Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 441 to 460 of 1,935

AuthorMessage

grenworthshero

441. Posted:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

I dont see why your getting so mad. Twilight Princess on Wii is a separate Zelda title and counts as Link being right handed. Whereas Master Quest 3D is half of a game. See the difference? Master Quest 3D doesn't count. It's not it's own game.

I'm not mad, I'm just saying, I don't think a port counts, since it's not the original version. Just as Master Quest 3D shouldn't count because it's a port of the original version.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
3DS Code: 3823-8687-7682
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--Facebook--last.fm

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

442. Posted:

Your mistaking Master Quest 3D for Ocarina of Time 3D. Saying Twilight Princess Wii doesn't count is like saying every remake of Zelda doesn't count as a Zelda on that console. Your logic doesn't make sense. And I don't see how the Wii version is so bad when compared to the GCN version. They're the same game or am I missing something?

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

443. Posted:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Your mistaking Master Quest 3D for Ocarina of Time 3D. Saying Twilight Princess Wii doesn't count is like saying every remake of Zelda doesn't count as a Zelda on that console. Your logic doesn't make sense. And I don't see how the Wii version is so bad when compared to the GCN version. They're the same game or am I missing something?

doesn't bother me, but I can see why people would get sick of using the Wiimote for every sword attack ever and num-chuck etc.

other than that, ????????

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

444. Posted:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Saying Twilight Princess Wii doesn't count is like saying every remake of Zelda doesn't count as a Zelda on that console.

Zelda: TP was not remade for the wii, it was ported, mirrored, and they slapped on some waggle.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

445. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Saying Twilight Princess Wii doesn't count is like saying every remake of Zelda doesn't count as a Zelda on that console.

Zelda: TP was not remade for the wii, is was ported, mirrored, and they slapped on some waggle.

major Zelda title

"slapped on"

logic error detected

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

446. Posted:

@kkslider
Agreed. Nothing is wrong about it. And if your wrist is hurting you from this game then your either A) Playing for too long and getting way too into it or B) Have arthritis.

@zez
My bad, your hyruly-ness. How does that make it oh-so terrible?

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Digitally Downloaded.

AuthorMessage

grenworthshero

447. Posted:

@Viewtiful_Joe
It makes it terrible because everything about the game is awkward. It's just annoying waggling the Wiimote every time you want to attack, you can't change the camera angle because there's not second control stick, and using the items is awkward in itself (having to press the D-pad, and then press the B button.) Everything about the game was tacked on, as zezhyrule said. That's a fact. The game was completed for the GCN, and then they had to add Wii controls. Not only that, but they mirrored the entire game, obviously, which is pretty much proof that they just tacked everything on, because they didn't want to spend the time to reprogram anything.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
3DS Code: 3823-8687-7682
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--Facebook--last.fm

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

448. Posted:

The Wii remote is your second analog. I've never had these problems. Fishing, shooting the bow, using the grappling hook, etc. all felt natural more so than "tacked on". You press select and assign items to the buttons. I can't see that being such a problem. I feel your just nitpicking.

Digitally Downloaded.

AuthorMessage

BenAV

449. Posted:

I played Twilight Princess on the Wii and I liked the controls.
The pointer made life easy when shooting arrows, etc. and the 'waggle' controls weren't a problem - It meant just having to have a small shake of the remote rather than pressing a button, which I found to be probably more intuitive and just as easy.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.
I'm sure some people like the Gamecube controls and some like the Wii controls.
Fortunately for us, both options exist so everyone can be happy. :)

My Colors! 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Link79

450. Posted:

I like both versions of TP but I prefer the one on Gamecube.
That's the original version.
The mirroring thing on Wii really screws you up when you're used to the cube version.
I also don't like how on Wii there's a giant Wii remote icon covering the right side of the screen.
Hopefully skyward sword doesn't have that problem.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

BenAV

451. Posted:

Link79 wrote:

I also don't like how on Wii there's a giant Wii remote icon covering the right side of the screen.
Hopefully skyward sword doesn't have that problem.

From what I've heard Skyward Sword does... but it's only the default setting.
There are two other options that apparently clean up the HUD considerably so there shouldn't be any issues there. :)

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Link79

452. Posted:

@ BenAV
That's a relief. I like as few things as possible cluttering up the screen.

Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

BenAV

453. Posted:

Well from what I've heard, one of the options has pretty much nothing cluttering up the screen besides the obvious things like your hearts and whatever.
It's good that Nintendo thought about this.
The detailed HUD is available for people unfamiliar with Zelda games and such, but for people that just want a nice, clean screen so they can enjoy the game as much as possible, that option is there too.
As well as something in between I believe.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

NX01Trekkie1992

454. Posted:

works for me, I loved how there was NO HUD WHATSOEVER in OoT3D, helped make the 3D work a lot better too

NX01Trekkie1992

AuthorMessage

Ernest_The_Crab

455. Posted:

I'd like to point out, that in a lot of link's adventures, you could choose which hand he used items for. That would effectively make him perfectly apt with either hand, to the point that you wouldn't be able to make a judgement on his dominant hand.

Also, ambidextrous doesn't really mean that one's left hand is equally as effective as one's right.

My Backlog | http://www.backloggery.com/thesolarknight

Friend Safari: Espurr, Munna, Duosion

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7515-3526 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePillowGolem

AuthorMessage

Link79

456. Posted:

@ Yasha Stepanovic
Good point about Ocarina 3D. Having nothing on the HUD was definitely an improvement.

I always had a problem with the Hud in the Metroid Prime games.
You can remove all the displays but doing so seemed to defeat the purpose. They are supposed to be FPS style games and the inside the visor view is meant to make you feel like you're wearing Samus's helmet.
All it ends up doing is making a mess of the screen and limiting your view so I always just turned it all off.

Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

Adam

457. Posted:

The context of the conversation began with someone saying he or she wanted to practice playing Zelda left-handed — I presume because Link will be right-handed, which might make swinging the Wii remote in your left hand awkward for left-handers. So obviously Twilight Princess Link "counts" as being right-handed.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

SkywardL

458. Posted:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is going to be legendary (of Zelda).

3DS Friendcode: 1590 - 4719 - 1381
Friend Safari: Gabite, Shelgon, and Sliggoo

AuthorMessage

pocket_arsenal

459. Posted:

TheSolarKnight wrote:

I'd like to point out, that in a lot of link's adventures, you could choose which hand he used items for.

What? What game are you talking about?

I don't always give myself signatures, but when I do, you just read it.

AuthorMessage

NX01Trekkie1992

460. Posted:

pocket_arsenal wrote:

TheSolarKnight wrote:

I'd like to point out, that in a lot of link's adventures, you could choose which hand he used items for.

What? What game are you talking about?

mostly the GB games, LA, OoA, OoS, etc

NX01Trekkie1992