Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 701 to 720 of 1,934

AuthorMessage

3DS

701. Posted:

When they say 1:1 it's only the movement of the sword. The slashes only go in 4 ways(Horizontally, Vertically and Diagonally) with the stab and 2 spin attack(Horizontally and Vertically). The sword controls beautifully and everything has been put together perfectly! The Golden Wii-Mote is cool with the royal family crest on it. Still got to listen to the CD but so far the game I would give it 100/100

Edited on by 3DS

Conduit 2 = 2150-8520-4215 - Nickname = Conor
3DS = 0817-3849-1308. Name = [NL] 3DS
Goldeneye FC = 2768-9180-5064 Nickname = [NL] 3DS
Skype = Conor3000

AuthorMessage

apa-sl

702. Posted:

I have two complaints about the game:
1) our guidance in the form of Fi character is annoying. It always kick in on it's own after every mayor step forward in the main story. I prefer to think by myself where generally go next and for example who to ask... In my opinion Fi should only give us guidance outside the cinematic AFTER we ask her to do so.

2) after 25 years we still cannot skip forward texts that have been already seen :-)

Nevertheless excellent game!

Edited on by apa-sl

http://www.ElimiDateapp.com - mobile dating gamification

AuthorMessage

Late

703. Posted:

My Skyward Sword didn't arrive today. Now I have to wait till Monday. ;( I just hate Finnish postal service they always seem to send my games day or two later than they should. I got an e-mail that the game has been sent on Wednesday, it should've arrived already.

3DS FC: 3566-1647-7196
My Backloggery
My Pullblox puzzles
Be kind and feed my Pokémon :)

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1647-7196

AuthorMessage

James

704. Posted:

@3DS The slashes go in eight directions, really — left to right, right to left etc. — which becomes more important as you go through.

I am not ignoring you. I just do not post much.

AuthorMessage

Link79

705. Posted:

I get the feeling part of the length of the game involves figuring out the patterns of each enemy.
Almost like every encounter is a small puzzle itself. Would I be correct in this assumption?
I just hope it's acurate and Link doesn't start doing moves I wasn't meaning to do.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

706. Posted:

I've heard a few complaints about Fi around the web. Does she start to shut up after the first dungeon or so?

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Link79

707. Posted:

Fi couldn't possibly be as bad as Navi.
HEY! LOOK! LISTEN!
I thought I remember reading something about Fi supposedly being less intrusive.
She better not be telling me to press A everytime I approach a door or something obvious like that.

Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

Late

708. Posted:

It's weird that I never had anything against Navi. I think most people make the Navi story a little bigger than it really is. Navi doesn't say those things all that often. At least what I've played OoT and OoT3D.

3DS FC: 3566-1647-7196
My Backloggery
My Pullblox puzzles
Be kind and feed my Pokémon :)

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1647-7196

AuthorMessage

Meta-Rift

709. Posted:

@Late: Agreed, I was never annoyed by her interruptions. On the other hand, she wouldn't let me figure out puzzles on my own, and for a character that you spend the entire game with, her personality is pretty flat.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage

NX01Trekkie1992

710. Posted:

Fi can't POSSIBLY be worse than Navi in OoT3D (she was even more annoying in the remake), everytime I paused the game, put it in sleep mode for 6 hours, and came back later she would tell me to take a break after playing for less than five seconds... >.>

NX01Trekkie1992

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

711. Posted:

Awesome. With a sidekick named Fi, I'll feel like Michael Westen in Burn Notice! Hope this Fi is as trigger happy and fun as Fiona, LOL (no, that's asking too much). I can give little narratives during cutscenes about being a "burned" adventurer stuck in Skyloft, LOL! Now, who's gonna be my Sam Axe? :) I'll find out in a couple of days, being American and stuff.

Oh, Fi vs. Navi, with the above, name-wise anyway, Fi wins. Since Navi now shares a name with James Cameron Smurfs! :p

Edited on by FluttershyGuy

Brony since 7/28/11
Fluttershy is best pony!!!
"Once Upon a Time" fan, and Evil Regal.
Lana Parrilla is sexiest woman alive!
FluttershyGuy on Nintendo Network. 3DS Friend Code 5241-1915-3356.

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

712. Posted:

Meta-Rift wrote:

and for a character that you spend the entire game with, her personality is pretty flat.

Exactly. I've said it before, but one of the reasons Twilight Princess made for such an enjoyable game was Midna, the first sidekick character in a Zelda game that I actually wanted to talk to me, because her personality was entertaining and well-written.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage

Link79

713. Posted:

I really liked Midna too. She's got that devious little grin that just adds to her personality.
She never bugs you about where to go next either. I still think Twilight Princess is an awesome game!
I'm playing through it again right now in fact!

Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

JGMR

714. Posted:

Bought the box which includes the Golden Wii Remote Plus...and guess what? It doesn't connect...sigh

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

Bacon_Gal_Blaze

715. Posted:

I'm really annoyed, my pre order didn't arrive from Amazon UK when it was meant to! :-(

Ah well, I suppose I can wait until tomorrow.

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

AuthorMessage

3DS

716. Posted:

90s_Gamer wrote:

Bought the box which includes the Golden Wii Remote Plus...and guess what? It doesn't connect...sigh

It should mine did yesterday. Wonder why it doesn't connect to your Wii?

Skype = Conor3000

AuthorMessage

JGMR

717. Posted:

3DS wrote:

It should mine did yesterday. Wonder why it doesn't connect to your Wii?

Must be a technical problem. I'm going to return it tomorrow morning and ask for another copy.

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

3DS

718. Posted:

James wrote:

@3DS The slashes go in eight directions, really — left to right, right to left etc. — which becomes more important as you go through.

Yeah I just realised that :P I feel so stupid saying that :) To be fair I wasn't concentrating on what I was saying there as I was playing Skyward Sword at the time :P

Skype = Conor3000

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

719. Posted:

I'm genuinely getting excited now, less than 48 hours from playing it. I got Twilight Princess on GameCube. I couldn't afford Wii at the time, and they were in short supply anyway. So, this will be my first Wii Zelda! Thinking of first Zelda experiences on other consoles:
NES: The Legend of Zelda
SNES: A Link to the Past
GB: Link's Awakening
N64: Ocarina of Time
GC: The Wind Waker
GBA: Minish Cap
DS: Phantom Hourglass
Not a loser to be found in that group, to say the least (not counting Ocarina 3D on 3DS, being a remake). Some of the greatest games of all time in that list! Couldn't it be argued that Skyward Sword IS the first TRUE Wii Zelda, since Twilight Princess was originally built as a GameCube game, which was slightly enhanced for the Wii?

Edited on by FluttershyGuy

Brony since 7/28/11
Fluttershy is best pony!!!
"Once Upon a Time" fan, and Evil Regal.
Lana Parrilla is sexiest woman alive!
FluttershyGuy on Nintendo Network. 3DS Friend Code 5241-1915-3356.

AuthorMessage

Henmii

720. Posted:

I bought it yesterday and so far I like it (though if it can stand side to side with the best Zelda titles has yet to be seen)! The game starts with a nice story setting up the game. Strangely, after playing the game for the first time it seems the story (or legend, if you will) seems to be gone! Anyway, the cursor on the file-select menu was very slow and it actually made me fear of the controls of the game. Link starts out in a room and there he also moves very slow. Luckily, as soon as you go outside Link becomes much quicker! Link can also run this time, wich is great fun! There are fruits scattered around that replenish your stamina so you can basically run around forever (or so it seems). By the way, you can still roll if you want to. And at a certain point you can turn most of the interface of, wich I did since that way you see more of the game! The graphics look much better then on a computer, though sometimes it looks dull (like in the first little grotto). The music is also nice! The cutscenes are nice! The game has a nice atmosphere. I especially got a taste of this at night in Skyloft where you have to follow a certain character. Awesome atmosphere there! The sword-controls are also fun and work good on unarmed enemies. However, I had big trouble with the first armed enemies. For some reason I couldn't hit them at all, the proper way. So I just hit them with some spin-attacks! I am very early into the woods now. Let's see how this game unrolls!

Oh, I have a few complaints about the whole package. I was a bit dissapointed that for Europe the music CD just comes in a CD envelope (though a nice looking one at that, I have to admit), while in America it comes in the actual game-box! Another complaint is that while the manual is very big, it contains almost nothing! It's big because of all the languages, but it has almost no content. No story, no characters, no items, no artwork! The back of the game-box is also very bare-bones. It hasn't even a little bit of text of what for game it actually is. It feels as if the whole package wasn't meant for sale! The good points are though that the CD contains far more stuff then the Mario anniversary CD (45 minutes of content). There is a little voucher regarding the CD that contains a nice piece of artwork. And the front of the game-box and the actual disc look also nice! The disc doesn't seem to be double-layered, so that should be a big relief for people who have trouble with those! And the controller looks also nice!

I really would love to hear about the standalone package (without the controller). Are the manuals from those also bare-bones? Does it have a little text on the back that tells what kind of game it actually is? I would love to know! That my package was so bare-bones was especially dissapointing since it's such a big game. It should have been handled better!

Henmii