Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 721 to 740 of 1,934

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

721. Posted:

Henmii wrote:

I bought it yesterday and so far I like it (though if it can stand side to side with the best Zelda titles has yet to be seen)! The game starts with a nice story setting up the game. Strangely, after playing the game for the first time it seems the story (or legend, if you will) seems to be gone! Anyway, the cursor on the file-select menu was very slow and it actually made me fear of the controls of the game. Link starts out in a room and there he also moves very slow. Luckily, as soon as you go outside Link becomes much quicker! Link can also run this time, wich is great fun! There are fruits scattered around that replenish your stamina so you can basically run around forever (or so it seems). By the way, you can still roll if you want to. And at a certain point you can turn most of the interface of, wich I did since that way you see more of the game! The graphics look much better then on a computer, though sometimes it looks dull (like in the first little grotto). The music is also nice! The cutscenes are nice! The game has a nice atmosphere. I especially got a taste of this at night in Skyloft where you have to follow a certain character. Awesome atmosphere there! The sword-controls are also fun and work good on unarmed enemies. However, I had big trouble with the first armed enemies. For some reason I couldn't hit them at all, the proper way. So I just hit them with some spin-attacks! I am very early into the woods now. Let's see how this game unrolls!

Oh, I have a few complaints about the whole package. I was a bit dissapointed that for Europe the music CD just comes in a CD envelope (though a nice looking one at that, I have to admit), while in America it comes in the actual game-box! Another complaint is that while the manual is very big, it contains almost nothing! It's big because of all the languages, but it has almost no content. No story, no characters, no items, no artwork! The back of the game-box is also very bare-bones. It hasn't even a little bit of text of what for game it actually is. It feels as if the whole package wasn't meant for sale! The good points are though that the CD contains far more stuff then the Mario anniversary CD (45 minutes of content). There is a little voucher regarding the CD that contains a nice piece of artwork. And the front of the game-box and the actual disc look also nice! The disc doesn't seem to be double-layered, so that should be a big relief for people who have trouble with those! And the controller looks also nice!

I really would love to hear about the standalone package (without the controller). Are the manuals from those also bare-bones? Does it have a little text on the back that tells what kind of game it actually is? I would love to know! That my package was so bare-bones was especially dissapointing since it's such a big game. It should have been handled better!

I don't know yet about the Skyward Sword instructions here in North America. However, after the minuscule instruction, um,
fold-out that came with Super Mario 3D Land, I'm not expecting much. It was BARELY instructive, and it sure wasn't a booklet. I've seen bigger, more elaborate, and interesting fold-out advertisements come with past games. Apparently Nintendo has a non-existent instruction booklet budget. I found it disgraceful, considering how beautiful and amazing instruction booklets once were. Maybe they'll eventually cease them altogether in favor of 30 minute-long in-game tutorials. :(

I know I'm buying a game, and not an instruction booklet. However, I consider the instruction part of the experience. Those who remember, imagine the original NES Zelda without its iconic gold instruction booklet with the captivating story and images, plus the sealed map!

Edited on by FluttershyGuy

Brony since 7/28/11
Fluttershy is best pony!!!
"Once Upon a Time" fan, and Evil Regal.
Lana Parrilla is sexiest woman alive!
FluttershyGuy on Nintendo Network. 3DS Friend Code 5241-1915-3356.

AuthorMessage

JGMR

722. Posted:

YES! I've swapped the box containing the broken Golden Wii Motion Plus controller for a normal copy plus a Motion Plus add-on. It seems to work...I'm very curious...

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

pntjr

723. Posted:

Just to celebreate the Zelda mood, here's a Zelda Rap!
It's soooo HILARIOUS!

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter: pntjrx

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

724. Posted:

There's a spoiler in that video.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

pntjr

725. Posted:

KaiserGX wrote:

There's a spoiler in that video.

Where?

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

726. Posted:

Eh, actually never mind. No would would notice it anyways, it was unintentional. You'll see when you beat Skyward Sword.

Kachou on!

AuthorMessage

Late

727. Posted:

pntjr wrote:

Just to celebreate the Zelda mood, here's a Zelda Rap!
It's soooo HILARIOUS!

