Forums

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Posts 901 to 920 of 1,905

Adam

The bomb controls seem to be the worst of the motion controls, Oddy. I'm getting used to it a little, but I still wish there were a button to lock your path in place before doing the bowl motion.

Kobe, I wish they had added that, too. Or at least, I can't figure out how to get a mini-map either. I have to constantly open the map in the sky since it is hard to tell where you are.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

shinesprite

Swiket wrote:

Skyward Sword seems like the kind of game I can get into.

You my friend are supremely gifted.
How did he do it while holding the Wiimote+ and nunchuck?

Edited on by shinesprite

shinesprite

Wildvine53

I just made it to Eldin Volcano, and I'm really loving this game! The combat is fantastic, and the controls handle extremely well. Running and jumping off of Skyloft is my favorite part of the game. What a rush!
Does any one know why you can't summon your Loftwing after you fall off one of the islands?

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

kevohki

I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition at Toys R Us but they never got any in and said Nintendo isn't sending them any. I was mad at first but then they gave me a regular copy of the game and a Wii Mote Plus for $70 total and threw in a $20 gift card for my troubles. Couldn't pass up that deal. Getting a Wii Mote Plus for free and essentially spending a net $50. Starting the game soon .

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

Joeynator3000

**SPOILERS**
I don't care what anyone says, but I am now calling Koloktos the creepiest Zelda boss ever. lol
/SPOILERS

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Chrono_Cross

I dont see what the big deal is about with the motion controls. They're nice to have but there's been several instances where I've simply just waggled the Wii remote and done just fine. Also being precise is very irritating. "Okay... Focuses... Now! what? How the f*ck did I miss? Tries five more times ".

And the Loft flying instances are very... mediocre. I'd rather sail or ride Epona anyday. Because.. atleast that isn't as slow or tedious as flying a bird that goes as slow as my grandma. Oh and the controls are just like the bird flying levels from Galaxy 2. How original, Zelda. ;D

Overall though this game is amazing. The graphics, music, characters, dialogue (even if there is too much unnecessary conversations), all catch my interest. Just wish I could have traditional controls. >.>

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

BenAV

Just got back from the city with my copy.
Was going to get it as well as Super Mario 3D Land at the midnight launch tonight here in Australia but both broke the street date.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

NX01Trekkie1992

Luigi78 wrote:

Got to say the only thing annoying me in this game is the fact that every time you load a saved game then collect someting itdoes that whole "Whoo you caught a ......." and the proceeds to show you the inventory.It gets old fast!!. I mean I've collected like 10 skull things and yet it keeps telling me what they are. No need Nintendo, no need at all. Other than that so far this game rocks.It could be the best Zelda yet!!
Personally I've not struggled with the controls and when they seem wonky it is usually down to me not holding the remote the right way up. Bowling bombs was initially tricky but I seem to have cracked it now. I like the fact that as you play more you get better at it. By the end of the game I reckon I'll be able to give Zorro a run for his money!!

I gotta say that thing with the inventory is HIGHLY annoying, I have yet to even stop playing, and still every gratitude crystal I pick up tells me about it and switched to the inventory screen, really wish it didn't do that.

bonesy91 wrote:

Just got the Beetle updated! can finally drop bombs on unsuspecting victims >: ) (Lookout you darn rock throwing birds!)

weird adam wrote:

Also, watching enemies react to the RC Beetle is my absolute favorite thing in the world, followed distantly by life itself and jambalaya.

one of my favourite things I have done with the beetle so far was grab a beehive with it and bombing an unsuspecting Bokoblin, it was HILARIOUS, bees were all over him and he was just WIGGING OUT!!!

NX01Trekkie1992

citizenerased

at least it doesn't tell you the first time you pick up any colour rupee in a play session, like in Twilight Princess XD but yeah, the bug/item thing is annoying too. There are still little annoyances. Do the shop keepers really have to introduce themselves with 3 balloons of text every single time you talk to them? You can't even go back in the menus, so if you want to get your shield repaired and then buy an upgrade you have to skim through 6 balloons of useless text, and it scrolls slow as hell.

I personally found the bit after you get the beetle update annoying. It was fun bombing those electric crab things once, twice and even three times. But to make a whole segment out of it with quicksand where you have to do it like 10 times? The only annoying bit in the game I've played so far.

Oh, and then there's the silent realm... a bit hit and miss IMO. It's still enjoyable overall, and way better than the DS main temples. Parkour Link was a great idea.

@Viewtiful_Joe You think the bird is slow?! Have you tried passing by Skyloft without jumping off? It takes like 2 seconds. With Epona it would take like a minute. Use your bird correctly and you can get anywhere on the map in like a minute. I thought sailing was more charming but this is way less frustrating (plus skydiving is pretty epic)

Edited on by citizenerased

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

Adam

When flying, Skyloft is not presented in full scale, which is why it has to load separately. You can't compare that with Epona because the overworld doesn't change size for Epona.

I have no problem with the speed though. There are enough speed boosts to remedy this, and there is hardly any point to the sky world, so I don't spend much time flying.

Come on, friends,

citizenerased

It's basically full-scale, it has to load because the details aren't loaded. If you get really close with the loftwing you can see it loads most of it. I mean, are you honestly suggesting the loftwing isn't faster than Epona, lol?

NX01Trekkie1992

weird adam wrote:

When flying, Skyloft is not presented in full scale, which is why it has to load separately.

I was wondering why it did that actually... makes sense I guess, Wii ram can only hold so much at once sadly

NX01Trekkie1992

Adam

I was mistakenly comparing the ground area to the size of the bird instead of to the size of Link, so yea it is the same scale or close enough, but it's still irrelevant. You don't use the bird to traverse Skyloft. You use it to fly between islands, and it doesn't do this job much faster than Epona takes you across Hyrule Field.

Again, I don't have a problem with it. There's not much to do in the sky anyway, so I spend hardly any time flying, and flying is different enough that I enjoy the leisurely pace.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

citizenerased

RogueBologna wrote:

When can you upgrade the beetle? It doesn't even show up on the upgrade screen for me.

Part of the storyline, it's automatically activated.

NX01Trekkie1992

RogueBologna wrote:

When can you upgrade the beetle? It doesn't even show up on the upgrade screen for me.

you have to earn the first upgrade in the Lanayru Desert from one of those electric robots when you save him from some bokoblins

NX01Trekkie1992

citizenerased

Just beat the fourth dungeon boss. Holy eff. I've liked every single boss battle in SS more than every in TP.

bonesy91

@Oddy sorry about that I'll be more careful what I post from now on.

on a side note, after getting to the third dungeon I've encountered one little sword glitch. The blade didn't swing with me but it only lasted for about a second.

SPOILER!!!!
The Cutscene after the third level made my jaw drop! This game is just... I don't even know. I've loved past Zelda games, but this One cutscene took it to a whole new level for me.
END SPOILER!!!!

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

citizenerased

yeah I've found the game to be quite finnicky with jabs, which is less than ideal when there's a spider swinging around about to hit you

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.