Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 981 to 1,000 of 1,935

AuthorMessage

Ecto-1

981. Posted:

@Kid_A
I understand the concept perfectly. I was only referring to menus like the file selection screen and the map/inventory screens. Sorry for the confusion. It just doesn't feel as comfortable as games that do require you to point at the screen. It feels fine in the actual gameplay (selecting items aiming,and what not), I just don't like navigating the menus with it. It just feels too sluggish and has a bad tendency to get out of sync.

Edited on by Ecto-1

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

982. Posted:

Ohh, I see. Yeah, now that you mention it, the menu screen is always a little wacky for me. I just almost never use that screen, so it hasn't been a big problem for me :p

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Mizore

983. Posted:

**SPOILERS**
...Was it just me, or did that Tentalus or whatever remind me of Monsters Vs. Aliens or something for some reason? xD

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

jpfan1989

984. Posted:

I need help, in the first dungeon after I raise the water level I have no clue what to do next.

3DS:: 1805 2437 5220
Nintendo Network ID PhoenixFalconer

AuthorMessage

C-195

985. Posted:

Yes! It comes out today down under, I'll be getting it on Saturday. :D

C-195

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

986. Posted:

jpfan1989 wrote:

I need help, in the first dungeon after I raise the water level I have no clue what to do next.

In the big room you just left to go into the smaller room to raise the water level, check under the bridges. ;)

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

987. Posted:

Music question to those who've played deeper into the game. Are there remixes of songs from past Zelda titles as you progress in the game? I know about the traditional house theme, Beedle's shop, and item/heart get jingles. Just curious what I have to look forward to later on! :)

Brony since 7/28/11
Fluttershy is best pony!!!
"Once Upon a Time" fan, and Evil Regal.
Lana Parrilla is sexiest woman alive!
FluttershyGuy on Nintendo Network. 3DS Friend Code 5241-1915-3356.

AuthorMessage

Link79

988. Posted:

I hope the original Zelda's overworld theme is in there somewhere.
That theme should be in every game. :)

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

Mizore

989. Posted:

FluttershyGuy wrote:

Music question to those who've played deeper into the game. Are there remixes of songs from past Zelda titles as you progress in the game? I know about the traditional house theme, Beedle's shop, and item/heart get jingles. Just curious what I have to look forward to later on! :)

I haven't noticed anything yet...didn't the developers say something about the music having easter eggs hidden within them? Like the whole main theme played backwards thing?

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

jpfan1989

990. Posted:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

jpfan1989 wrote:

In the big room you just left to go into the smaller room to raise the water level, check under the bridges. ;)

wow, shows just how observant I am, ran around that room a houndred times and never saw it lol. thanks a mill, hopefully i wont have anymore trouble.

3DS:: 1805 2437 5220
Nintendo Network ID PhoenixFalconer

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

991. Posted:

jpfan1989 wrote:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

jpfan1989 wrote:

wow, shows just how observant I am, ran around that room a houndred times and never saw it lol. thanks a mill, hopefully i wont have anymore trouble.

I know. I wanted to scream too. It took me forever. And those spiders really know how to piss someone off, lol.

Digitally Downloaded.

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

992. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

The thing you have to understand with the menus in this game is that you don't point--you move your arm/wrist in the direction of the desired item. I think the game should have made that clearer, it seems a lot of people are having trouble with it. I only knew how to do it because I remember Miyamoto saying it at the E3 reveal.

I've tried holding the wiimote vertical/horizontal and twisting/flipping/flicking any way I can and it's still not working properly for me. I've just started using the nunchuck now. Does it always work for you? Because I think the menus selection is flawed as hell.

For the record, item selection works flawlessly for me so I have no idea why menu selection doesn't.

EDIT: yay post #1000. Oh and I'm only referring to menu selections with 4 options. Screens with 2 options work fine.

Edited on by citizenerased

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage

BenAV

993. Posted:

I've never had any problems with any menus so far.
Oh well.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

994. Posted:

How do you hold and move it? Parallel to the ground, twisting around its axis? "Moving" it up down/up/left/right as if using the pointer? Holding it like an umbrella like in the item selection, twisting it clock-wise?

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

995. Posted:

The menus are the last thing wrong with this game.

Digitally Downloaded.

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

996. Posted:

Spoilers for those who aren't done with dungeon 3 yet.

Only now, more than 20 hours in, do I appreciate the Sheikah stones and the rumours they give you. I love the subtlety of playing the harp near butterflies to get rumours about the world. It reminds me of the fishes in Wind Waker. I'm also surprised at how vast Skyward Sword ended up being, it's probably the size of Twilight Princess but with just a lot less emptiness.

AuthorMessage

Link79

997. Posted:

I just started the third Dungeon but getting there was quite a pain. All that quicksand and those irritating electric snail/crab things were hard to avoid. This place is somehow fun but annoying at the same time.
I do like the change from previous games where the areas leading to the dungeons are now almost dungeons themselves.
Instead of just a big empty overworld with a few enemies running around.
Well I'm off to complete the third dungeon. Looks like this'll be interesting.

Edited on by Link79

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

Faron

998. Posted:

I have played almost 60 hours, and starting to be at the end. This is one of the best games ever, even though it starts to get really interesting only after the third dungeon (which is not to say it's great even before it). The graphics are the most beautiful stuff on the Wii and the soundtrack is among the best of the series, once it grows on you. The combat system is absolutely the best in the series, and you can actually die a lot in this game. The boss battles are really intense and challenging. Even the lack of night/day cycle other than in Skyloft when sleeping is starting to feel insignificant.

Faron

AuthorMessage

Burny

999. Posted:

Link79 wrote:

I do like the change from previous games where the areas leading to the dungeons are now almost dungeons themselves.
Instead of just a big empty overworld with a few few enemies running around.

Yeah, I like that too. It's a definite improvement over basically all other 3D Zeldas, except maybe Majora's Mask imo. But then some people complain about being send on fetch quests, no matter if its just a way to throw some well made exploration puzzles at you. ;)

"I kill Gandalf." Igor - Dork Tower

Nintendo Network ID: BurnyBurns

AuthorMessage

Faron

1,000. Posted:

hmm, i was wrong. It seems that there's still much to do, after 60 hours of playtime (i haven't exactly rushed).

Faron