Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 861 to 880 of 1,934

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

861. Posted:

Have this game. Will beat other games before I start playing.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

862. Posted:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

At the people who have played the game: Is the new villain better or worse than Ganon/Zant?

Oh how I miss you Zant.

Zant is by far the creepiest villain I've ever seen, and that weird scream that accompanied his appearances sent shivers down my spine.

Twilight Princess is a steal at $20, but I can't get into the waggling for sword combat...

Edited on by theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

IAmNotWill

863. Posted:

I wanna play this so bad... I wish my Wii worked. My copy is just sitting there on the shelf, wanting to be played. :'(

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

864. Posted:

I loved how menacing Zant was only to be revealed he was an insane child of a villian. It was amazing and hilarious, but other people who take video games super seriously got mad. Also hilarious.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Majoras_Wrath

865. Posted:

Skyward Sword is my favorite Zelda yet. I'm not too good at Zelda though. It's my favorite game series, and I've spent maybe 6-8 hours on it since yesterday (Came home with it around 2 in the afternoon.) I'm only in Faron Woods trying to find the Kikwis. Yeah, I know, I'm bad. But It's the best one yet. My favorite aspects are the combat and the art design. Flying on the Loftwing is fun too. Much better then sailing in Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass. It's less linear then Spirit Tracks' train segments, which is a good thing. I;m listing to the CD as I type this. The songs are amazing and the sound quality blows my mind. It sounds like I'm there listing to a concert! I got the bundle, and this is my first MotionPlus game. I didn't know just HOW responsive it is! Anything you do with the sword, Link will mimic. I especially love how the overworld isn't a huge world like Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess, rather long dungeon-like areas. 10/10 already and I've barely played it. (Sorry for the length......)

Majoras_Wrath

Nintendo Network ID: Bunny_Hood

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

866. Posted:

Ocarina of Time's overworld isn't that big. Twilight Princess and Wind Waker are much larger and more vast.

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

RogueBologna

867. Posted:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

At the people who have played the game: Is the new villain better or worse than Ganon/Zant?

Oh how I miss you Zant.

I like him way better, mostly because he's so fun to fight.

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7445-0519

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

868. Posted:

He's just a really creative antagonist, IMO. I thought his villainist ways had much more potential for a dark twisted tale/plot than Ganon's. Ganon is awesome, sure, but Zant made Twilight Princess for me. Oh and Link was cool too.

And the there's Midna < 3

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

RogueBologna

869. Posted:

I want impressions from someone totally new to Zelda games.

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7445-0519

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

870. Posted:

I hate how Link has these giant lips in Skyward Sword. It looks like he had too much botox. The Link in Twilight Princess is the best designed, IMO.

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

Astraea

871. Posted:

Wow, the design of the third temple is ingenious. There's so much to do that I keep finding things that I missed on my first passthrough.

Capcom-Unity: BAKA

AuthorMessage

JRRD

872. Posted:

Getting it tomorrow! I got the Collector's Edition from Amazon. I can't wait to lose myself in another Zelda adventure!

GS Forums
Doin' da Goomba Strut!

AuthorMessage

SilentJ

873. Posted:

Got the bundle yesterday. It was the first time I've ever waited outside for a store to open. I just wish I had more time to play. I'm only 2 hours into it so far.

PSN ID : MrPink78

AuthorMessage

Red-acteur

874. Posted:

MiracleBlaze wrote:

@Red-acteur How on earth have you already finished it? I've had it since Friday and have been playing for quite a lengthy time, and I'm only in the second dungeon! How many dungeons are there?

Héhé ! In France, street dates are for wusses ! They all decided to release it on Tuesday and I've played from one to 10 hours each day (finished it in around 30-35, to tell the truth, I was so into it that time really flew by yesterday ^^'.... I heard a friend of mine accidentally did the same thing !) This game is so amazing it will consume you.... for a few days and that is why I don't play MMOs (they don't end, but Zelda does, so I have an excuse to geek for hours on end) !

Red-acteur

AuthorMessage

bonesy91

875. Posted:

@SilentJ Same here! I stood waited outside my bestbuy for an hour. And with only 7 copies of the bundle available and 5 people (including myself) in line to pick it up, I'm glad I waited!

So I'm about 8 hours in now. Made it to the 2nd place (trying to take my time and enjoy every aspect of this game) Still loving it! Just every part of this game is impressive! the little details, the characters (did I mention I love this game?) and the controls... I swear, I don't think I could every play another Zelda Console game without these controls! it just makes every past Action RPG I've ever played look like a kiddy button masher :P (of course those games were still lots of fun, but you know what I mean lol just feeling blinded by the awesomeness B) )

This might quite possibly be the Best Video game I've ever played... But of course, I have to wait till I finish to give my final results lol.

Edited on by bonesy91

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AuthorMessage

LucinaSmash

876. Posted:

Quidditch in a Zelda game? I'm in!

hype train destinations: Super Smash Bros

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

877. Posted:

I hate how you can't save whenever you want. :(

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

Adam

878. Posted:

Motion controls don't work too well for me, particularly the bombs. It took me half an hour probably to bowl a bomb across that bridge early on, and I still have more bowling to do thanks to the fire breathing enemies in their holes. The motion is really awkward when tethered to the nunchuk since the cord ends up hitting me mid-swing. Walking into position and aligning the path of the bomb takes too long compared to the time of the fuse, and then the path gets screwed up when you pull the remote back to bowl... that is, if it doesn't change to a throw motion mid-swing and screw everything up, or worse pull out your sword so that it explodes at your feet.

I know some people enjoyed making fun of Gamespot because they had trouble with the controls (I didn't read it, so I don't know their particular complaints), but I have to say they aren't working that great for me either, unfortunately. Fine game despite the frequent frustrations. The soundtrack is the best since Link to the Past.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

879. Posted:

Adam wrote:

The motion controls constantly fail me without ever particularly enhancing the experience when they do happen to work correctly. The sword sometimes follows exactly but not always. I calibrated it and it would still hold out right behind me when I actually had it at my side. Sometimes it swings when I just want to move it. Sometimes I pull out the sword when I am trying to manipulate a B item. Sword play just isn't that exciting when the most common enemies, Bokoblins, generally block faster than you can thoughtfully swing, encouraging you to waggle attack, which kills them faster and easier.

But it wasn't even really bothering me until Eldin and the bombs. I understand someone must have really liked Wii Bowling, but it is just not working. It took me half an hour probably to bowl a bomb across that bridge early on, and I still have more bowling to do thanks to the fire breathing enemies in their holes. The motion is really awkward when tethered to the nunchuk since the cord ends up hitting me mid-swing. Walking into position and aligning the path of the bomb takes too long compared to the time of the fuse, and then the path gets screwed up when you pull the remote back to bowl... that is, if it doesn't change to a throw motion mid-swing and screw everything up, or worse pull out your sword so that it explodes at your feet.

I know some people enjoyed making fun of Gamespot because they had trouble with the controls (I didn't read it, so I don't know their particular complaints), but I have to say they aren't working that great for me either, unfortunately. I think it's a fine game so far despite that and hope the controls don't frustrate me too much to finish, but I would have liked this a lot more with a Classic Controller option.

For me practice makes perfect. I'm having these issues as well but a bit of practice helps me a lot

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Adam

880. Posted:

It definitely gets easier, but very, very slowly, and often it is just off.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.