Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 801 to 820 of 1,934

AuthorMessage

bonesy91

801. Posted:

it's official. This game has surpassed my expectations tenfold! The Story so far (4 hours in, outside of the first temple.) is great, I love the interaction between characters! The controls work flawlessly (and if people honestly complain about having to recenter every now and then, then that's just sad :P press C, point, Down on Dpad. Really big pain lol) Though getting re-adjusted after just finishing Twilight princess on Wii (the controls in comparison are on an entirely different level.)

and playing this just made me think. Imagine if the Wii would have had the + technology from the start. I bet we would have seen many more masterpieces in the Wii's life cycle. (but of course we still have some Great titles that I love)

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AuthorMessage

RYBlast

802. Posted:

SS is overwhelming. Best game ever comes with best music CD ever and best-looking remote ever.

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter: HR_Blast

AuthorMessage

JGMR

803. Posted:

SKTTR wrote:

The Wii has a true 16:9 mode, and Skyward Sword is optimised for 4:3 and 16:9 TVs. I'm playing this on a 16:9 and it couldn't look better.

By the way, I'm in Ranelle right now. That's the 3rd temple.

The game is very playable and beautiful so far. The controls are fantastic, characters and enemies look awesome and are superbly animated. It's like an advanced Wind Waker engine. The puzzles are fun and fresh - not just a rehash of old ideas. Lots of stuff never seen before in Zelda - and you play it like you've never played a Zelda before. And it all feels very smooth.

I think many of the new ideas introduced in Skyward Sword should/will be brought over to future Zelda games.

Hehe, I'm going to the 3rd temple a little later as I'm side-questing at the moment, and saving rupees for better and upgraded equipment. And I couldn't agree more with your words. The game is fresh! I especially love the characters in this Zelda, they're very cute, very funny and some seem very sinister.

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

804. Posted:

Get it NOW!!

That is all :)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

ocarinaoftime

805. Posted:

I got the gold wiimote bundle and i have to say the game is sweet...

ocarinaoftime

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

806. Posted:

This game is magical.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

IAmNotWill

807. Posted:

The gold wiimote is so awesome. Played this game for 2 hours at a friends house and it was amazing. Hopefully I can find a solution to my problem tomorrow...

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

808. Posted:

I really can't believe how good this game is. And how new it feels! The controls are, as most of you have remarked, perfect. The visuals are outstanding, and the character animations make Skyrim's look downright embarrassing (I like Skyrim, by the way). I'm surprised at just how many...well, surprises there are. New species, environments and characters around every corner. I've played the game for 4 or 5 hours and I'm only half way through the first dungeon--and not a second of it has been boring. Skyloft is an amazing, dazzling place, and I love how you can fly back up there at every save point. After I had saved a couple Kiwi-whatever guys, I noticed that my shield was already practically dead. So I flew back up to Skyloft with some newly-found elements in hand, and had the crazy blacksmith forge me a new shield. Awesome. Also, how hilariously bizarre is that fortune teller guy?

The story is great as well, but it's mostly the characters that make it work, which are by far the most alive fully realized Nintendo has ever created. The relationship between Link and Zelda felt real to me, and Groose is already one of my favorite characters in the series. I love how blatantly sexual the 30 minutes of the game are. Groose essentially just wants to win the race so he can bang Zelda, and having Zelda overhear that little confession really made me laugh. There's been a lot of genuine laughs in this game, actually. That's what makes Zelda my favorite franchise: it's epic storytelling, but never full of itself, and always heartfelt.

Edited on by Kid_A

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

809. Posted:

I keep laughing at the writing in this game, too. Even at little descriptions of items and stuff. Every single detail goes a long way into making Skyloft a fully realized world (exhibits A and B: the person who sells shields in the bazaar anxiously following you around as you browse for items, repeatedly telling you "no pressure," and the fact that every shopkeeper has their own music that plays near their store).

Also this is a little bit spoilery, but you guys know Zelda's father's Tanooki-tailed pet? When he turned rabid at night while you were following Fi was very creepy and atmospheric, reminding me of Cave Story.

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

810. Posted:

Oddy wrote:

I keep laughing at the writing in this game, too. Even at little descriptions of items and stuff. Every single detail goes a long way into making Skyloft a fully realized world (exhibits A and B: the person who sells shields in the bazaar anxiously following you around as you browse for items, repeatedly telling you "no pressure," and the fact that every shopkeeper has their own music that plays near their store).

Also this is a little bit spoilery, but you guys know Zelda's father's Tanooki-tailed pet? When he turned rabid at night while you were following Fi was very creepy and atmospheric, reminding me of Cave Story.

That was so crazy! What is the deal with that? I was expecting that to be some weird twist, and then...nope, nothing. So yeah, I guess it was kind of like Cave Story :D

AuthorMessage

Adam

811. Posted:

I didn't get the crazy cat thing. Seemed pointless and random. Maybe there was some secret to it, but I didn't figure it out, just kept going after I threw it off a cliff.

On the subject of strange creatures, I really hope I don't have to talk to these kiwis much more now that I'm done the first temple. I don't want the game to be super dark and serious, but these guys are just a bit too goofy for me to take seriously.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

812. Posted:

Hey, where does Cave Story drop plot lines? :P

Six word TV reviews

AuthorMessage

Adam

813. Posted:

Drop plot lines...?

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

814. Posted:

Adam wrote:

On the subject of strange creatures, I really hope I don't have to talk to these kiwis much more now that I'm done the first temple. I don't want the game to be super dark and serious, but these guys are just a bit too goofy for me to take seriously.

If you can't understand the brilliance of the Kiwis, then there's no saving you.

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

815. Posted:

Adam wrote:

Drop plot lines...?

Twists... I don't quite know what to call what Kid A is referring to.

Six word TV reviews

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

816. Posted:

I was just remarking that in Cave Story there's a lot of random weirdness, like that extremely tiny guy in a suit that you have to reunite with his family, or that guy in the dinosaur costume, or the fact that a crazy ghost version of Balrog shows up in the Labyrinth, and how that reminds me of the crazy cat freak-out scene in Skyward Sword. I wasn't talking about dropped plot lines.

Edited on by Kid_A

AuthorMessage

Adam

817. Posted:

The bizarreness in the bazaar I find appropriate and hilarious because it's in an area that's peaceful and nonthreatening. But when I am traversing a mysterious and dangerous forest in a mysterious and dangerous new land, I expect mystery and danger, not kiwis.

Never kiwis.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

818. Posted:

Adam wrote:

The bizarreness in the bazaar I find appropriate and hilarious because it's in an area that's peaceful and nonthreatening. But when I am traversing a mysterious and dangerous forest in a mysterious and dangerous new land, I expect mystery and danger, not kiwis.

Never kiwis.

I thought they seemed appropriate given the bright, colorful, almost Wonderland-esque atmosphere of Faron Woods. If they showed up in say, the Forest Dungeon, that would be distracting. But to each his own. I'm a sucker for cutesy/goofy characters in Zelda games. I thought the Village Elder was hilarious.

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

819. Posted:

Adam wrote:

Never kiwis.

Still haven't seen the kiwis yet, but I love the bazaar. The fortune teller guy creeps me out though; staying away from him.

@Kid_A Oh I see what you mean. You're talking about little random quirks. While I do hope there was a purpose to that scene, I found it interesting regardless.

EDIT: They're called kikwis and that Zelda joke was amazing. :D

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

820. Posted:

Sheesh, they weren't kidding when they said the enemies would be a pain to take down. xD

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.