Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 461 to 480 of 1,935

AuthorMessage

Usagi-san

461. Posted:

YashaTheSlayer wrote:

pocket_arsenal wrote:

TheSolarKnight wrote:

I'd like to point out, that in a lot of link's adventures, you could choose which hand he used items for.

What? What game are you talking about?

mostly the GB games, LA, OoA, OoS, etc

Not really. weren't the gameboy games a little unique in this regard? In Zelda 1, ALLTP, and Oot at least you couldn't, the sword was always a set button.
Regardless I can't wait to play this game, I really like the upgrading equipment concept.

Edited on by Usagi-san

"I never swear, my lord, I say yes or no; and, as I am a gentleman, I keep my word." - D'artagnan in Twenty Years After

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

462. Posted:

Some stuff From the Edge and ONM reviews.

ONM

• no limit to amount of one item you can carry
  • no Tingle
  • there are three unconnected chunks of Hyrule that you access from the Sky Realm by flying through one of the three portals in the clouds - Eldin Volcano, Faron Woods and the desert area
  • you can hit down on the D-pad to re-centre the cursor
  • you can finish the game without upgrading a single item or potion.
  • all of the NPCs are named characters
  • most of them have their own house on the island
  • many NPC sidequests reward you with gratitude points, which are then used on another, larger side-quest
  • reviewer says it's easier than Ocarina Of Time and Twilight Princess
  • hints at other returning characters
  • main theme is used in some creative, goosebump-inducing ways too
  • Wind Waker's Great Sea is larger than the Sky overworld
  • Skyward Sword's has Hyrule
  • visit the Silent Realm a number of times
  • the dark-skinned blonde woman is a very important character, and one you might remember from another Zelda game

EDGE

[/quote]
Before a sword even enters his hands we've met a uniquely athletic Link... Regions built around volcano ascents and sucking quicksand help rediscover a platforming challenge diminished in Zelda since the addition of the auto-jump.

Nintendo has been so busy elaborating on Ocarina's heroic ideal that it's forgotten to embrace it for itself. So what better way to honour 25 years of bravery than courageously striving for something new? And what opportune hardware to cut those ties? After all, hasn't the Wii hardware spent the past five years searching for the hero inside itself? Firstparty experiments have tested Wii's boundaries, deducing what does and doesn't work. Their findings resonate throughout Skyward Sword. In Wii Sports-powered bomb bowling. In skydiving and swordplay learnt on a Wuhu holiday. In the surreal beauty and orchestrated bombast beamed down from Super Mario Galaxy. In the metallic Metroid chu-chunk of a door lock. Even the opinion-dividing Wii Music is vindicated in subtle moments of auto-tuning cleverness. How apt that this ultimate tale of hero-making should see Nintendo's hardware become the console it was always meant to be.

[/quote]

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

463. Posted:

Some stuff From the Edge and ONM reviews.

ONM

• no limit to amount of one item you can carry
  • no Tingle
  • there are three unconnected chunks of Hyrule that you access from the Sky Realm by flying through one of the three portals in the clouds - Eldin Volcano, Faron Woods and the desert area
  • you can hit down on the D-pad to re-centre the cursor
  • you can finish the game without upgrading a single item or potion.
  • all of the NPCs are named characters
  • most of them have their own house on the island
  • many NPC sidequests reward you with gratitude points, which are then used on another, larger side-quest
  • hints at other returning characters
  • main theme is used in some creative, goosebump-inducing ways too
  • Skyward Sword's has Hyrule
  • visit the Silent Realm a number of times
  • the dark-skinned blonde woman is a very important character, and one you might remember from another Zelda game

EDGE

[/quote]
Before a sword even enters his hands we've met a uniquely athletic Link... Regions built around volcano ascents and sucking quicksand help rediscover a platforming challenge diminished in Zelda since the addition of the auto-jump.

Nintendo has been so busy elaborating on Ocarina's heroic ideal that it's forgotten to embrace it for itself. So what better way to honour 25 years of bravery than courageously striving for something new? And what opportune hardware to cut those ties? After all, hasn't the Wii hardware spent the past five years searching for the hero inside itself? Firstparty experiments have tested Wii's boundaries, deducing what does and doesn't work. Their findings resonate throughout Skyward Sword. In Wii Sports-powered bomb bowling. In skydiving and swordplay learnt on a Wuhu holiday. In the surreal beauty and orchestrated bombast beamed down from Super Mario Galaxy. In the metallic Metroid chu-chunk of a door lock. Even the opinion-dividing Wii Music is vindicated in subtle moments of auto-tuning cleverness. How apt that this ultimate tale of hero-making should see Nintendo's hardware become the console it was always meant to be.

[/quote]

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Faron

464. Posted:

So, the game got 10/10 from Edge and 98% from ONM.

Faron

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

465. Posted:

I don't like that at all

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

Mizore

466. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

I don't like that at all

....People who played the game demos and whatnot said it has difficultly...how can it be easier than TP? o_0

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

467. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

I don't like that at all

Don't like it at all either. Maybe he's just joking... :o

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

NX01Trekkie1992

468. Posted:

Eureka wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

I don't like that at all

....People who played the game demos and whatnot said it has difficultly...how can it be easier than TP? o_0

TP had SOME challenges, just not enough...

NX01Trekkie1992

AuthorMessage

Adam

469. Posted:

3D Zelda is never hard. I don't see the big deal. It's more about the adventure and the experience, both of which this game seems to have in spades.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

470. Posted:

ok, we can confirm that's a lie, a 3D Zelda game being easier than TP isn't actually possible

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

471. Posted:

Ocarina of Time was easier than TP. Majora's Mask was the hardest.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

NX01Trekkie1992

472. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Ocarina of Time was easier than TP. Majora's Mask was the hardest.

Some of TPs bosses were tougher though I think, in general, it was an easy game, but it had some of the best bosses along with WW

NX01Trekkie1992

AuthorMessage

Usagi-san

473. Posted:

"the dark-skinned blonde woman is a very important character, and one you might remember from another Zelda game"
Who's this?

"I never swear, my lord, I say yes or no; and, as I am a gentleman, I keep my word." - D'artagnan in Twenty Years After

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

474. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Ocarina of Time was easier than TP.

maybe? Possibly?

...actually no, that isn't true. At least as a whole, TP occasionally has a giant difficulty increase like the snow...dungeon (I can't remember the name anymore) and in theory it should be tougher because of the increase in enemies etc but no OOT is still more difficult. Despite playing OOT from beginning to end 3 or 4 times more.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

pikku

475. Posted:

Remember that difficulty is relative to the person.

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

AuthorMessage

Mizore

476. Posted:

Only boss in TP that posed a real threat to me was Stallord. (...and Agnorok (or whatever) on the first time because I had no idea what to do at the end with the flames. >.>)

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

Meta-Rift

477. Posted:

Yes, Twilight Princess is very easy. Yes, Ocarina of Time is even easier.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage

Mizore

478. Posted:

...Eh, TP is the easiest game for me...so, whatever. Guess its different for everyone. >.>

AuthorMessage

Link79

479. Posted:

Let's be honest here. No Zelda game has ever been very difficult.
It's figuring out what to do next that presents the challenge. Not how skilled a player you are.
If you want challenge you're looking for it in the wrong franchise.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

Mizore

480. Posted:

Majora's Mask and Master Quest had difficulty...even Spirit Tracks. (not as hard though, but still harder than others)