Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 741 to 760 of 1,934

AuthorMessage

pntjr

741. Posted:

tealovertoma wrote:

bonesy91 wrote:

@pntjr I saw that... I normally don't care about reviews (though NL has some awesome ones) but the guy who reviewed this is just sad. one of the biggest issues he had with the game were the controls... and you want to know why? He thought he was suppose to play it like twilight princess (waggle to swing, point wiimote at screen to shoot. etc.) so obviously this guy had no Idea how to play the game he was reviewing, and even when realizing it was his fault that it didn't control well He still stands by his 7.5 review... even though his biggest complaint was the controls...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEge_2Vuft0

(this guy is hilarious and awesome), check out his other vids)

Win. Just win.

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter: pntjrx

AuthorMessage

3DS

742. Posted:

Iv now accumulated over 11 hours in the game and finished two temples and their bosses and meet up with Zelda again but then lost here moments after :P

Conduit 2 = 2150-8520-4215 - Nickname = Conor
3DS = 0817-3849-1308. Name = [NL] 3DS
Goldeneye FC = 2768-9180-5064 Nickname = [NL] 3DS
Skype = Conor3000

AuthorMessage

bonesy91

743. Posted:

pntjr wrote:

tealovertoma wrote:

bonesy91 wrote:

@pntjr I saw that... I normally don't care about reviews (though NL has some awesome ones) but the guy who reviewed this is just sad. one of the biggest issues he had with the game were the controls... and you want to know why? He thought he was suppose to play it like twilight princess (waggle to swing, point wiimote at screen to shoot. etc.) so obviously this guy had no Idea how to play the game he was reviewing, and even when realizing it was his fault that it didn't control well He still stands by his 7.5 review... even though his biggest complaint was the controls...

Win. Just win.

Haha Yup and that proves it. Those controls sure are broken :D

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AuthorMessage

rubbernec320

744. Posted:

Well I don't think best buy is an option and walmart said they'd have it out by noon tomorrow (so probably not at midnight) =( Whatever I'll have to pick it up as soon as I can but I'll preorder from now on because NSMB wii sold out in one day but I got the last copy.

3DS FC:2449-4618-2796
Nintendo Network ID: rubbernec320
I have a Poison Safari with Mothim, Seviper and Muk.

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

745. Posted:

Awesome video. I loved when the guy shrugged after the game performed flawlessly. :D I just pre-ordered the bundle today at Best Buy, one day before the game releases. I didn't want to take any chances, especially after I went to Toys R Us and they were out of pre-orders.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

Popyman

746. Posted:

That video was indeed amazing. XD Honestly, I am SICK of people complaining over review scores all the damn time but, in this case, GameSpot really messed up. It's obvious that guy had no clue how to control the game--there's even video proof now!

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

747. Posted:

Ugh, the store here BETTER have it tomorrow...the majority of the time when I pick up a new game...ends up not being there on release date. :/
Which doesn't make any sense, especially when sometimes I pre-order...>_>
Gonna try and get this tomorrow.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Henmii

748. Posted:

"However, after the minuscule instruction, um,
fold-out that came with Super Mario 3D Land, I'm not expecting much. It was BARELY instructive, and it sure wasn't a booklet"

Oh man, that certainly doesn't sound good!

I have finished the woods and the first dungeon. The woods where very linear, and if the rest will be like this then I think it's very bad. Luckily the dungeon was great fun (and very atmospheric) and the boss was surprisingly hard. I actually was shocked by this! I guess the following bosses are even harder! And that's a good thing! Also, the beetle item was fun!

Henmii

AuthorMessage

rubbernec320

749. Posted:

@eureka Where do you buy your games? If only gamestop would let me preorder one of their bundles even though they're all reserved. I better be able to get the bundle at walmart at midnight without preordering.

3DS FC:2449-4618-2796
Nintendo Network ID: rubbernec320
I have a Poison Safari with Mothim, Seviper and Muk.

AuthorMessage

C-195

750. Posted:

4..........more..........days..........

You know, I would find my ocarina and play the song of double time if the universe would stop telling me that such a thing is pointless. sigh

On the bright side, I'll have a three day weekend to enjoy it and all the school work I'm hopping to get done this week will make it feel so worth it! (Along with the five year wait.)

Edited on by C-195

C-195

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

751. Posted:

Usually just Gamestop...but I sometimes go to other stores only to find them all sold-out as well. Yet they're restocked the following day and I'm like "wtf?" o.0
I don't do the whole midnight thing either. >.>

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

752. Posted:

I'm buying the game at Best Buy, where I buy all my Wii games. I would buy my games at Walmart, where I work, but their "accidental damage" protection plan sucks. At Best Buy, I can just exchange the game in-store (no need to call a repair service number and mail the disc in).

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

753. Posted:

The new Toys R Us ad has this game with a 10 dollar gift card when you buy it. Unfortunately, my local Toys R Us was out of pre-orders when I checked today. Hopefully Best Buy will have some deal as well.

Oh, and I saw a track listing of the fully orchestrated CD. It has 8 songs I think totally over 40 minutes of music. Each song is pretty long. Can't wait!

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

SteveW

754. Posted:

Does anyone else think the graphics are ugly? I'm only an hour into it so far but the beginning almost looks like an N64 game, hard to believe they look that bad with a lof of reviews giving the graphics a 10. So far the graphics are not up to par with other Nintendo Wii games...

SteveW

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

755. Posted:

SteveW wrote:

Does anyone else think the graphics are ugly? I'm only an hour into it so far but the beginning almost looks like an N64 game, hard to believe they look that bad with a lof of reviews giving the graphics a 10. So far the graphics are not up to par with other Nintendo Wii games...

Um... what kind of TV do you have?

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

756. Posted:

@Viewtiful_Joe

I have to agree with him. Some of the textures are very bland and flat. The overall effect of a "watercolor painting come to life" is a novel idea, but on the Wii it just looks very bland with those low-resolution textures.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

SteveW

757. Posted:

I'm playing on a 56" widescreen DLP TV, I take back the N64 part, it's not that bad but it just doesn't look as good as I expected, some of the reviews say it pushes the Wii graphics to the max but I'm just not seeing that, I think there are better looking games on the Wii.

Edited on by SteveW

SteveW

AuthorMessage

SonicMaster

758. Posted:

Went to the midnight release tonight with my bro. Still haven't played it, though.

I have trouble finishing games.
Current victims of shelving: Ni no Kuni, Dragon Quest VIII, Ratchet Deadlocked

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

759. Posted:

Had a nice sitdown with Mr Tubert. What a great guy.

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

760. Posted:

tealovertoma wrote:

bonesy91 wrote:

:D This vid is amazing. **shrug**

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf