Forums

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Posts 641 to 660 of 1,952

Platypus

3DS wrote:

OMG Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is nearly here. My pre order should be sent tomorrow

Mine doesn't ship until December 1st

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

Blaze

Meta-Rift wrote:

MiracleBlaze wrote:

Meta-Rift wrote:

Anyway, Skyward Sword is guaranteed to be better than Ocarina of Time. And I predict that a large portion of the Zelda fanbase will complain about the best parts of the game.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/the-legend-of-zelda-skywar...

In case you were wondering, The original N64 Version of Ocarina of Time scored 99%.

I was not wondering, because

It should be blatantly obvious by now that Skyward Sword puts Ocarina of Time to shame.

How so? They're both great games, I doubt one of them can put the other to shame if they are both critically acclaimed masterpieces.

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

Meta-Rift

@MiracleBlaze: Unless you've been ignoring everything related to Skyward Sword in the past few months, I find it hard to believe that you think it might not be better than Ocarina of Time. Besides, it's not an unreasonable expectation. I'd be pretty disappointed if it wasn't better.

Meta-Rift

Blaze

@Meta-Rift: I'm not saying Skyward Sword can't necessarily be better than Ocarina of Time, what I'm saying is that it's kind of unfair how you make it sound like Ocarina of Time is some sort of abomination and that Skyward Sword will put it to shame. I don't see how Skyward Sword can put Ocarina to shame if they are both really great games.

My point is not that Skyward Sword can't be better, but that you seem to be treating Ocarina like an awful game. Especially judging by the way you say you'd be pretty dissapointed if Skyward Sword wasn't better than Ocarina of Time, when Ocarina of Time is statistically the best game ever made. It just seems you kind of have quite a low opinion on Ocarina, so I was just coming in to make my point.

Anyway, let's stop having some dumb argument about which is better, and simply say that Skyward Sword will be a great game, and that Ocarina was a great game.

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

Meta-Rift

I wasn't trying to argue about it, I was commenting on what was said on the previous page. >_<

Meta-Rift

citizenerased

Ocarina Of Time was the greatest game ever made... when it came out. It was revolutionizing and the new standard. That's exactly what it sounds like, developers - including nintendo - can use it as a foundation to build games on. So yes, many of them will be smoother/better paced/have better story/have more impressive artstyles.

The only reason why someone would still believe that OOT is the greatest game ever is because they appreciate it's revolutionising nature or because they've got rose-tinted glasses of the past. There's nothing wrong with that, but there's not a single element of OOT that hasn't been triumphed (apart from its influence).

Edited on by citizenerased

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

zezhyrule

tealovertoma wrote:

The only reason why someone would still believe that OOT is the greatest game ever is because they appreciate it's revolutionising nature or because they've got rose-tinted glasses of the past. There's nothing wrong with that, but there's not a single element of OOT that hasn't been triumphed (apart from its influence).

Or they genuinely think that it's amazing. Your opinions of what is 'better' or not don't change what other people prefer.

opinions =/= facts

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

johnhood

Rave reviews of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword made me consider buying a replacement Wii to play the game, and then I remembered that a relative won a free console. Win.

johnhood

Twitter:

pikku

zezzy wrote:

tealovertoma wrote:

The only reason why someone would still believe that OOT is the greatest game ever is because they appreciate it's revolutionising nature or because they've got rose-tinted glasses of the past. There's nothing wrong with that, but there's not a single element of OOT that hasn't been triumphed (apart from its influence).

Or they genuinely think that it's amazing. Your opinions of what is 'better' or not don't change what other people prefer.

opinions =/= facts

zezzy's opinion: Twilight Princess sucks
pikky's opinion: Twilight Princess rocks

zezzy's opinion: Metroid: Other M sucks
pikky's opinion: Metroid: Other M rocks

zezzy's opinion: Super Paper Mario sucks
pikky's opinion: Super Paper Mario rocks

See what I mean?
pikky's opinions = fact

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

edhe

OMG! I've just received an email from the shop I ordered Zelda with, and apparently my order has already been despatched ahead of release date!

I had a feeling that might happen, but I didn't expect it this early.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

kkslider5552000

zezzy wrote:

tealovertoma wrote:

The only reason why someone would still believe that OOT is the greatest game ever is because they appreciate it's revolutionising nature or because they've got rose-tinted glasses of the past. There's nothing wrong with that, but there's not a single element of OOT that hasn't been triumphed (apart from its influence).

Or they genuinely think that it's amazing. Your opinions of what is 'better' or not don't change what other people prefer.

opinions =/= facts

lol justifying nostalgia goggles, cool story

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

irken004

edhe wrote:

OMG! I've just received an email from the shop I ordered Zelda with, and apparently my order has already been despatched ahead of release date (I had a feeling that might happen, but not this early!).

If it's set for release day delivery, it'd probably take 3-4 days for it to arrive anyway. I'd expect you to get it either one day before release or on release day.

Radixxs

What makes me so excited for this game is the huge map and the fact that it is in the sky. Something about flying around to different places on a Loftwing is very appealing to me.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

SkywardLink98

I prefer my nintendo games a bit darker, but hey it still looks really good.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Fuzzy

Ordered off zavvi today, so hopefully it gets dispatched soon.

Then hopefully I can finish Uncharted before this arrives.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

skywake

@ the metacritic argument
We got a remade and, according to the vast majority of peoples, better version of OoT only a few months ago. It got 94% on metacritic. Skyward Sword is currently on 95% so........ what that basically means is that people making metacritic arguments should calm down because they're both awesome games.

and Twilight Princess was also awesome, also 95%. Disagree? Play it again because you're wrong.

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, The Avalanches
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

zezhyrule

kkslider5552000 wrote:

zezzy wrote:

tealovertoma wrote:

The only reason why someone would still believe that OOT is the greatest game ever is because they appreciate it's revolutionising nature or because they've got rose-tinted glasses of the past. There's nothing wrong with that, but there's not a single element of OOT that hasn't been triumphed (apart from its influence).

Or they genuinely think that it's amazing. Your opinions of what is 'better' or not don't change what other people prefer.

opinions =/= facts

lol justifying nostalgia goggles, cool story

/sighs

I think every now and then, people seem to forget that video games are made for entertainment, for you to have fun. If someone finds more joy in playing an older game, they can like that one more than some newer one, or even find it better because it's what they like and what they prefer. No matter how much "better" some newer game is. Like I said.

Nostalgia goggles or not, if someone think a game is better, then it's better to them, whether it is or not to all the reviewers/random-forum-arguing-peoples on earth.

You can't compare "facts" when saying which game is better to an individual either. Maybe they enjoy some archaic controls more than new, revolutionary whatever controls. And that's all that matters.

Who really cares what other people enjoy playing anyway? It's not like it should effect you in any way...

I guess this type of argument is tired by now, so I'll stop

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

RoyalBlur

Token_Girl wrote:

Radixxs wrote:

TokyoRed wrote:

I know that when you Pre-Order Skyward Sword you get the limited edition Gold Wiimote but does anyone know if a Motion Plus piece is apart of the package?

I don't think you have to pre-order it? I'm pretty sure it's just a separate bundle. The remote is a WiiMote +, in that it has Motion Plus built in.

The Wiimote that comes in the bundle is the Wii Remote Plus - it includes motion plus in the remote, so you don't need the dongle. You don't get the Wiimote if you preorder it. It's a separate bundle that costs $69.99 instead of $49.99. I don't have to preorder it to get it though.

Oh okay, thanks so much guys! Yep, we need to but the other package as we bought the Wii before the release of Wii Sports Resort Island!

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic