Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 901 to 920 of 1,934

AuthorMessage

Link79

901. Posted:

Yeah alot of people think you gotta flail around like crazy.
They act like it's too exausting to play the game. You just have to move a couple inches in whatever direction.
Fast vigorous movements are not required for it it work. That's what's making it seem to not work properly for some.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

902. Posted:

I get too into it lol, I been waiting for this kind of feeling since the NES.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

Mandoble

903. Posted:

For me the motion controls work well, while I dont know why they implemented them into a game like Zelda, I think that mix is totally wrong and pointless. Zelda games have never been about "skill" or gimmicking and now we have a game where the main protagonist is the controller, and which main purpose is to add endless annoyance to the game experience.

Mandoble

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

904. Posted:

Only thing I have trouble with are the menus...then again you can reset/center/whatever it. But I find myself doing that often.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

905. Posted:

10 hours in at the entrance of Eldin Volcano. Yes I'm slow, but I did a few side quests and...stuff.

Anyway, so far I think the best thing about this game is its pacing, following closely by its presentation. Its controls are probably towards the bottom of the list, though they're fine and make combat more fun for me. But man, there is always something (fun and worthwhile) to do and something (fun and worthwhile) to see in this game at any given moment, which I see as a huge accomplishment. If I've ever seen a more fully realized game world, I can't think of one. The graphics are gorgeous, what with the brilliant hardware limitation-workaround watercolor backgrounds and expressive character designs and detailed facial animations, and Ballad of the Goddess is stuck in my head and I can't enough of the songs that play in The Sky and Faron Woods.

This game.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

apa-sl

906. Posted:

@Oddy: and my complaint is lack of side quests - I cannot agree that there is always to do, after each minor step in the main story I have been visiting Skyloft and I have to say that not always I have found at least 1 side-quest :/

http://www.ElimiDateapp.com - mobile dating gamification

AuthorMessage

Adam

907. Posted:

Link79 wrote:

I'm really getting sick of hearing complaints about the controls.

Too bad for you that people have other opinions and experiences. It is more than a little rude to say you are sick of hearing what people have to say just because it differs from your experience.

Link79 wrote:

Aren't people used to motion controls in Wii games by now?

I played the heck out of Sports Resort and have played Skyward Sword for probably 10 hours. It has nothing to do with being used to it. Both games work fine one moment and awful the next.

It's not like motion controls are complicated. Unless you are so condescending as to think we don't know how to move our hands from left to right to swing a sword or back to forward to roll a bomb, you should get over it.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Link79

908. Posted:

@ Adam
when practically 80% of the posts are whiners raging over poor controls it gets tiresome.
I'm just curious why so many people are having a harder time with it then I am.
I'd like to see how you guys are swinging the remote myself and then compare it to the way I do it.
Unless your remotes are messed up the controls shouldn't work once and be faulty the next.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

RogueBologna

909. Posted:

For people having problems with the controls, try having your hands rest on your legs straight ahead while you aren't swinging, and it's much easier to point downwards if you're on the edge of the chair. I put a couple pillows behind my back so I can have a backrest while being more on the edge.

Edited on by RogueBologna

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7445-0519

AuthorMessage

Adam

910. Posted:

Both myself and Metarift have said it is a fun game despite the controls, hardly whining and far from 80% of the thread. Saying you're sick of other people's opinions and calling them tiresome, raging whiners though, that is insulting.

My controller is fine, by the way. I've tried multiple controllers and have two M+'s to use.

Also, Bologna, thanks for the tips. I'm not really sure how any of that would help, but I will give anything a try.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

NX01Trekkie1992

911. Posted:

weird adam wrote:

Both myself and Metarift have said it is a fun game despite the controls. Saying you're sick of other people's opinions and calling them tiresome, raging whiners... that is not just curiosity; that's insulting. These posts are not even 1% of the thread, either.

My controller is fine, by the way. I've tried multiple controllers and have two M+'s to use.

Also, Bologna, thanks for the tips. I'm not really sure how any of that would help, but I will give anything a try.

I personally think you just need to practice, I had a lot of trouble with certain motions initially, but after the first 2-3 hours I was moving around like a pro, you mentioned bombs in particular, I actually had the same problem, but now the issue is non-existent for me. as lz20XX said, practice makes perfect

NX01Trekkie1992

AuthorMessage

RogueBologna

912. Posted:

@Adam resting it on your leg straight ahead helps with the menus and aiming, while sitting on the edge of your chair helps with rolling bombs and other things that involve pointing down.

