Forums

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Posts 881 to 900 of 1,905

Late

Finally got my game after some serious waiting. It was posted on Wednesday and for some reason it didn't arrive on Friday as it was supposed to. I waited and waited and today I finally were really happy when it arrived. Played about 30 minutes before I had to stop for a moment and I'm going to play it more after listening the CD. I wanna know what it contains

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

NX01Trekkie1992

weird adam wrote:

I hope so, Yasha, but like I said to Lz, I've played for about 10 hours now, I think I should be past the practice phase now, haha. But yea, I'm not quitting or anything. I'll get better or I won't. It's not going to stop me either way.

Also, Earth Temple is awesome. The lizard people are much cooler enemies than Bokoblins (well, of course they are, they're lizard people), and I like to run down those lava frog things while rolling on that giant ball. But I'll stop raging and whining for awhile and get back to the game.

well at least it's not souring you too much on the game either way, I did like the earth temple a whole lot, the lizafols are so much fun to fight, and yeah, I enjoyed that rolling a LOT, never gets old running over stuff, and the Indiana Jones style moment right before the boss chamber was awesome too, hahaha

NX01Trekkie1992

Adam

I feel like this is / could be the A Link to the Past of the 3D games. It may be more than this, but the main similarities I can see so far are the colorful graphics, ridiculously good soundtracks, and the lovingly crafted outside areas. I hope this feeling holds up over the course of the game.

Also, watching enemies react to the RC Beetle is my absolute favorite thing in the world, followed distantly by life itself and jambalaya.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

LucinaSmash

Skyward Sword Joke of the Day

Link: Help! My bird has gone missing and Zelda keeps trying to kill me (in her defense she was just being playful)!

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

LordTendoboy

Oddy wrote:

apa-sf wrote:

@Oddy: and my complaint is lack of side quests - I cannot agree that there is always to do, after each minor step in the main story I have been visiting Skyloft and I have to say that not always I have found at least 1 side-quest :/

How minor are you talking? I've been revisiting Skyloft once per area so far (i.e. after Faron Woods/before Deep Woods, after Skyview Temple/before Eldin Volcano) and there's been more than enough to do.

I know of two side quests already that I missed according to a walkthrough; in terms of full blown side quests I've only rescued the girl, given some gratitude crystals to the monster, and broken the chandelier and run some pumpkin soup as repayment. I've also done a bit of upgrading, shopping, bug-collecting, surface-to-sky treasure chest opening, and just exploring Skyloft (there are still places I haven't visited).

If you're ever really that bored I would just try talking to townspeople or consulting a walkthrough for more side quests as both add a lot to your immersion of the game world and should make the experience more engaging. Also I think the areas below the clouds are more than entertaining enough to hold their own throughout the game; I spent a fair amount of time just killing a bunch of natives ("That's racist!") just for kicks in Faron Woods after my encounter with Ghirahim before returning to Skyloft. To each their own, I suppose.

Just how massive is the game world? Is it bigger than Twilight Princess and Wind Waker?

@Project-L

Your signature is wrong. Skyward Sword IS on a dual-layer disc.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

CinnamonRobin

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Your signature is wrong. Skyward Sword IS on a dual-layer disc.

No, I don't think it is. All the dual-layer disks I have look different, more gold coloured on the bottom. Skyward Sword doesn't.

Plus, I've not heard of anyone complaining of disc-read errors with Skyward Sword.

Edited on by CinnamonRobin

CinnamonRobin

shinesprite

I preordered from Amazon and they said my copy will arrive late November - early December. At least I'm getting the CD and gold Remote.

shinesprite

Meta-Rift

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Just how massive is the game world? Is it bigger than Twilight Princess and Wind Waker?

I don't know, but even if it isn't, the areas on the surface are so dense and intricately designed that you could still spent a lot more time exploring them than in the previous games.

Meta-Rift

Odnetnin

The game world may not be bigger than the other games, but it is certainly denser and much less barren.

@Adam I love luring Bokobobobobooolins (or whatever they're called) onto a tightrope and then smacking them in the face with my beetle and watching them tumble to their doom. Even more fun than hitting them with a slingshot on the ropes or "jostling" them off.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

OldBoy

Got to say the only thing annoying me in this game is the fact that every time you load a saved game then collect someting itdoes that whole "Whoo you caught a ......." and the proceeds to show you the inventory.It gets old fast!!. I mean I've collected like 10 skull things and yet it keeps telling me what they are. No need Nintendo, no need at all. Other than that so far this game rocks.It could be the best Zelda yet!!
Personally I've not struggled with the controls and when they seem wonky it is usually down to me not holding the remote the right way up. Bowling bombs was initially tricky but I seem to have cracked it now. I like the fact that as you play more you get better at it. By the end of the game I reckon I'll be able to give Zorro a run for his money!!

What's this bit for again?

Joeynator3000

Ok I'm stuck and wanna move on.........
WHERE'S THE STUPID PROPELLER?! Been wandering Faron Woods for over an hour now. >_>
EDIT: ...Never mind.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Adam

Ha ha, Oddy, I didn't think of that. I couldn't figure out how to jostle. Link just falls the moment I meet the enemy, then they fall, too... Works for me, I guess.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

SForzaNL

I can't wait to play the game myself.

However I came here to know if anyone knew if they would re-release or make another run of the bundle? Because I pre-ordered mine, like alot of people, however it's now on backorder. And that's just the official way of saying, "we sold out but don't know if/when we'll receive more", you know <.<; I mean it's sold out EVERYWHERE lol.

Heck! Here in Canada we got the steelbook case that comes with the regular edition of the game. I pre-ordered that like many other Canadians, a month ago, but on release date my order was just flat out cancelled because they didn't have the steelbook case. Many others are in the same boat The GOOD NEWS with that shop though, is that I complained so much, they gave me a coupon to get the game for free <.<; So I can't complain TOO much.

But I really want the bundle :[

SForzaNL

LordTendoboy

Swiket wrote:

Skyward Sword seems like the kind of game I can get into.

Wow. Doing a backflip and a frontflip in the middle of a small living room requires lots of skill and dexterity.

[...

LordTendoboy

Oddy wrote:

I feel so awesome every time I get a heart container. Also the bomb controls are terrible (for me anyway).

Are the bomb controls similar to Wii Sports' Bowling? If so, then how are they terrible?

[...

kobe1724

This game is awesome, but my only complaint right now is that you have to press + to open up the map (unless somebody else knows something I don't). That's fine and all, but I like to see a smaller version of the map on the corner of the screen (like in previous Zelda titles) so I can see where I'm going at all times. It feels like I just can't remember where anything is which leads to me getting lost a lot.

3DS FC: 4296-3162-1562100% completion on The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D and Super Mario 3D Land.If you want a good challenge, find me on Mario Kart 7.

bonesy91

Just got the Beetle updated! can finally drop bombs on unsuspecting victims >: ) (Lookout you darn rock throwing birds!) also loving the dessert it really reminds me of the gameplay in The Minish cap, where you had to use the Pegasus shoes to get around in the marsh.

(p.s. /spoiler? anyone else find mr. Batz?)

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.