I just watched the same video about 5 hours ago :D

3DS FC: 3566-1647-7196
My Backloggery
My Pullblox puzzles
Be kind and feed my Pokémon :)

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1647-7196

AuthorMessage

Blaze

728. Posted:

Love the game! Got it early this morning, even though I was meant to get it yesterday! So far definitely my favourite Zelda and possibly my favourite game ever. The graphics make great use of the Wii's capabilities and the gameplay is amazing! It really is unbelievable how well the motionplus reacts to your movement! I can't yet really pass judgement, as I'm only 5 hours in, but it really is a complete reinvention of the old Zelda formula. :-)

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

729. Posted:

I played the demo at Best buy.. got my ass kicked :D

I love the challenge this game brings in combat. Makes it even more engaging.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

BenAV

730. Posted:

I'm sick of waiting.
Hurry up, Thursday!
D:

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Blaze

731. Posted:

@KomicZ The enemies are a lot tougher in Skyward Sword! Even some of the very first enemies in Faron Woods will take a hard time beating. I suppose it's the games way of making you perfect your sword skills! :-)

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

732. Posted:

My shield broke so fast ;__; I bought 2 extra right away haha. So happy I got it today, in 2 days from UK to Netherlands for 2/3 of the price, good job Amazon.

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage

bonesy91

733. Posted:

Ugh can't wait (21 hours till the game is in my grasp) just wondering, where is everyone picking up their copy of Skyward Sword?

I'll be getting mine at Bestbuy. This week they are having a deal where if you buy Skyward Sword, you get A free 10$ giftcard (that includes the Bundle also)

And target is having a good deal at the moment too. Buy a new Wii and get Skyward sword free. (not the bundle though)

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

734. Posted:

I'm getting the bundle from GameStop with no deal. All I care about it is having Skyward Sword, no matter what the price is.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

pntjr

735. Posted:

Gamespot gave this game a 7.5. They probably lost 1000 subscribers because of this.

Edited on by pntjr

AuthorMessage

bonesy91

736. Posted:

@Oddy Haha yeah, I know what you mean. ;) I did pre order it from Gamestop but found out the BestBuy close to me was gonna sell it too.

@pntjr I saw that... I normally don't care about reviews (though NL has some awesome ones) but the guy who reviewed this is just sad. one of the biggest issues he had with the game were the controls... and you want to know why? He thought he was suppose to play it like twilight princess (waggle to swing, point wiimote at screen to shoot. etc.) so obviously this guy had no Idea how to play the game he was reviewing, and even when realizing it was his fault that it didn't control well He still stands by his 7.5 review... even though his biggest complaint was the controls...

honestly, I'm just stunned lol.

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AuthorMessage

rubbernec320

737. Posted:

Wow, I just called both of my gamestops and they're both sold out (of the bundle at least). One is having a midnight release which is awesome but not for me since I can't get what I want. Well I could either just get the normal copy or stop by walmart at night to get it. Does anybody know when walmart puts out their games as a midnight release? (or would best buy be better to go get it?)

3DS FC:2449-4618-2796
Nintendo Network ID: rubbernec320
I have a Poison Safari with Mothim, Seviper and Muk.

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

738. Posted:

No I think Walmart only gets their shipments on Tuesday or Wednesday. My best bet for you is to try Best Buy.
Edit: You should give them a call before you head out. They sometimes receive stuff on the day, or early.

Edited on by KaiserGX

Kachou on!

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

739. Posted:

bonesy91 wrote:

@pntjr I saw that... I normally don't care about reviews (though NL has some awesome ones) but the guy who reviewed this is just sad. one of the biggest issues he had with the game were the controls... and you want to know why? He thought he was suppose to play it like twilight princess (waggle to swing, point wiimote at screen to shoot. etc.) so obviously this guy had no Idea how to play the game he was reviewing, and even when realizing it was his fault that it didn't control well He still stands by his 7.5 review... even though his biggest complaint was the controls...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEge_2Vuft0

(this guy is hilarious and awesome), check out his other vids)

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

740. Posted:

This is why you preorder big games a least a month before ;)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky