Wii Forum

Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Showing 401 to 420 of 1,934

AuthorMessage

Cia

401. Posted:

Link79 wrote:

Shoulda coulda woulda.
You all are gonna turn into a big bunch of haters. Just like the group that claims TP was such a letdown.
I guess I'm the only fan out there who enjoys them all.

I like them all as well :)

Cia

AuthorMessage

Adam

402. Posted:

Pretty much all of them did (not sure about Phantom Hourglass — I think there was one but it was unnecessary), but not like Ocarina started. The first four games had instruments that were just one-use things, not key items to the game where you have to learn and perform various songs on them, which always felt a bit too silly to me.

I could see doing it once or twice, but I wish they would think of another way for him to learn spells so that the instrument change from game to game isn't just superficial. Zelda 2 for instance just had him learn spells and presumably cast them by speaking them, the whistle not really being like the ocarina/harp/conductor's wand/whatever. It would be neat to try something different once again, if spells are even necessary to the series (some don't have any equivalent to this at all), like have Link do magical zumba dances.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Link79

403. Posted:

@ Adam
Remember that dancing mask from Majora? The one you wear that makes Link teach that silly dance to the two girls in clock town? That always rather creeped me out. It was strange seeing Link move like that.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

Adam

404. Posted:

Haha, I am glad now more than ever that Majora is one of the few I didn't finish. I am more a fan of the 2D games (still excited about the new one though).

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

Link79

405. Posted:

Yeah that was definitely a weird game but I kinda liked it.
The Zora form was cool. It gave Link the ability to to do some sweet martial arts style kicks!
Plus the fierce deity mask was awesome! It turned you into adult Link and made you look like a warrior god or something.

Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

Adam

406. Posted:

The masks always seemed like a super cool idea. I actually didn't like it because I found all the necessary town quests vague and boring. If not for the timer, I might have had the patience to figure it out and get to the meat of the game, but ... maybe some day, I always say.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

Meta-Rift

407. Posted:

Adam wrote:

They need to get over the music thing. It really doesn't need to be in every game, and it's not that interesting. All you do is memorize button combinations to cast a spell. Neat once, maybe, but not over a decade later after several slight variations of the same idea. He's a legendary hero not a one-man band.

I don't mind it, but I definitely wouldn't miss it, either. The only one I ever liked was the Wind Waker, mainly because it's rhythm-based.

Also,

All you do is memorize button combinations to cast a spell.

^That reminds me, I want another game where Link actually learns magic, like Zelda II.

@Link79: The only Zelda game I hate on is OoT. The rest are awesome.
And Kamaro's Mask was the best mask in the game. D:

Edited on by Meta-Rift

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage

Dynetheous

408. Posted:

@meta-rift WHAT!?? the fierce deity mask is the best :P

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

AuthorMessage

Meta-Rift

409. Posted:

No way! Kamaro's Mask gives Link the ability to dance, so it's clearly superior.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage

Link79

410. Posted:

I don't get why the time thing in Majora's mask bothered people.
You can slow it down drastically with the inverted song of time. You don't have to rush through the game to beat it. The items you find don't all vanish after returning to the first day. You keep the important things and only lose stuff like bombs and arrows that are easily replenished in the field.
That game is so misunderstood. :(

Didn't mean to go off topic but Majora must be defended.
It's rather good if you try to undertand how it works.

Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

Dynetheous

411. Posted:

majora's mask is my fav zelda game, so yeah.. dont diss MM k? thanks people :P

AuthorMessage

Adam

412. Posted:

If you don't have that song, it is annoying. It makes you redo things you've already done.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

413. Posted:

Link79 wrote:

I don't get why the time thing in Majora's mask bothered people.

because people have horrible opinions

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

Meta-Rift

414. Posted:

Adam wrote:

If you don't have that song, it is annoying. It makes you redo things you've already done.

You get the song as soon as you get the ocarina. Most of the events that reset can be skipped by using certain items and playing certain songs. If you want to re-fight a boss (to trigger certain events), you can go directly to the boss room from the beginning of the temple. You can deposit your rupees in West Clock Town and withdraw them after you go back in time.

I only ran out of time once, and that was just because I wanted to see what happens.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage

Dynetheous

415. Posted:

i guess MM was to difficult for some poeple, so if the reason you didn't like MM is mostly likely because you didn't know how to play it.

Edited on by Dynetheous

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

416. Posted:

MM is a love or hate game. Its one of the weirder game in the series and has alot of themes and gameplay mechanics I want more of. The Game can be annoying at times even with the inverted times.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Meta-Rift

417. Posted:

@Zephren: MM was very difficult for me, too, but none of the difficulty came from the three-day system. Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess are all way too easy, so the challenge of Majora's Mask is a good thing.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage

FubumblR

418. Posted:

Yeah, Majora is definitely on my top 3 Zelda games. Replaying it right now, actually. It might be the shorter of the 3D Zelda's in terms of main story gameplay (only 4 dungeons to traverse) but if any Zelda game can be thought of as "noir" I guess it would be this one. It's just a game where a little detective work goes a long way. You (at least I do) simply want to get everyone's story set straight to complete your Bomber's Notebook.

And, once you slow down time it is almost impossible to accidentally run out of time before completing a dungeon, especially after learning the "Song of Soaring" so you can warp to any owl statue you've unlocked.

Love this game!

3DS: 0946-2231-5194
Wii: 3029-8008-4006-9088
MarioKartWii: 2964-9018-2309
SSBBrawl: 1805-1865-9224

NNID: FubumblR
Words With Friends et al.: FubumblR
Xbox: FubumblR

WiiU MUST have another Baten Kaitos iteration, certainly!
http://passid.ca/fubumb

Nintendo Network ID: FubumblR

AuthorMessage

xXDaKidXx

419. Posted:

Am I the only one who doesn't like MM? Its just complicated and well, a "What the " of the who franchise.

Edited on by theblackdragon

DaKidWiiTrailers

AuthorMessage

Adam

420. Posted:

I don't think I ever even got to a save spot. I just kept getting sent on boring townspeople quests. I think there was some point when the masked guy appeared but then the moon crashed and I had to start everything over again. It was dumb. I'm sure it's fun once you get into it, but it does nothing to help you to that point, and there's nothing I hate more than having to redo stuff I've already done for arbitrary reasons.

Come on, friends,