Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 561 to 580 of 1,934

AuthorMessage

Dynetheous

561. Posted:

everything you dream is right... until you wake up and its all crap

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

AuthorMessage

BenAV

562. Posted:

Personally I couldn't care less what review scores this game gets.
The game's looking like it might be my favourite game I've ever played, and no review score will change that.

Who cares what other people think? As long as you like it then that's all that matters.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

irken004

563. Posted:

Does anyone know if your local gamestop shop will have a midnight release? I haven't called mine yet to see but the general consensus after looking through google is: nope.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

564. Posted:

Gamestop is too busy focusing on the self-proclaimed "most anticipated game in history," Modern Warfare 3. That and Skyrim. Meanwhile, we're all anticipating what many are proclaiming to be the best Zelda game ever made. I'll take that claim over "most anticipated" any day.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

NX01Trekkie1992

565. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

Does anyone know if your local gamestop shop will have a midnight release? I haven't called mine yet to see but the general consensus after looking through google is: nope.

been meaning to check on that, I'll be going there tomorrow if possible to find out, thanks for reminding me

NX01Trekkie1992

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

566. Posted:

vonseux wrote:

Swiket wrote:

Did you see the response to Eurogamer's review of Uncharted 3? They had to allow the game’s lead designer to respond on the site itself.

The execution exhibits a kind of workmanship and polish way beyond the ambition of most other developers, let alone their abilities or budgets. As an expression of all that a video game could be, however, Uncharted 3 is narrow, focused and ultimately shallow. It is a majestic tribute to cinema, a movie game in the literal sense, and your enjoyment will be in precise step with your appreciation of that objective
that's exactly what i think on the previous games!! it's nice to see different oppinions on otherwise concensual media

Uncharted makes a great cinematic experience. As a game, it's very repetitive and tedious.

Unfortunately, this is how most of these types of games are. More focus on the cinematic storytelling and cutscenes, and less focus on the actual gameplay and level design. They might as well be called "interactive movies", cause they certainly aren't "games".

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

Noire

567. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

I pre-ordered my copy today (yays!) and the guy working said they were having a midnight release ... though it may just be that my Gamestop is awesome like that. I hear horror stories all the time but mine is really nice...

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

568. Posted:

Are you the same person as MechaPhoenix? Just curious. I noticed a lot of people changed their names on here.

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

569. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

vonseux wrote:

Swiket wrote:

Did you see the response to Eurogamer's review of Uncharted 3? They had to allow the game’s lead designer to respond on the site itself.

The execution exhibits a kind of workmanship and polish way beyond the ambition of most other developers, let alone their abilities or budgets. As an expression of all that a video game could be, however, Uncharted 3 is narrow, focused and ultimately shallow. It is a majestic tribute to cinema, a movie game in the literal sense, and your enjoyment will be in precise step with your appreciation of that objective
that's exactly what i think on the previous games!! it's nice to see different oppinions on otherwise concensual media

Uncharted makes a great cinematic experience. As a game, it's very repetitive and tedious.

Unfortunately, this is how most of these types of games are. More focus on the cinematic storytelling and cutscenes, and less focus on the actual gameplay and level design. They might as well be called "interactive movies", cause they certainly aren't "games".

Nope a Interactive movie would be something along the lines of Heavy Rain or Indigo Prophesy.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

NX01Trekkie1992

570. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

LadyPhoenix wrote:

Are you the same person as MechaPhoenix? Just curious. I noticed a lot of people changed their names on here.

indeed the same person, here's a little tip, if ever in doubt, try typing in the user account link for the old name (in this case http://www.nintendolife.com/users/MechaPhoenix ), if they're the same person, the old URL will redirect to the new account, just like that URL will redirect to LadyPhoenix

Edited on by NX01Trekkie1992

NX01Trekkie1992

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

571. Posted:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

Gamestop is too busy focusing on the self-proclaimed "most anticipated game in history," Modern Warfare 3. That and Skyrim. Meanwhile, we're all anticipating what many are proclaiming to be the best Zelda game ever made. I'll take that claim over "most anticipated" any day.

Well, yeah. Skyrim and MW3 will without a doubt sell more copies (if by nothing else than sheer virtue of being out on two platforms instead of one) than Zelda so of course they're going to focus more on that. They're a business

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

moomoo

572. Posted:

The_Fox wrote:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

Well, yeah. Skyrim and MW3 will without a doubt sell more copies (if by nothing else than sheer virtue of being out on two platforms instead of one) than Zelda so of course they're going to focus more on that. They're a business

That, and the majority of people don't care about the Wii anymore.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

BenAV

573. Posted:

Hopefully EB Games in Melbourne decides to have a midnight launch, especially considering Super Mario 3D Land is coming out on the exact same day and they have 'The Nintendo Experience' upstairs.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

574. Posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_j-5Um_Ha8

Coolest Zelda trailer since Majora's Mask?

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

575. Posted:

tealovertoma wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_j-5Um_Ha8

Coolest Zelda trailer since Majora's Mask?

That seems dangerous. But yeah nothing is toping that MM commerical.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

576. Posted:

three more gameplay videos
http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2011/11/skyward-sword-three-more-...

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

Dynetheous

577. Posted:

i second that @moomoo every one who plays xbox or ps3 thinks that the wii is for kiddies. but IMHO i think that zelda games are way better than any other game. im really looking forward to skyrim friday but as soon as skward sword comes out, ill be dropping skyrim and running for my copy of SS. I think if they promote zelda more, then more people would fall in love with the series and want more of it. then pretty soon afterward zelda will be up there with the other top games such as skyrim or MW3

Edited on by Dynetheous

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

578. Posted:

wait your pick for an awesome wii game that doesn't sell well is zelda?

Not....almost every other good Wii game? Zelda isn't popular? That's what you're complaining about? REALLY? REALLY?!

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

579. Posted:

Zephren wrote:

i second that @moomoo every one who plays xbox or ps3 thinks that the wii is for kiddies. but IMHO i think that zelda games are way better than any other game. im really looking forward to skyrim friday but as soon as skward sword comes out, ill be dropping skyrim and running for my copy of SS. I think if they promote zelda more, then more people would fall in love with the series and want more of it. then pretty soon afterward zelda will be up there with the other top games such as skyrim or MW3

Didn't know Sakurai didn't like the wii. He developed too games for it.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

580. Posted:

I'm getting my Wii fixed AGAIN so it can read dual-layer discs properly. Damn you Super Smash Bros. Brawl!

Hopefully Skyward Sword won't screw up my Wii.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

PSN ID PS_man1984