Forums

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Posts 921 to 940 of 1,905

LucinaSmash

Skyward Sword Joke of the Day.

Oh no! The bomb is fusing! Quick Link store the fused bomb inside your Bomb Bag!

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

TKOWL

Alot of people have been railing about how the sky is boring. I actually love it, it's got an epic soundtrack and has tons of stuff to explore.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Eh, I don't mind the sky, dunno how it's "slower" compared to the sailing where that took FOREVER to get to your destination. :/

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

OldBoy

Adam wrote:

The bomb controls seem to be the worst of the motion controls, Oddy. I'm getting used to it a little, but I still wish there were a button to lock your path in place before doing the bowl motion.

But the direction is controlled by the analogue stick , so if you don't touch that once your facing the right direction it's fine. you just use the remote to bowl/put spin on it.
I admit that I found it confusing initially , but it seems better if your patient with it. I found rushing made me explode quite regularly before I realized this.

I quite enjoy the flight in the game, it doesn't seem much slower than in Wii Sports Resort to me. And anytime I have ventured out on my bird (admittedly not a lot!) I have usually found something of interest or some kinda treasure chest so it seems cool at the mo.

Edited on by OldBoy

What's this bit for again?

Late

Haven't played much yet cause there have been so much other things to do. I like to visit people's houses just to see what they have in their wardrobes (although now it seems that there's just few different things you can find there) and I like the message which says that I shouldn't open them without permission. It's also somehow weird to find bathroom and restroom in a game. Most awesome thing so far has been the music. I just love the song which plays in houses, the one from Minish Cap, it's one of my favorite Zelda songs

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Astraea

...Yeah, the thing that makes you resistant to high temperatures is not what I expected. Oh well, at least my dowsing ability has improved to allow me to search for goddess cubes.

Astraea

Chrono_Cross

Just can't... stand... the controls.

Disappointment

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

kevohki

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Just can't... stand... the controls.

Disappointment

I agree in part. The flying/falling/tilting controls have gotten on my nerves already. I wish they would have just given us the option to use the analog stick instead for at least the flying. Would make it so much less of a hassle. I had enough of the tilting mechanic in Super Mario Galaxy and the Motion Plus doesn't make it any less awful and annoying than it was years ago. At least the sword controls are great, much better than the waggle-fest of Twilight Princess.

Other than the tilting/flying, I think the game is great so far.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

EvilRegal

I'm loving Skyward Sword so far (what little I'm getting to play). Big, bright, beautiful graphics, enjoyable music (though I hope to hear some more familiar tunes further in), and the expected wide variety of interesting (if not bizarre) characters! This may be my favorite (and hottest) Zelda!

I'm actually enjoying the motion controls far more than I expected. Really found myself getting into a fight with a stalfos, and the first conflict with Ghirahim. At times, it does get to be a bit much, though. In complexity and arm usage (right shoulder is a tiny bit sore). Taken in smaller doses, though, it can be quite fun! Do I wish there had been another controller scheme? Yes, but it obviously wouldn't have worked here. I do worry about having to be lightning fast later in the game when my arm feels like it's about to fall off!

Edited on by EvilRegal

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

Crystalking18

Just started the 3rd dungeon. So far I'm loving this game. I have the gold wiimote, the soundtrack, and the hardcover collectors guide with cloth map, so I'm all zeldad up for this game. Probably gonna make me play spirit tracks after this lol

FF6: Release year- 1994
Kefka's birthday - November 9th
So.... my life is practically mirroring Kefka? Cool.

Link79

Just started the Lanayru desert and loving the music! It's very different from the usual Zelda music but quite catchy.
It has sort of an industrial sound to it. I have a feeling this will end up being one of my favorite areas of the game.
Those electric snail/crab looking things took me by surprise. Well back to adventure!

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

Kid_A

8.5 hours in and I'm just now walking out of the second dungeon (which had an AMAZING boss, by the way). This game is long! But it never feels like its dragging, whereas Twilight Princess often did.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

LucinaSmash

Alright I will tell you what MotionPlus / Wiimote Plus is all about:

• Do Not act like you're playing an Xbox Kinect game.
  • when using sword motion, only swing your forearm. Do Not use your entire arm.
  • when using bombs that requires throwing, point the Wiimote straight up and trust your Wiimote back in postion (pointing at the screen) when ready to throw. Do Not act like you're throwing an invisible bomb.
  • when using bombs that requires bowling, point the Wiimote straight down and trust your Wiimote back in position (pointing at the screen) when ready to bowl. Do Not act like you're throwing an invisible bowling ball.

Do these MotionPlus tips help?

Edited on by LucinaSmash

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

ocarinaoftime

I enjoyed twilight princess alot and im really in joying skyward sword im stuck but enjoying it....

ocarinaoftime

Ecto-1

I love this game so far; much more than I had expected to, in all honesty. There are only a couple of things I don't particularly care for. I absolutely hate the walking on a wire sequences and I wish they had utilized the IR sensor for navigating menus (or at least made it an option). During the wire walking sequences, the controls feel unresponsive and at times downright aggravating. The pointer in the menus feels slow and tends to get out of sync really easily; it seems, to me, that these problems could have been alleviated if the IR sensor had been used instead of motion plus. Don't get me wrong, I love the game. These minor quibbles aren't enough to detract from the overall experience. Over 20 hours in, and I think I'm about to start the fourth dungeon.

Edited on by Ecto-1

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

Kid_A

Ecto-1 wrote:

I love this game so far; much more than I had expected to, in all honesty. There are only a couple of things I don't particularly care for. I absolutely hate the walking on a wire sequences and I wish they had utilized the IR sensor for navigating menus (or at least made it an option). During the wire walking sequences, the controls feel unresponsive and at times downright aggravating. The pointer in the menus feels slow and tends to get out of sync really easily; it seems, to me, that these problems could have been alleviated if the IR sensor had been used instead of motion plus. Don't get me wrong, I love the game. These minor quibbles aren't enough to detract from the overall experience. Over 20 hours in, and I think I'm about to start the fourth dungeon.

The thing you have to understand with the menus in this game is that you don't point--you move your arm/wrist in the direction of the desired item. I think the game should have made that clearer, it seems a lot of people are having trouble with it. I only knew how to do it because I remember Miyamoto saying it at the E3 reveal.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

ocarinaoftime

I hope this anit a bad spoiler for someone but i just got the claws u can dig in the dirt with...

ocarinaoftime

Adam

The way it is works fine for me because my IR becomes uncalibrated seconds after engaging it for anything.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

SpentAllMyTokens

Skyward Sword made it about 15 miles from my house to a UPS facility...but since UPS doesn't deliver Thanksgiving, the day after Thanksgiving, or ground shipments on Saturday, I'm not going to be able to play it this weekend. Which sucks, because I was hoping to run through the bulk of it over the holiday.

I honestly don't know why companies use UPS. USPS delivers any shipment on Black Friday and Saturdays AND is cheaper (I hope UPS is giving Target some sick-nasty awesome bulk rate or something). I would have sprang the extra for the shipping or trolled stores if I knew it would have taken so long for the shipment to get here. At least I am ensured to receive the bundle, I guess. I'm almost tempted to see if I can rent it from Redbox on Friday to tide me over, but it seems silly to waste the money when the game's in the mail. I just don't know when I'm going to have time to play it, otherwise.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.