Edited on by RogueBologna

AuthorMessage

Adam

913. Posted:

I hope so, Yasha, but like I said to Lz, I've played for about 10 hours now, I think I should be past the practice phase now, haha. But yea, I'm not quitting or anything. I'll get better or I won't. It's not going to stop me either way.

Also, Earth Temple is awesome. The lizard people are much cooler enemies than Bokoblins (well, of course they are, they're lizard people), and I like to run down those lava frog things while rolling on that giant ball. But I'll stop raging and whining for awhile and get back to the game.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

RogueBologna

914. Posted:

How do you get that last key to the Earth temple that's to the right up high to the giant sand slide?

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

915. Posted:

There's several elevated platforms when you go down the slide, run/jump to the bottom right one. Wait for the geyser thingies to blow, and with the right timing you can make your way to the other side of the slide. IGN has a guide up if you need some visual directions.

I'm past the third dungeon now, the best dungeon yet (and I already loved the second one more than anything in Twilight Princess). The item you get in the third dungeon is absolutely awesome and great to control. The boss was also great, if a little on the easy side.

I, too, love the bird controls. I wish there was a little bit more to do in the sky, but it is very relaxing (and if you do wanna get on with it, that's much easier to do than in Wind Waker)

Edited on by citizenerased

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage

vherub

916. Posted:

I can't believe the NOA print run for Zelda Bundled with the controller. Holiday title, the Zelda game the fanbase has been waiting for since launch, 25th anniversary and one of the swansongs of the system.
They should have flooded channels with this, absolutely overprinting, especially after not initially printing enough of Mario All-Stars and the many, many months when the system itself was difficult to get.

vherub

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

917. Posted:

apa-sf wrote:

@Oddy: and my complaint is lack of side quests - I cannot agree that there is always to do, after each minor step in the main story I have been visiting Skyloft and I have to say that not always I have found at least 1 side-quest :/

How minor are you talking? I've been revisiting Skyloft once per area so far (i.e. after Faron Woods/before Deep Woods, after Skyview Temple/before Eldin Volcano) and there's been more than enough to do.

I know of two side quests already that I missed according to a walkthrough; in terms of full blown side quests I've only rescued the girl, given some gratitude crystals to the monster, and broken the chandelier and run some pumpkin soup as repayment. I've also done a bit of upgrading, shopping, bug-collecting, surface-to-sky treasure chest opening, and just exploring Skyloft (there are still places I haven't visited).

If you're ever really that bored I would just try talking to townspeople or consulting a walkthrough for more side quests as both add a lot to your immersion of the game world and should make the experience more engaging. Also I think the areas below the clouds are more than entertaining enough to hold their own throughout the game; I spent a fair amount of time just killing a bunch of natives ("That's racist!") just for kicks in Faron Woods after my encounter with Ghirahim before returning to Skyloft. To each their own, I suppose.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Late

918. Posted:

Finally got my game after some serious waiting. It was posted on Wednesday and for some reason it didn't arrive on Friday as it was supposed to. I waited and waited and today I finally were really happy when it arrived. Played about 30 minutes before I had to stop for a moment and I'm going to play it more after listening the CD. I wanna know what it contains :D

3DS FC: 3566-1647-7196
My Backloggery
My Pullblox puzzles
Be kind and feed my Pokémon :)

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1647-7196

AuthorMessage

NX01Trekkie1992

919. Posted:

weird adam wrote:

I hope so, Yasha, but like I said to Lz, I've played for about 10 hours now, I think I should be past the practice phase now, haha. But yea, I'm not quitting or anything. I'll get better or I won't. It's not going to stop me either way.

Also, Earth Temple is awesome. The lizard people are much cooler enemies than Bokoblins (well, of course they are, they're lizard people), and I like to run down those lava frog things while rolling on that giant ball. But I'll stop raging and whining for awhile and get back to the game.

well at least it's not souring you too much on the game either way, I did like the earth temple a whole lot, the lizafols are so much fun to fight, and yeah, I enjoyed that rolling a LOT, never gets old running over stuff, and the Indiana Jones style moment right before the boss chamber was awesome too, hahaha

NX01Trekkie1992

AuthorMessage

Adam

920. Posted:

I feel like this is / could be the A Link to the Past of the 3D games. It may be more than this, but the main similarities I can see so far are the colorful graphics, ridiculously good soundtracks, and the lovingly crafted outside areas. I hope this feeling holds up over the course of the game.

Also, watching enemies react to the RC Beetle is my absolute favorite thing in the world, followed distantly by life itself and jambalaya.

Come on, friends,