Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 681 to 700 of 1,934

AuthorMessage

edhe

681. Posted:

For all those upset that some reviewer gave Zelda a low score (may contain swearing - it's a Jim Sterling video):

http://www.destructoid.com/the-jimquisition-hate-out-of-ten-2...

When I initially heard about Gamespot's review score, naturally I was a bit miffed (despite having not played it yet), but what purpose does it serve to get worked up about a review. If you're worried someone might pass it up because of a negative review, you can be thankful that in this case, Zelda Skyward Sword is otherwise universally praised.

By the way, the point of the video if you aren't able to watch it is that Jim Sterling (of Distructiod) rants about how butthurt people got when a game was given an 8 out of 10, where they thought it deserved much more.

PS - still waiting for my copy. Like I said, it had been despatched already, but It's probabbly a standard delivery, and will be here tomorrow.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery
Wii #: 2706 9539 1977 4210
Yes. I have Wii Music
Edwardpon playplay Xenoblade Chronicles
WarioWare D.I.Y
Even I don't know how to pronounce my username
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

682. Posted:

Faron wrote:

Gamespot gave it 7.5. I seriously don't have a f*****g clue what they are thinking. They gave TP 8.8, so according to them, TP is better than SS. Also, in metacritic, TP= 9.5, SS= 9.4. And just because this one twisted opinion. Well, maybe i should just enjoy all the 10/10's SS got from ign, GI and others.

Pardon me, but this is an opinion! Just because most people like it doesn't mean everyone does. I can defend this reviewer by relating this to my own experiences. I've played games many people loved and got high reviews, and I personally either didn't care for them or hated them. Reviews reflect the reviewer's opinion and thus they can dislike the game you love whether you like it or not.

Edited on by WaLzgi

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

pixelman

683. Posted:

lz20XX wrote:

Faron wrote:

Gamespot gave it 7.5. I seriously don't have a f*****g clue what they are thinking. They gave TP 8.8, so according to them, TP is better than SS. Also, in metacritic, TP= 9.5, SS= 9.4. And just because this one twisted opinion. Well, maybe i should just enjoy all the 10/10's SS got from ign, GI and others.

Pardon me, but this is an opinion! Just because most people like it doesn't mean everyone does. I can defend this reviewer by relating this to my own experiences. I've played games many people loved and got high reviews, and I personally either didn't care for them or hated them. Reviews reflect the reviewer's opinion and thus they can dislike the game you love whether you like it or not.

B.S. Reviews are supposed to reflect what everyone wants them to reflect so that they can gloat about it and appease their ill-concealed inner-fanboy.

Edited on by pixelman

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

Red-acteur

684. Posted:

haha ! Well On my side, I've finished the third temple, and it is reaaaaally great ! I LOVE it ! I can see a few problems here and there that kinda affect the flow of the game, but it's a Zelda, and if you've played them, you know what I mean : wandering aimlessly in a room searching for the thingy to activate to go to the next ^^ And since the game isn't officially out yet, it really is my wits vs the game for once, and not even with a guide (because you know, when it's available, it's too tempting to have a peek ! Here, I'm having the full Zelda experience ! (I just hope there isn't any water temple ^^')

Red-acteur

AuthorMessage

Late

685. Posted:

My game has been shipped. Hoping for it to come tomorrow! But I guess Friday is okay too...

3DS FC: 3566-1647-7196
My Backloggery
My Pullblox puzzles
Be kind and feed my Pokémon :)

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1647-7196

AuthorMessage

Meta-Rift

686. Posted:

@Red-acteur: If you don't mind me asking, there's one thing I want to know about the game before it comes out here. What's it like outside the dungeons? (What I mean is, does a lot of the adventure take place on the overworld, and is there a lot of navigation and traveling?)

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

687. Posted:

I'm just annoyed at the low scores because I want it to be proven in every way that other 3D Zeldas are better than OOT. Because they are.

and regardless, no one should take Gamespot seriously. They're only behind Kotaku in terms of sucking. In fact, Gamespot's opinion does not even exist.

yeah, I have a feeling those 80s on Metacritic are gonna annoy people, they are the lowest scores after all, but hey it has a better Metacritic score than MW3, which is all that matters (yes it does matter sadly, ask certain developers)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

Red-acteur

688. Posted:

Meta-Rift wrote:

@Red-acteur: If you don't mind me asking, there's one thing I want to know about the game before it comes out here. What's it like outside the dungeons? (What I mean is, does a lot of the adventure take place on the overworld, and is there a lot of navigation and traveling?)

Without trying to spoil too much, I'm gonna say that there definitely is an overworld. The thing is, the story is sooo compelling to me (well, I'm motivated by the will to see what comes next really) that I didn't really take the time to explore. There are a few islands scattered here and there on the map, but I didn't really wanted to go there. But once you go below the clouds, it's closed environments with no connexion whatsoever (which isn't a bad thing because they are huuuuge... on your first visit, because it really is easy to get lost ^^''). But I've got to ssay, I ran into a nice trick that blew me away gameply-wise, that considerably change the game in a good way, but I won't talk about it :p

Oh and the puzzles are quite fun, BUT ! If you've played all them Zeldas, you're going to find them between easy and mildly challenging (in the sense it really follows the same logic of the previous games) : in one case, there was one, I just looked a bit and in 5 seconds tops I figured out how it worked. If you aren't used to those puzzles, you're gonna get a bit stumped ^^ (I'm so glad the guides aren't up yet, so I'm not tempted ! I'm living the true experience !)

