sakurai doesn't want to simply expand stages and character counts, or enhance the graphics and call it a day. That was one of the reasons he didn't simply walk away from a 3DS-based Smash Bros. and work with Wii U.

Currently Sakurai's thought process is focused on the notion that a portable experience is a more personal one. Only one player is likely to be using a portable system, and it might be interesting to allow that player to customize Smash Bros. fighters on the 3DS, which could then be brought over to the larger world of a home console Smash Bros. Sakurai's thinking is that an element of communication between the two versions will make both better.

A big discussion point amongst IGN staff, as well as readers, is the balance of characters. Some, like Meta Knight, seem incredibly overpowered compared to others. Sakurai noted in his discussion with Iwata that in the past he has done all of the balancing personally. He plans to involve his staff much more for these future installments.

The foundation of the 3DS and Wii U Smash Bros. titles has yet to be established. Sakurai noted he would use Super Smash Bros. Brawl as a starting point and move on from there.

There you have it - some early details on the next two Super Smash Bros. games.

Edited on by GameInfinite

Unlocked everything for Smash 3DS!
NNID:CokeAlign
N3DS FC- 4313-2337-0977

Adam

Thanks. Not really much in the way of new information, but always good to know they haven't forgotten about the project.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

misswliu81

very interesting news

this is my revised character roster

bowser
captain falcon
diddy kong
donkey kong
falco
fox
ike
king dedede
kirby
link
lucario
lucas
luigi
mario
meta knight
ness
olimar
peach
pikachu
pit
pokemon trainer
samus
toon link
wario
sheik
yoshi

nintendo characters that need to be added

toad- super mario bros
captain rainbow
Anthony riggs- metroid other M
little mac- punchout
isa- sin and punishment: star successor
shulk- xenoblade chronicles
elza- the last story
starfy- legendary starfy
a new version of the fighter from urban champion
max and sami- advance wars
custom robo
loto- dragon quest
commander kahn -elite beat agents
john raimi- geist
isacc- golden sun
professor layton
Magnus - kid icarus uprising
dark pit
paulutena - see above
krom- fire emblem: awakening
Roy - see above
custom mii

3rd party characters

sonic (sega)
megaman (capcom)
solid snake (konami)
raphael- rhythm thief (sega)
viewtiful joe (capcom)
roddy- top hunter: roddy and cathy (snk)

Edited on by misswliu81

misswliu81

EvilRegal

I'll be in dire need of another Kid Icarus fix by the time SSB comes out. Will require multiple KI: Uprising characters, hopefully as main fighters. Pit, Palutena, Hades, Viridi, Pyrrhon, Magnus... Of course if Sakurai wants to skip SSB in favor of Kid Icarus Wii U, I'm fine with that... Um, why is everyone looking at me like that? NO, PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!!! Runs away screaming bloody murder

Edited on by EvilRegal

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

Jakor

Hey guys, you should really check this out: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14277009#post1427...

It's a little program I made in order for fans of Super Smash Bros. to make their own rosters easily, and posting their images online. I've received a lot of positive reactions so far from those who have tried it. And you know, it's better to see a roster than to read one, so... yeah.

Here is a link to the program if you want to download it right away: http://www.mediafire.com/?qbz43n2bg5bbbsh

Here is my personal roster (made with my program). The red characters are unlockables, and the blue ones are starters.

Untitled

Edited on by Jakor

The Super Smash Bros. Roster Maker:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14277009#post14277009

Tomatoboxer

Personally, I don't need much in the way of new characters. There's already a huge number. Still, I'd really like to see Prince Fluff and a Patchland stage.
I think instead of just different colours, it would be nice if the different character skins were actually different characters. For instance, Peach could have a Rosalina skin. This would mean less clone characters on the menu, as you could just select the alternate skin. It would also allow for a greater number of Nintendo stars without needing to make a bunch of new movesets.
In the way of new items (something that isn't really discussed), I'd like to able to use an Ultra Hand to punch my opponents from across the stage. It seems goofy enough to fit into the Smash Brothers universe.Also, I would like Toy Koopas from Mario World to pick up and throw.

Tomatoboxer

thesmorganator

Created my own roster, but I'm not sure how to get it on here.

EDIT: When I save the Image, I can't seem to acess it.

Edited on by thesmorganator

currently playing: Nintendogs + catsPilotwings resortPikmin 2

games I have 100% completed

Kirby mouse attack

Link Mah Boi~

Squadalah~~ We're off!

My youtube channel

[CENTER][url=http://www.no...

Jakor

thesmorganator wrote:

Created my own roster, but I'm not sure how to get it on here.

EDIT: When I save the Image, I can't seem to acess it.

Be sure to click on the "Save Image" button in the bottom right corner. There, you save it in a folder. The image will then be created in that folder and should be accessible.

Arcanum

It definitely needs to have Shulk from Xenoblade.....

Currently playing:
3DS: KI: Uprising
Wii: Xenoblade Chronicles
"Heh, heh... Thanks... You're nice. Umm... Can I ask... a question? Your friends... What kind of... people are they? I wonder... Do these people... think of you...as a friend?"

SonyFACE

8GB wrote:

Mr. Ford (The Conduit)

THAT would be awesome! He could replace Snake.

Charter Member of SonyLife.
Nintendo and Sony for the win, Microsoft ehh.
Psalm 51.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5840-8779 | Nintendo Network ID: SonyFACE

Jakor

I'm working on the third version of the SSB Roster Maker. It should be ready in two or three weeks, and there'll surely be some new character icons by then.

On a side note, what do you guys think about Sony's All-Stars Battle Royale?

Adam

Looks all right so far, but they haven't shown much, that I've seen. Need to see more. Having throw assigned to the right stick sounds like a bad idea to me, but I never used the C-stick for smashing and I know others did. The stages look cool, though I wish they had pits to fall in like Smash. The emphasis on platforming and recovering is what makes Smash unique, moreso than its roster. There are other all-star games and were before.

Come on, friends,

shingi_70

Zelda/whisk would be replaced with zelda/impa

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

ItsFuzzyPickles

Hi Jakor, I'm SSBF from Smashboards.

BTW, you might want to add Genesect and Meloetta image (tell Oasis_S to make one since Sage of Ice's one won't work).

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

Jakor

Hello, nice to see you here.

Yeah, I'll add as much images I can, I also have a few from other people as well. They will be included in the third version.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Looks like the juicy information is starting to spill out.

Sakurai stated in a tweet that got deleted that two of Mega Man, Isaac, and Geno would be in. Whenever or not he's trolling us remains to be seen, but if true, I'm willing to bet on Mega Man getting in and Isaac looks more likely than ever.

Although this also makes Geno a possibility, which I like.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

Adam

That link just directs you to a forum, not a specific post. Claiming something was in a deleted tweet is something anyone could do without evidence possible one way or the other, anyway.

Come on, friends,

Aviator

Gaga stated in a tweet that got deleted that she will be in. Whenever or not she's trolling us remains to be seen, but if true, I'm willing to bed on Gaga getting in more likely than ever.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

shingi_70

Didn't the game just start active devlopment 4 months ago. And why would samurai leak on twitter something that will probably have a trailer next week.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic