Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 781 to 800 of 1,935

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

781. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

@WaveBoy

The reason the Wii looks stretched on a widescreen TV is cause you have to set both the Wii and TV to widescreen, and set the Wii's output resolution to "HDTV/EDTV" (under System Settings).

Not to be rude, but DUH. lol :p
Wii games are 640x480 which equals to a Full screen/4:3 native image, this so called widescreen isn't really true widescreen. It's anamorphic...You're not getting additional picture on each side of the screen like you would with a PS3 or 360 game. You're just getting a stretched-like image to fill in those sides. Either way, it looks worse and i've tried to get used to it, but i just can't. :p There's already been a long discussion about this on the Nintendo AVS forums, and the majority still seem to opt for the 16:9 just because they hate wasted screen space regardless of the inferior PQ. :p

Also, games like NSMBWii and Kirby's Epic Yarn have bars on the top and bottom of the screen if you select 4:3 in the Wii menu and 4:3 on your HDTV. However, I've worked my way around this to get a proper 4:3 image to fill the screen Full screen style, and that's to set the wii to 16:9 and your TV to 4:3. No bars, just a 4:3 picture with super crisp visuals. B-)

Have you actually tried wii games out in 4:3 on your HDTV yet TendoBoy? you should compare the two ratios and you should notice a difference. The smaller the sets the less noticable it gets, but i still noticed the difference on a previous 32" LCD I owned. Now I'm rocking a 42" and I just can't hack the widescreen PQ. :p

Wii U is a year off.....Which means we'll finally get true widescreen, as in getting more picture on each sides, plus HD(1080p games instead of 720 hopefully), HDMI connection, 3D support, NextGen graphcis and the like. B-) But for now, I'm sticking with Fullscreen with my Wii.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

782. Posted:

Arrived at the Lanayru Mine today. It's been a while (years) since I've had a 7-hour gaming session. Looooved the Indiana Jones references in dungeon 2, and this game's bosses already have Twilight Princess' beat. And its difficulty is juuust right too. If it keeps this up it'll definitely replace Wind Waker as my favourite Zelda (and thus videogame) of all time. But no pressure.

I could nitpick a little bit but for all intents and purposes this is a flawless game.

Edited on by citizenerased

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

783. Posted:

I pre-ordered this game yesterday at Best Buy, and lucky me, they're giving away a 10 dollar gift card with the purchase of this game. Score!

And as for the talk about the games graphics and TVs to play on, I play on an old, probably 25", Zenith and Wii games look awesome on it. Wii games look like crap on HD TVs.

Edited on by SamuraiShyGuy

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

Mizore

784. Posted:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

I pre-ordered this game yesterday at Best Buy, and lucky me, they're giving away a 10 dollar gift card with the purchase of this game. Score!

And as for the talk about the games graphics and TVs to play on, I play on an old, probably 25", Zenith and Wii games look awesome on it. Wii games look like crap on HD TVs.

I have an HD TV...>.>
They don't look THAT bad. xD

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

Link-Hero

785. Posted:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

I play Wii games on a 1080p Plasma and a 720p LCD and the games look fine on both to me...

Edited on by Link-Hero

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

786. Posted:

Eureka wrote:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

I have an HD TV...>.>
They don't look THAT bad. xD

Wii games look amazing on my HDTV, again for the millionth time in 4:3 when using component cables. I've played the Wii on a share of CRT's during it's run and the only thing i miss is CRT motion, aside from the zero input lag. Wii games in full screen on an LCD will look more crisp, clean and clear than on any SDTV, and that's mainly because you're getting progressive scan on an LCD HDTV and they're known for producing a slightly cleaner image overall. Plus you have an arsenal of color management and gamut controls that can surpass any CRT, depending.

But damn do i miss that amazing CRT motion? sigh*. :p I'd rather play Metroid Prime 3 on my CRT than my LCD for that reason alone. But the brightness that my LCD blasts out is incredible.

Anyways!....So uh, how's that Zelda? :D

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

787. Posted:

Link-Hero wrote:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

I play Wii games on a 1080p Plasma and a 720p LCD and the games look fine on both to me...

Which of the two do you prefer to play on? Let me guess your Plasma pumps out better motion, while your LCD has the greater brightness? Damn these tech's and their trade off's. :p

AuthorMessage

JGMR

788. Posted:

What a game...

Hint : Go sit on a stool longer than necessary and see what happens...hahaha...

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

Adam

789. Posted:

The game looks great on my TV. Unfortunately, after 4 hours of playing, that's about all the good I can say about it.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

WolfRamHeart

790. Posted:

This is going to be a long week for me. I'm waiting for Amazon to ship out my Skyward Sword Gold Remote Bundle. I'm having a blast playing Super Mario 3D Land and Skyrim but I'm still dying to play Zelda. I'm sure that it is going to be awesome. :)

WolfRamHeart

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9821-2538 | Nintendo Network ID: WolfRamHeart

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

791. Posted:

Adam wrote:

The game looks great on my TV. Unfortunately, after 4 hours of playing, that's about all the good I can say about it.

So it only looks good? You don't like how it plays?

I get paid on Thursday, but I'm not sure if the Collector's Edition (with gold Wii Remote) will still be available then.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

792. Posted:

I'm getting it tomorrow! :D

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

Crystalking18

793. Posted:

I've had a ncie 4 hour session with the game, and as of now I'm at the Skyview Temple. I just died on a skulltulla. This is actually one of the hardest Zelda's I've played. So far, the game is great and I'm looking forward to more of it. On a side note, I'd never thoght I'd use the stones for help, but I had to for the skulltulla, and there's no shame about it :)

FF6: Release year- 1994
Kefka's birthday - November 9th
So.... my life is practically mirroring Kefka? Cool.

AuthorMessage

LinktotheFuture

794. Posted:

Got super lucky, the Best Buy I go to only had one copy that wasn't held for a preorder. Super glad i got there when they opened. Awesome game!

The chickens are restless.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5282-6926

AuthorMessage

3DS

795. Posted:

Almost at the Temple of Time just have to pass the Lanayru Mining Facility and Im there

Conduit 2 = 2150-8520-4215 - Nickname = Conor
3DS = 0817-3849-1308. Name = [NL] 3DS
Goldeneye FC = 2768-9180-5064 Nickname = [NL] 3DS
Skype = Conor3000

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

796. Posted:

People need to stop worrying about the bundle :P

I'm sure in December, when I have money (hopefully), I'll be able to get the bundle on Amazon, possibly even $10 off like I did with Epic Mickey and Goldeneye 007

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

ocarinaoftime

797. Posted:

I can say so far i like it alot...i dont know what to say without accudently spoiling something for someone...the only videos i saw to this game before buying was ign review and e3 video... But i have had this game paid for sence febuary...

ocarinaoftime

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

798. Posted:

Buunnnddllleeee!

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Link-Hero

799. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Link-Hero wrote:

Which of the two do you prefer to play on? Let me guess your Plasma pumps out better motion, while your LCD has the greater brightness? Damn these tech's and their trade off's. :p

I prefer the plasma because it’s a larger screen and Wii games look better on it. Don’t notice any difference in motion or input lag.

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

800. Posted:

The Wii has a true 16:9 mode, and Skyward Sword is optimised for 4:3 and 16:9 TVs. I'm playing this on a 16:9 and it couldn't look better.

By the way, I'm in Ranelle right now. That's the 3rd temple.

The game is very playable and beautiful so far. The controls are fantastic, characters and enemies look awesome and are superbly animated. It's like an advanced Wind Waker engine. The puzzles are fun and fresh - not just a rehash of old ideas. Lots of stuff never seen before in Zelda - and you play it like you've never played a Zelda before. And it all feels very smooth.

I think many of the new ideas introduced in Skyward Sword should/will be brought over to future Zelda games.

scatterkid.weebly.com