Red-acteur

AuthorMessage

Adam

689. Posted:

Faron wrote:

Gamespot gave it 7.5. I seriously don't have a f*****g clue what they are thinking.

Unless you have a review copy of the game and have already played through it to the end, then I have to agree with you. You don't have a f*****ing clue what they are thinking.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

NX01Trekkie1992

690. Posted:

edhe wrote:

For all those upset that some reviewer gave Zelda a low score (may contain swearing - it's a Jim Sterling video):

When I initially heard about Gamespot's review score, naturally I was a bit miffed (despite having not played it yet), but what purpose does it serve to get worked up about a review. If you're worried someone might pass it up because of a negative review, you can be thankful that in this case, Zelda Skyward Sword is otherwise universally praised.

By the way, the point of the video if you aren't able to watch it is that Jim Sterling (of Distructiod) rants about how butthurt people got when a game was given an 8 out of 10, where they thought it deserved much more.

his spaz attack at the end of that video made my LIFE, I couldn't stop laughing for 20 minutes

Weird Adam wrote:

Faron wrote:

Gamespot gave it 7.5. I seriously don't have a f*****g clue what they are thinking.

Unless you have a review copy of the game and have already played through it to the end, then I have to agree with you. You don't have a f*****ing clue what they are thinking.

good sir, I could NOT have put it better, brilliant

Edited on by NX01Trekkie1992

NX01Trekkie1992

AuthorMessage

Link79

691. Posted:

I think we can all agree no Zelda game has ever been bad. (The CDi game doesn't count of course.)
Nintendo must be doing something right if the series has kept going for 25 years.
Don't base your opinion of this game on what someone else thinks.
It's your own opinion that matters.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

BenAV

692. Posted:

edhe wrote:

Ironic how when I opened that link there was a Skyward Sword ad sitting right next to the video.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

NX01Trekkie1992

693. Posted:

Link79 wrote:

I think we can all agree no Zelda game has ever been bad. (The CDi game doesn't count of course.)
Nintendo must be doing something right if the series has kept going for 25 years.
Don't base your opinion of this game on what someone else thinks.
It's your own opinion that matters.

the CD-i games cannot be counted as Zelda games, those are what we refer to as blasphemy

you are right though, we all KNOW the game is gonna be great, a lot of people are just getting angry over HOW great exactly... pointless really

Edited on by NX01Trekkie1992

NX01Trekkie1992

AuthorMessage

3DS

694. Posted:

Just spent just under 2 hours on Skyward Sword IT IS AMAZING!!!

Conduit 2 = 2150-8520-4215 - Nickname = Conor
3DS = 0817-3849-1308. Name = [NL] 3DS
Goldeneye FC = 2768-9180-5064 Nickname = [NL] 3DS
Skype = Conor3000

AuthorMessage

Demmi-Alpha

695. Posted:

I'm so jelly. D:

Artist and Game Designer

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3326-9455 | Nintendo Network ID: Demmi-Alpha

AuthorMessage

NX01Trekkie1992

696. Posted:

3... more... days... cannot wait...

NX01Trekkie1992

AuthorMessage

edhe

697. Posted:

I've got my copy.

I'm looking at the extra content first, and here's something - Do North Americans get an accompanying booklet for the 25th Anniversary as pointless as the European one?

Basically, it's a tracklisting, a short paragraph from each VIP (Miyamoto, Kondo, Aonuma) translated into 12 different languages and a nice photo of who I assume is the production team arranged into a Triforce formation (Miyamoto's pose is epic!).

I probably could have done with getting a Standard Edition - hopefully, the CD will prove it a worthy purchase.

@YashaTheSlayer (RE: Jim Sterling) You and me both. Jim is a very funny man. PS - did you catch my "Distructiod" reference? The typos people make in indignant emails to reviewers...

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery
Yes. I have Wii Music
WarioWare D.I.Y
Follow a cow?

AuthorMessage

NX01Trekkie1992

698. Posted:

edhe wrote:

You and me both. Jim is a very funny man. PS - did you catch my "Distructiod" reference? The typos people make in indignant emails to reviewers...

First off, lucky dog getting your copy already, I got another 3 days to wait before my gamestop starts handing them out. Second, no, I didn't, lol

NX01Trekkie1992

AuthorMessage

edhe

699. Posted:

Listening to the CD, there's a surprising amount packed in. 8 tracks, but 3 of them are medleys of 8 minutes, 10 minutes and 10 minutes.

I was also happy to get my first Wii Remote+, so I don't regret buying the special edition one bit.

The remote is beautiful - even if it's encased in the thick padding (which I can always remove!)

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery
Yes. I have Wii Music
WarioWare D.I.Y
Follow a cow?

AuthorMessage

NX01Trekkie1992

700. Posted:

it looks gorgeous, I don't think I'll ever use another Wii Remote ever again, lol

NX01Trekkie1992