Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 641 to 660 of 1,935

AuthorMessage

Meta-Rift

641. Posted:

MiracleBlaze wrote:

Meta-Rift wrote:

Anyway, Skyward Sword is guaranteed to be better than Ocarina of Time. And I predict that a large portion of the Zelda fanbase will complain about the best parts of the game. :P

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/the-legend-of-zelda-skywar...

In case you were wondering, The original N64 Version of Ocarina of Time scored 99%.

I was not wondering, because

It should be blatantly obvious by now that Skyward Sword puts Ocarina of Time to shame.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage

3DS

642. Posted:

OMG Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is nearly here. My pre order should be sent tomorrow :)

Conduit 2 = 2150-8520-4215 - Nickname = Conor
3DS = 0817-3849-1308. Name = [NL] 3DS
Goldeneye FC = 2768-9180-5064 Nickname = [NL] 3DS
Skype = Conor3000

AuthorMessage

Platypus

643. Posted:

3DS wrote:

OMG Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is nearly here. My pre order should be sent tomorrow :)

Mine doesn't ship until December 1st :(

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage

Bacon_Gal_Blaze

644. Posted:

Meta-Rift wrote:

MiracleBlaze wrote:

Meta-Rift wrote:

Anyway, Skyward Sword is guaranteed to be better than Ocarina of Time. And I predict that a large portion of the Zelda fanbase will complain about the best parts of the game. :P

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/the-legend-of-zelda-skywar...

In case you were wondering, The original N64 Version of Ocarina of Time scored 99%.

I was not wondering, because

It should be blatantly obvious by now that Skyward Sword puts Ocarina of Time to shame.

How so? They're both great games, I doubt one of them can put the other to shame if they are both critically acclaimed masterpieces.

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

AuthorMessage

Meta-Rift

645. Posted:

@MiracleBlaze: Unless you've been ignoring everything related to Skyward Sword in the past few months, I find it hard to believe that you think it might not be better than Ocarina of Time. Besides, it's not an unreasonable expectation. I'd be pretty disappointed if it wasn't better.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

646. Posted:

Meta-Rift wrote:

@MiracleBlaze: Unless you've been ignoring everything related to Skyward Sword in the past few months, I find it hard to believe that you think it might not be better than Ocarina of Time.

Haha. You so funny.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Bacon_Gal_Blaze

647. Posted:

@Meta-Rift: I'm not saying Skyward Sword can't necessarily be better than Ocarina of Time, what I'm saying is that it's kind of unfair how you make it sound like Ocarina of Time is some sort of abomination and that Skyward Sword will put it to shame. I don't see how Skyward Sword can put Ocarina to shame if they are both really great games. :-)

My point is not that Skyward Sword can't be better, but that you seem to be treating Ocarina like an awful game. Especially judging by the way you say you'd be pretty dissapointed if Skyward Sword wasn't better than Ocarina of Time, when Ocarina of Time is statistically the best game ever made. It just seems you kind of have quite a low opinion on Ocarina, so I was just coming in to make my point.

Anyway, let's stop having some dumb argument about which is better, and simply say that Skyward Sword will be a great game, and that Ocarina was a great game. :-)

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

AuthorMessage

Meta-Rift

648. Posted:

I wasn't trying to argue about it, I was commenting on what was said on the previous page. >_<

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

649. Posted:

Ocarina Of Time was the greatest game ever made... when it came out. It was revolutionizing and the new standard. That's exactly what it sounds like, developers - including nintendo - can use it as a foundation to build games on. So yes, many of them will be smoother/better paced/have better story/have more impressive artstyles.

The only reason why someone would still believe that OOT is the greatest game ever is because they appreciate it's revolutionising nature or because they've got rose-tinted glasses of the past. There's nothing wrong with that, but there's not a single element of OOT that hasn't been triumphed (apart from its influence).

Edited on by citizenerased

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

650. Posted:

tealovertoma wrote:

The only reason why someone would still believe that OOT is the greatest game ever is because they appreciate it's revolutionising nature or because they've got rose-tinted glasses of the past. There's nothing wrong with that, but there's not a single element of OOT that hasn't been triumphed (apart from its influence).

Or they genuinely think that it's amazing. Your opinions of what is 'better' or not don't change what other people prefer.

opinions =/= facts

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

johnhood

651. Posted:

Rave reviews of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword made me consider buying a replacement Wii to play the game, and then I remembered that a relative won a free console. Win.

johnhood

Twitter: johnhood

AuthorMessage

pikku

652. Posted:

zezzy wrote:

tealovertoma wrote:

Or they genuinely think that it's amazing. Your opinions of what is 'better' or not don't change what other people prefer.

opinions =/= facts

zezzy's opinion: Twilight Princess sucks
pikky's opinion: Twilight Princess rocks

zezzy's opinion: Metroid: Other M sucks
pikky's opinion: Metroid: Other M rocks

zezzy's opinion: Super Paper Mario sucks
pikky's opinion: Super Paper Mario rocks

See what I mean? :*
pikky's opinions = fact :*

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

AuthorMessage

Shining-Void

653. Posted:

IGN gave the Skyward Sword a 10/10!!! :D

I am currently playing Super metroid, Most wanted U, Runner 2, and Darksiders 2.
Currently reading Magi, Soul Eater, 07 ghost, Area no kishi, and Pandora's Heart
"Let us see the difference of power. Realize the absolute disparity! Indignant Judgment!"
pkmn black 2 fc: 4814 4862 8046

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

AuthorMessage

edhe

654. Posted:

OMG! I've just received an email from the shop I ordered Zelda with, and apparently my order has already been despatched ahead of release date!

I had a feeling that might happen, but I didn't expect it this early.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery
Wii #: 2706 9539 1977 4210
Yes. I have Wii Music
Edwardpon playplay Xenoblade Chronicles
WarioWare D.I.Y
Even I don't know how to pronounce my username
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

655. Posted:

zezzy wrote:

tealovertoma wrote:

opinions =/= facts

lol justifying nostalgia goggles, cool story

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

irken004

656. Posted:

edhe wrote:

OMG! I've just received an email from the shop I ordered Zelda with, and apparently my order has already been despatched ahead of release date (I had a feeling that might happen, but not this early!).

If it's set for release day delivery, it'd probably take 3-4 days for it to arrive anyway. I'd expect you to get it either one day before release or on release day.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Radixxs

657. Posted:

What makes me so excited for this game is the huge map and the fact that it is in the sky. Something about flying around to different places on a Loftwing is very appealing to me.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

658. Posted:

I prefer my nintendo games a bit darker, but hey it still looks really good.

*Opinions, views, and/or biases are all subject to change on a regular basis.
Sorry everyone, but GLaDOS has been delayed.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

Fuzzy

659. Posted:

Ordered off zavvi today, so hopefully it gets dispatched soon.

Then hopefully I can finish Uncharted before this arrives.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

AuthorMessage

skywake

660. Posted:

@ the metacritic argument
We got a remade and, according to the vast majority of peoples, better version of OoT only a few months ago. It got 94% on metacritic. Skyward Sword is currently on 95% so........ what that basically means is that people making metacritic arguments should calm down because they're both awesome games.

and Twilight Princess was also awesome, also 95%. Disagree? Play it again because you're wrong. ;)

NNID: skywake